What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your workout today?

I'm looking for a new workout plan, one that encompasses many things I've already done including kettlebells, suspension straps, bodyweight exercises, sprinting, etc. But I'm curious what others are doing in the hopes that we can not only learn from each other, but to gain some new ideas for my next plan.

What is your favorite workout - or one that is non-traditional perhaps? Just shopping for ideas, so I'm looking forward to what anyone has to add.
    Resolve to Evolve

Jeff

Twitter: @jpickett1968

Today I'm doing

Power cleans and push press
    Weighted Dips
    Weighted Pullups

5 reps, 5 sets each (5x5)

Comment

One of the best ways to get info is to look at the WOD thread in this forum. Lots of good ideas there.

Comment

I just started Whole 9's 603 PTP 5 week program.

Comment

Rock climbing for me today.
          ~Blog~

Comment

Today was sprinting up and down the stairs an 8-story parking garage. The first hour of parking is free, so I sprint up and down as many times as I can in an hour. For me, its pretty intense.
            Carpe Diem!

Comment

Following Ross Enamaits Infinite Intensity program,today I do a modified strength program

Chin Ups
              Pushups

Pistols
              Glute ham raise

Clean and press

Snatch

Sledgehammer swings as finisher!

Comment

Just did a 30 minute walk - by the side of the road. Much easier on my feet, and it also feels better overall. Never mind the strange looks I get.
                Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

Hockey tonight at 10:15...

Comment

20K hike in the Pelham Shorthills (Southern Ontario, Canada). Me the family and about 20 of our friends and their kids are going to "Storm the Hills". Should be a LOT of fun.

I also just got a TRX suspension trainer for my at home workouts. I use the gym now ONLY for heavy lifting and this suspension trainer is AMAZING and a lot of fun!

Comment

Nice day out in the Northeast...already had a session of back squats, pullups and lunges and now hitting up a hiking trail for a couple hours with the ol' Bulldog.

Comment

Convict Conditioning workout - Horizontal Pullups and Full Squats today. Tried getting on the treadmill, too, but it seems to have broken overnight. Gotta get that repaired today.

Comment

@omajoe
                          A question regarding CC,because I intend to buy it,do you think that you can combine it with other programs as well?Like Interval running,GPP routines and some strength training?Or the volume will be a lot for the body to bear?

Comment

Tabatas from the Crossfit WOD mixed with Convict Conditioning...horizontal pulls, kneeling pushups, half squats and flat frog raises!

Comment

Originally posted by fotakou View Post
                              @omajoe
                              A question regarding CC,because I intend to buy it,do you think that you can combine it with other programs as well?Like Interval running,GPP routines and some strength training?Or the volume will be a lot for the body to bear?
                              yeah you can, but after reading the book, you might ask why you would want to.

It won't kill you to spend a few months focusing on bodyweight stuff. It's great for your joints and tendons. You mention strength...well what is stronger than being able to do handstand pushups, one arm pushups and pullups and one leg squats? The bridging stuff is incredible too.

Adding interval running is a smart idea and maybe a day or two a week of like 2x5 of deadlifts is a good idea. But I cannot emphasize how amazing doing 90% bodyweight stuff is. I can't explain it, but its like I'm not as hungry as I've used to be, the pounds have been dropping off and the definition is way better. I've done Paleo/PB with CF and got good results, but now I am getting better.

What I am doing is actually subbing in the Convict Conditioning stuff into the Crossfit WOD. As far as CF goes, I don't mess with it when they RX Deadlifts or running and I sub whatever step of CC I am on. When they have a workout that won't work (like the other day's max effort on Push Jerks) I just make up my own CC workout.

Comment

Working...
                              X