What to do next?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do next?

I'm looking ahead to when I have completed PBF LHT to level 4, I'm looking to change things up once I've got to this level.

I've really enjoyed having a programme with progressions to follow, so I'm looking for something else to follow that meets the fitness goals I am looking to achive next year.

I really like body weight stuff.

I also really like gymnastic explosive stuff - I'd love do do some parkour soon.

I want to be able to do:

Muscle ups

pistols

handstand push ups

I also want to be able to do explosive stuff like

Kip ups

Jumping on to shit

backflips/frontflips

them flick flack things.

I also really like all the movnat, primal movement type stuff

I'm planning to start in the new year, but I want plenty of time to read arround people's suggestions.

I may also have to put books/DVD's on my christmas list as I can't afford to spend alot (or anything really)

So I really need to make sure that if I pay for something it's 100% right for me, I can't afford to try stuff out on a whim.

Looking forward to all your amazing suggestions.

Oh and this is what I'm doing now for refererance.

Monday - Wednesday - Friday - I'm working through 7 weeks to 50 pull ups (on the prep as my pull ups are weak)
    Tuesday - I'm going for a bike ride (was running by tendon injury means this is off) doing about 1 - 1.5 hours either road or easy trails

Thursday - Lift heavy things (without the pull ups, but with jack knife presses)

Sunday - Sprint type excersies - burpees, squats with light weight. star jumps, box jumps to tabata timings. Or going to the park for same sort of thing but with family joining in.

I also get in walking when I can, normally at least 2 hours a week.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

I'm a tremendous fan of Never Gymless, by Ross Enamit. You can find the book in the store on rosstraining.com
    Journal of an American Dragon: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread89897.html

Comment

Lots of what you talked about can be found in the Convict Conditioning system. Lots of threads on that here.

You might also want to check out the Monkey Bar Gym at monkeybargym.com.

Comment

Kip ups

Jumping on to shit

backflips/frontflips
        None of these need any special level of strength/training, just practice (and confidence when it comes to flips - a mat and/or spotting partner will be invaluable!)

Comment

Kip ups

Jumping on to shit

backflips/frontflips
          None of these need any special level of strength/training, just practice (and confidence when it comes to flips - a mat and/or spotting partner will be invaluable!)

Comment

You might also want to check out MovNat.com. I did a one-day seminar with them, and it's brilliant fun! They'll be in London next May.

Comment

I bought the You Are Your Own Gym eBook and sold my Concept 2 for 600. Have you had a look at forum member Al Kavadlo's site? Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! | We're Working Out!

The eBook has videos in it and after trying the first simple day workout I was knackered for four days. I am slowly working myself up to it using PB fitness.
              Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mightstone2k View Post
                I'm a tremendous fan of Never Gymless, by Ross Enamit. You can find the book in the store on rosstraining.com
                That looks promising - I've booked marked the site and I'll search for some reviews etc and see if I can get if from a UK stockist or it's $12.50 for postage Ouch!

Originally posted by Philosopher Dan View Post
                Lots of what you talked about can be found in the Convict Conditioning system. Lots of threads on that here.

You might also want to check out the Monkey Bar Gym at monkeybargym.com.
                Monkey bar gym seems to be a go to them thing or buy stuff to work out at home from my quick look, it's a long way to go for me I'm gonna check out convict conditioning in more detail too soon, it's on my radar.

Originally posted by zilog View Post
                True. I was playing at the park today, jumping from a big rock to a small bit of wood, jumping from a small bit of wood to the big rock, clearing an 8 foot plus imaginary gap from standing - good fun, but I seem to lose focus without a programm to follow.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                You might also want to check out MovNat.com. I did a one-day seminar with them, and it's brilliant fun! They'll be in London next May.
                I love MovNat but there is no way I can afford one of thier courses - it's like 400 times what I could afford, maybe I should start a kickstarter fund for it

Originally posted by Nigel View Post
                I bought the You Are Your Own Gym eBook and sold my Concept 2 for 600. Have you had a look at forum member Al Kavadlo's site? Al Kavadlo – We're Working Out! | We're Working Out!

That looks interesting too - does it have all the stuff in I'd wan't? I love Al Kavadlo's stuff, I'd like to know more about what's his book we're working out, need to do some more digging really. I'd much rather give my money to some-one like Al than a coprate shell

The eBook has videos in it and after trying the first simple day workout I was knackered for four days. I am slowly working myself up to it using PB fitness.
                You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Comment

Convict Conditioning (1 & 2), Overcoming Gravity, Naked Warrior are some great books.
                  SixStringStrength.com

Comment

Originally posted by mightstone2k View Post
                    Great book.
                    Many different movements and routines for every level of fitness.
                    Read through the whole text before deciding on what you want to do.
                    Lots of great info.
                    Money well spent.

Comment

Never Gymless is looking like a good choice - if I want it I'll just have to pay international postage as it's not available in the UK.

Can anyone compare 'Never Gymless' to 'You are your own gym', as that's available in the UK and alot cheaper.
                      My instinct is it dosn't look as good, but I could just be put off by the the posing ripped, oiled up guy on the front

I think convict conditioning is going to be out of my price range unless I can find it second hand, though it looks good, I think I would opt for 'Never gymless' out of the 2 from what I have seen so far.

Anyone used Al Kavadlo's books? I'm interested in finding out more about them.

Comment

You should have a look at 'a shot of adrenaline' (written as on word). It is to failure like LHT. There as pressup type movements then several leg movements etc. All hsrd variations. Iv added in pullup variations to.

Richard
                        It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardmac View Post
                          You should have a look at 'a shot of adrenaline' (written as on word). It is to failure like LHT. There as pressup type movements then several leg movements etc. All hsrd variations. Iv added in pullup variations to.

Richard
                          Good find - free e-book and vidoes, well you know what they say about Yorkshire men, they are like Scotish men with all the generosity squeezed out

Comment

Haha from your comment I am not sure if you like the programme or hate it haha.

Richard
                            It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

By the way - you clearly have (or at least have access to) - a computer. You can get the CC books from Amazon as the Kindle edition. I have several health and fitness books in that format, and I prefer it. Color illustrations, hyperlinks ..., etc.

The app is free, and the books are actually cheaper. Plus, no postage, and you have a purchase in seconds.

FWIW, I also have You are Your Own Gym and consider it patchy - some parts are quite good and others are so-so. I find anything from Paul Wade and from Pavel Tsatsouline excellent.

Comment

Working...
                              X