What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    Gini, how much were you paying for your PT? I was thinking of charging 35-40 bucks for an hour. I think this is DAMN reasonable for private training! ;-)
    $80/hour. So your prices are very reasonable! Can I be trained please??

Friday: 60 minutes of hot vinyasa yoga.

I will have access to a free gym with weights etc on Sunday and Monday! Looking forward to lifting heavy.

Comment

• Yesterday was about an hour of ultimate Frisbee followed by 6x20s sprints with 1.5 minutes of rest between each one.

Today is deadlift! Going to work up to max (maybe around 375x3) and then cool down.
      Also doing sled drags. Maybe also lunges with dumbbells and possibly some chinups too.

Comment

• Gini, you know I totally would if I wasn't all the way down in Florida! ;-)

Dropped my squat weight because of a very achy back this morning. Damn ego........ Did lots of rolling this morning though. :-)

Alternating:
        3x15 Back Squat (75#)
        5x6 Diamond Push-Ups
        Alternating:
        5x6 Lunge (70#)
        3x22 Push-Ups
        Alternating:
        5x5 Chin-Ups
        5x-5-8 Inverted Rows (varied the leverage)

Rest 1-3mins between sets. Definitely screaming over those chin-ups after all that other arm work. Uuuuuuugggghhhhhhhh! Have realized I am almost exclusively lifting heavy things now. Caaan't say I mind what it's doin' for me, though! ;-)
        On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Sprint 8's today.
          Perfect 15 min. workout to end the week.

Comment

• SS A:
            Squats 165 3 x 5
            Bench 165 3 x 5
            Ausie pushups 12,10,8
            Pushups: 25lb weight 15, 12, one-hand-on-basketball 10, 5, collapse
            Some yoga moves to stretch me out

I think it's getting weird how my bench is still progressing as fast as my squat - I have an official "novice" level on bench, but am 60 lb from "novice" level on squat. I squat every time, too. All my life, I've had "bench your weight" as a basic strength guide - I think it came from a high school coach - and I was never anywhere near it until now. I might bench my weight before christmas, how weird is that.
            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Comment

• 5x rotation of:

Deadlifts at 130
              Bench presses at 85
              Backsquats at 105
              Pullups (max out sets)
              Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

• Monday: indoor climbing
                Tuesday: 2 mile walk

Comment

• Kelly

5x

400m run
                  30 box jumps @24 in
                  30 ball throws @14 lbs

36 minutes :[
                  ad astra per aspera

Comment

• BarbeyGirl, glad to see you here!! :-)

Hadn't worked out since last FRIDAY! Been busy, busy, busy. Was anticipating gym time during class while giving a very good presentation on INSULIN.... Oh, how suiting. ;-)

8x85# Back Squat
                    6x95#
                    3x5 105#
                    3x4 110#
                    2x2 115#

24-17-19-16-15-15 Push Ups (uhhhh what's up with this??!?!?)
                    4x8 Inverted Rows
                    5x4 Neutral Grip Pull Ups

EXHAUSTED! I don't know how some of you go low-carb all the time and STILL lift the heavy stuff and STILL have the same output. I just ate a little bit of pumpkin for the first time following this workout and it was surprisingly very very sweet. I can't believe they add sugar to the canned stuff most of the time. They're CRAZY!
                    On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• I did the the WOW Total 530 reps though
                      Lean Primal Fit

Comment

• Primal Blueprint Fitness:

60 decline pushups
                        24 pull ups/chin ups
                        100 squats with 45 lb bar
                        30 overhead press 65 lbs
                        6 minutes of planks

I really like the primal blueprint fitness routine because I move from one exercise to the next, but I have leaned out pretty well so far. Any more and I will be too skinny. I think I am going to move to a starting strength routine this week and work on building muscle, though I am pleased with the way my arms look just from the primal fitness routine.

Comment

• Did an hour of karate this morning.

Tonight I teach the Karate Fitness class at our dojo. I'm going to give them a scaled-down variation of the Wow 500 and let them do 300 reps of whatever bodyweight exercise they want. I'll probably do it with them. Then I teach an hour of Kickboxing. Thursdays always kick my butt!

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                            BarbeyGirl, glad to see you here!! :-)
                            Thanks, Jess -- and likewise!

I'm in the middle of a back-off week, and it's driving me crazy! I'm feeling the strain in my shoulders, quads, and hams, though, so I clearly need the rest. Just farm work and some stretching/yoga today, then it's back to heavy lifting tomorrow. Hooray!
                            Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Comment

• A. back squat 2-2-2-2-2-2 @220#

B.take 50% 2 rep max and get a set of 21

Tabata situps = 11

not used to the sphincter-to-heels crossfit squats -_-; my knees don't like it
                              ad astra per aspera

Comment

• Kettlebell swings X20 w/55lb KB followed by 200m jog, continuous for 20 minutes.

10 minutes of carrying that same kettlebell nonstop.

Comment

Working...
                                X