Good sized sandbag to start with

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good sized sandbag to start with

i was wondering if there are any guidelines as to which sized sandbag to start with? is it relevant to any of the size weights you can lift in other lifts? i am looking at one to have at home. they come in 5kgs, 10kgs, 15 etc.

As a general rule most people will lift around 20-40% less in a sandbag than for a comparable barbell exercise.
    Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
    Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
    The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
    Brute Force Sandbags
    www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
    http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

so it would then depend what exercises i wanted to do with the sandbag. overhead press sort of exercises, i do much lighter weights than things below the shoulder. i have 6kg dumbells at home that i overhead press but that is only coz they are the heaviest dumbbells i own. i will try some bigger ones next time i go to the gym. using the general rule. 20-40% approx less than 12kg is about 9-10kg sandbag. i can curtsey lunge 21kg dumbbells for 20 reps. so that would then be 42 kg which would be about 25 - 32kg sandbag lol i prob need an adjustable sandbag!!

Comment

Originally posted by seaweed View Post
        so it would then depend what exercises i wanted to do with the sandbag. overhead press sort of exercises, i do much lighter weights than things below the shoulder. i have 6kg dumbells at home that i overhead press but that is only coz they are the heaviest dumbbells i own. i will try some bigger ones next time i go to the gym. using the general rule. 20-40% approx less than 12kg is about 9-10kg sandbag. i can curtsey lunge 21kg dumbbells for 20 reps. so that would then be 42 kg which would be about 25 - 32kg sandbag lol i prob need an adjustable sandbag!!
        I started out with a range of contractor sandbags (the plastic bags that the sand come in) that I just split down into smaller weights. I had a 10kg, 20kg, 30kg, 40kg and a homemade 'tornado ball' - all for around 6. I use an adjustable bag now but there are plenty of options without.

stock14.jpg
        Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
        Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
        The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
        Brute Force Sandbags
        www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
        http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

I made 4 25 pound sandbags and have a big army duffel bag that i can "load" with varying weights depending on the exercise.

Comment

it would make sense then to make one. obviously it doesnt matter too much where the handles are? or do you sew more on?

Comment

Working...
            X