Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Done being V shaped. All shirts make me look funny.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel your pain. I don't understand why it's so freaking hard to buy clothes that fit. I mean, I'm built like the dudes you see in the ads...why don't the clothes fit me?

Comment

Good point.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I feel your pain. I don't understand why it's so freaking hard to buy clothes that fit. I mean, I'm built like the dudes you see in the ads...why don't the clothes fit me?
        LMAO. Because the men in clothing ads are generally half nude anyway....

I think mens clothes are made to accomodate beer guts. And well, women's clothes seem to be that way too. Buying my husband clothes is a PITA and he is not V shaped, just tall and kind of thin. I can't imagine if you have a slim waist and beefy shoulders. So.... well, do us all a favor and ditch the ill fitting clothes and just wear those kind of snug, spandexy boxers and no shirt or pants and we will all be much happier.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Somewhere in China are a whole bunch of seamstresses laughing their asses off over the crap they sew for us.
          Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

The only shirts that I've been able to find that can actually be claimed to fit me properly off the rack are from TM Lewin. They have a line which they call "fully fitted" which are great for athletic drops ( i.e. you have a significant difference between your shoulder and waist circumference ). They are not cheap, but they do go on sale periodically, and they shouldn't need tailoring.

For what it's worth, I always get compliments on them.

-PK
            My blog : cogitoergoedo.com

Interested in Intermittent Fasting? This might help: part 1, part 2, part 3.

Comment

just go to the dry cleaner for alterations. Unless you have priced them and they really are out of budget, this is what we used for DH and it worked out great every time. And I think it cost us $4/shirt for the alteration?

Comment

You could always aim for a bigger waist.
                Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
                Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
                The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
                Brute Force Sandbags
                www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
                http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Find your size that fits you perfectly and there are loads of online retailers that will sell you a tailored shirt for a fair price.

easy peasy!
                  2010 - 5,11 and 101KG

2012 - 5,11 and 77KG

Train hard, eat well and love life

Comment

Working...
                  X