No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got around to starting up primal activities from the PBF ebook again after a several month lapse. It's a bit harder than I remember, regrettably. Posting in here should hopefully motivate me to stay on track a bit, too. I'm a bit embarrassed by the results so far, but here we go.

So far today, and I'll probably do more later:
    Elevated Jack Knife Press: 10x2
    Knee Pushup: 10x1, 8x1
    Full Squat: 15x1, 20x1
    Forearm/Feet Plank: 22 seconds, 20 seconds
    Forearm/Knees Side Plank(left): 24 seconds
    Forearm/Knees Side Plank(right): 20 seconds
    Last edited by Brett; 11-03-2010, 05:04 PM. Reason: Did side planks incorrectly :P
    Midterms.

Comment

• Finally got back to simple fit yesterday after taking 2 weeks off due to straining my back playing flag football. Day 1 level 4 - 26 Rounds, and my lats are feeling it today

I still played basketball and volleyball the last 2 weeks though.

I also threw in a 5km run last week for fun.
      I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Comment

• Walked 10 miles!
        Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
        http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
        Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brett View Post
          Finally got around to starting up primal activities from the PBF ebook again after a several month lapse. It's a bit harder than I remember, regrettably. Posting in here should hopefully motivate me to stay on track a bit, too. I'm a bit embarrassed by the results so far, but here we go.
          Great work!

Thursday:
          Ramstein for time:
          1000 m row
          25 squats
          20 swings
          15 pushups
          10 burpees
          1/4 mile run
          10 burpees
          15 pushups
          20 swings
          25 squats
          1000 m row
          10 box jumps
          2x5-4 super heavy dumbbell clean and jerks
          2x40 step up thingies
          1/4 mile sprint

Comment

• Brett, don't be embarassed! Anything is something!
            Gini, 80 step-ups! Holy COW!

For me...
            Week 1, Day 3, Fri 5th: 11-15-9-9-13 Push-Ups
            Week 2, Day 2, Fri 5th: 5-6-4-4-7 Diamond Push-Ups
            Week 2, Day 1, Fri 5th: 3-2-3-2-3 Pull-Ups

2x8 Squat (65#)
            2x8 Squat (85#)
            2x5 Squat (100#)
            4x10 Lunge (40#)

I miss playing on the bars :-( But man are those squats brutal! Thinking I should take it easy, due to back issues... Aww.....
            On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• oooph. here's my workout today with pics of me at failure courtesy of a husband unwilling to do this WOD with me haha
              http://thedelicateplace.wordpress.co...njoy-the-burn/

Comment

• I had an Eversave coupon for 3 Pilates Reformer classes, so I took one of those on Saturday AM. It was really interesting working on a machine. It's great core work and it was fun, so I think I'll do at least 2 more classes.

Plan for the week:
                Monday: 60 minutes of hot vinyasa yoga
                Tuesday: rest
                Wednesday: 60 minutes of pilates reformer
                Thursday: lift & sprint
                Friday: 60 minutes of hot vinyasa yoga
                Saturday: climb

It might snow in Boston tonight/this week, so biking season might officially be over. Sad face.

Comment

• Friend got a new bike. EXCITED!!! LOOK OUT ROADS!!! ;-)

Tried a variation of the WOW and it..was...AWESOME!! Haha I had three people stop and ask if they could help... No man, I'm EXERCISING!!! So...

~20mins. of pushing my Nissan back and forth, up on grass, over potholes, hard and fast!
                  Week 2, Day 1, Mon 8th: 14-14-10-10-15 Push Ups
                  Week 2, Day 3, Mon 8th: 5-7-5-5-8 Diamond Push Ups
                  Week 2, Day 1, Mon 8th: 3-3-2-3-3 Pull/Chin Ups
                  On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• NROLFW Stage 1 Workout B - Deadlifts 2x15, Dumbbell Shoulder Press 2x15, Wide Grip Lat Pulldown 2x15, Dumbbell Lunges 2x15, and Swiss Ball Crunches 2x15.

Finally felt well enough to hit the gym, unfortunately forgot my water bottle so I suffered some serious dehydration issues on the bus home. Ick.
                    Also completely forgot to do them as alternating sets (Press/Pulldown and Lunges/Crunches). Definite learning curve involved when switching from machines to freeweights.

Next week I have a session with a trainer to help tweak my form on the lifts while I'm still at low weights.
                    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
                    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
                    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
                    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• 90 min walk with my dogs.

Nice and slow.

Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Comment

• Sept 26 Low Row. 85 lbs for 2 minutes 7 seconds.

Today Low Row. 85 lbs for 3 minutes 19 seconds.

Comment

• Part of a job interview for a personal training position was going through one of their workouts at TIMED EXERCISE (Google them! Kinda like Crossfit, but without olympic lifts, more bodyweight...) I told the guy that was interested in hiring me that I was doing my 50 push-up/20 pull-up challenge, so OF COURSE the first thing he says to me when I walk in the door is... lets see how many pull-ups you can do, little lady! I did 9 (and a half!) dead-hang chin-ups. Woo! I guess the record for a girl there was 10. SO CLOSE! Anyway... So I had to perform this little workout today, haven't felt an INTENSE workout in awhile so this really nailed me. My chest and shoulders are SO SORE! It was HORRIBLE!! ;-)

Complete in 30 mins:
                          200 reverse sit-ups
                          400 jumping jacks
                          100 push-ups
                          100 inverted rows
                          150 air squats
                          + 14-16-12-12-17 Push-Ups

That's a lotta push-ups....

THREE more PT job interviews in the next two days. Awesome!

Comment

• Great job Jess! Keep us posted.

Comment

• 1/2 of a P90X Shoulders and Arms DVD this morning, a 2 mile walk with my dogs, and headed down to do 45 min of yoga. Ohmmmmm

Comment

• 5 75 kg Sandbag Push Jerks, 10 Pull Ups, 20 Squats. 5 rounds in 7:57
                                Sandbag Training For MMA & Combat Sports
                                Sandbag Training Guide on Kindle
                                The Complete Guide To Sandbag Training
                                Brute Force Sandbags
                                www.facebook.com/sandbagfitness
                                http://fitedia.com/ - Health and Fitness eBooks, video, audio and workshops

Comment

Working...
                                X