No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This morning I did a 4 mile jog with 30 second sprint sessions every 3 minutes. Tonight I'm going to take a really long walk (3-4 miles)

Comment

• Today's workout was kinda evil! Mostly because there was a proscribed warmup today that was a bit more than our usual routine

So the warm up was a set of the bergener warm up with a PVC bar and then a set with a 35 lb bar (so far not too abnormal) and then:
      10 push ups
      10 pullups
      10 sit ups
      10 squats
      50 double unders
      10 squats
      10 sit ups
      10 pull ups
      10 push ups

I mean holy cow! That could be a workout itself some days!

THEN came the actual workout:

5 rounds for time of:

20 pull ups
      20 push ups
      20 situps
      20 squats

It was fun though! I did it in just under 20 minutes so I'm happy with it. ANd that on a day when I'm feeling a bit tired anyway!

Comment

• 5 Chins, 10 Sandbag Presses, 15 Sit Ups, 20 Press Ups, 25 Sandbag Squats. 5 rounds.
        Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
        Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
        The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
        Brute Force Sandbags
        www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
        http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

• WOD was seven rounds for time of:

5 handstand push-ups
          10 deadlift, 185#
          10 chest to bar pull-ups

20 double-unders

I had to cheat though - so I just went inverted 5 times, did 60 regular jumps and had to use a rubber band on my pull ups. Also was probably at about 155# on my deadlifts. Was too easy should have had more weight. finished in 26:?? - spend so much time at the pullup bar with muscle failure so I couldn't proceed :/ Definitely need to work on my kips. I hate kips. I also hate that I can't do RX >:[
          ad astra per aspera

Comment

• Skipped yesterday, really tired. Is it just me? Am I sick? Is it the "cold"? The shorter days? Didn't even wanna do anything TODAY, but I can't get TOO lazy now... ;-) Hopefully some heavy lifting on Sunday......

Mobility drills and rolling for the back beforehand.

This took me about 35 minutes total:
            13 One-Armed Push-Ups (bar at hip level, wide-stance)
            12 Goblet Squats w/ Pulse (12#)
            Cycle 3 times
            +
            6 Inverted Rows (full ROM!!!! Will I ever like rows?!?)
            5 Press-Ups (feet on stool)
            Cycle 5 times
            +
            15 One-Legged Squats
            10 Close Push-Ups
            Cycle 3 times

I want a steak.......
            On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• One hour of kettle bells, and one hour of muay thai training. Lifted heavy stuff, then played. Tomorrow, two hours of muay thai, and some sprints.

Comment

• Thrusters - 12-10-8-6-4-2 followed by 6 burpees each set
                Bench press 5000 pounds in under 5:00 (I tried to go heavyish at 155 but managed to get to 4300+ pounds) Will have to try that one again.

Comment

• Squat: 1 x 10 (135); 1 x 8 (185); 1 x 6 (205); 1 x 4 (225); 1 x 2 (245); pretty good form!

Decline Bench: 1 x 12 (115); 1 x 10 (135); 1 x 8 (165); 1 x 6 (175); 1 x 4 (185). First time I do a bench-type lift in a week and a half as shoulder's been hurting.

Chins: 1 x F (+10); 1 x F (+20) , 1 x F (bodyweight).
                  --
                  Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• 5000 pounds! My god! ;-)

5x8 Barbell Lunges (75#) Undoubtedly stronger on my right side!
                    3x15 Goodmornings (Empty Bar)

3x25 Pushups ... Wow those SUCK!
                    3x15 Goblet Squats (20#) Why do these make my back feel funny?? I have such good form...

3x7 Chinups
                    3x30sec Static Pistol, bottom position
                    5x7 Inverted Rows, feet elevated
                    On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Hiked/ran up-hill for 15 minutes (heart-rate 190 bpm)

&

Steve Maxwell's Spartan 300 Basic Workout

x30

- CHIN UP
                      - PUSH UP
                      - SQUAT
                      - SIT UP
                      - BODY WEIGHT ROW
                      - DIVE THRU
                      - SUMO SQUAT
                      - TWISTING CRUNCH
                      - SPRINTER LUNGE
                      - SQUAT THRUST
                      FitDeck Exercise Playing Cards

Comment

• M/W/F - I normally do a long walk. About 90 minutes with the wife. Then I will do pullups in the backyard, bar dips, reverse rows, squats.
                        Tue/Thurs - I normally do hill sprints.
                        Once a week I will do - pushups, planks for my core, shoulder presses, bicep curls, and jump rope.
                        Once a week I will also try to get in a game of pickup basketball. Or if I am lucky enough I will play golf with can equal 5-7 miles of walking and overall fun talking shit with the boys.
                        "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Comment

• All I have done past 2 weeks is walking and spin classes. Had surgery 3 weeks ago and not allowed to lift for 6 weeks and its driving me crazy. Any thoughts on what else I can do?
                          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

• Originally posted by sarahz View Post
                            All I have done past 2 weeks is walking and spin classes. Had surgery 3 weeks ago and not allowed to lift for 6 weeks and its driving me crazy. Any thoughts on what else I can do?
                            What kind of surgery? Can you do pushups? If so there's always onehundredpushups.com to entertain you.

Comment

• I had my boobs done for the second time so basically no upper body stuff. They don't really want me doing cardio either but I think walking and spinning are fine as that area doesn't move much.
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45312.html[SIGPIC]

Comment

• 30 minute run in VFFs.

Comment

Working...
                                X