Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What brings the fastest results weights, kettlebells or bodyweight?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The various things you mentioned are all compatible with each other, anyway. A good comprehensive program that combined big moves (deads, etc) with kettle bell and bodyweight work would get things done.

A program I've done that incorporated all those, and which got me pretty good results, was the Spartan Warrior Workout, by Dave Randolph, which is based on the 300 workout made popular a few years ago. It's not a heavy lifting workout per se (only 135 on deads - but you get to do 50 reps on test day), but it has lots of kettle bell and body weight stuff, is pretty intense, and fairly easy to understand and follow. And from what you described, your gym should be able to accommodate it.

Good luck!

Comment

Thank you all for the advice. I really love these forums. Everyone of you is willing to help each other out. When I get in shape and learn some more I will be dishing out advice as well.

I think I will have to cancel my gym membership when my son is born. Every penny counts!

Now some people mentioned Kettlebells and some others mentioned using sandbags. I found a good website for Kettlebells. They sell Kettlebells at a $1 per pound and it has reasonable shipping costs. Now should I purchase those Kettlebells or go straight for a sandbag? Also I like that I can use the sandbags for deadlifts and squats with it. Also how unstable it is. But at what weight should I look for to get the most benefits?

Comment

Make your own bag and you can adjust the weight to your choosing. A sandbag is going to be cheaper per pound compared to kettlebells. Go to an Army Navy surplus and get yourself a duffel bag, then go to a home improvement store for bags of construction sand. They are usually sold in 50 pound bags. Zip ties and some smaller bags to divide the sand into might also be helpful.

Comment

Also look for old tires. Once you find a good sized one go to home depot and but some eye-bolts, washers, nuts and a cheap but long tie down or rope. Combine with sand bag and you have a weighted drag sled for less than $20. First time i used my "new" tire and sandbag couple days ago left me laying on the ground for 5 or so minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by linuxguy0481 View Post
            Thank you all for the advice. I really love these forums. Everyone of you is willing to help each other out. When I get in shape and learn some more I will be dishing out advice as well.

I think I will have to cancel my gym membership when my son is born. Every penny counts!

Now some people mentioned Kettlebells and some others mentioned using sandbags. I found a good website for Kettlebells. They sell Kettlebells at a $1 per pound and it has reasonable shipping costs. Now should I purchase those Kettlebells or go straight for a sandbag? Also I like that I can use the sandbags for deadlifts and squats with it. Also how unstable it is. But at what weight should I look for to get the most benefits?
            The stability of a sandbag is normally relative to the exercise being performed e.g. stabilising the sandbag during a deadlift is a million miles away from stabilising the sandbag during a windmill.
            Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
            Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
            The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
            Brute Force Sandbags
            www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
            http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Working...
            X