• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday:
    plyo warmups
    10-8-5 clean and jerks
    15-12-10 super inverted situps
    12 rounds of tabata sprints: 20 seconds on 10 seconds off: squats, push ups, burpees
    2 1/4 mile sprints
    2x10 pull ups
    2x10 thrusters
    1 60 second plank

Comment

• Tabata sprints and then running sprints?! Yikes!

Bike sprints for me today following a night of too much wine, cookie dough and chocolate tasting! ;-) I feel much better!
      On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Still recovering from my ankle injury, so

5x5 bench (100lbs)
        5x5 military press (50lbs)
        5x pullups (sets of 2... I can't do anymore than 2 at a time)
        5x15 chair dips (I did these balancing on my good foot)
        Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Hunting with bow and arrow, 35 mile an hour winds so deer didn't cooperate, froze my arse off, 42 degrees with windchill of 20!
          You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• ooof i did the burpee burnout from bodyrocktv today

i did 44! i'm pleased with that as my goal was 35, my upper body strength sucks but i did not do 1 single girly push up so i'm stoked have you ever done this challenge? what was your score?
            Last edited by misathemeb; 10-24-2010, 11:39 AM.

Comment

• 30 reps, 95 pounds, ground to overhead, 4:49

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                Tabata sprints and then running sprints?! Yikes!
                Well, I mean, if you're already sprinting...

Friday: biking in the sunshine! The cold as you know what sunshine.

Saturday: 3 hour arm balance and inversion workshop. So awesome! We worked on:
                crow and its variations
                side crow and its variations
                flying insect and its variations
                8 point and its variations
                dragon fly (or something...it was basically a figure 4 arm balance)
                headstand
                handstand

Comment

• Bowhunting early am, then had to climb a tree and take the stand and ladder down, packed it out 2 miles, then to the gym for deadlifts, bodyrows, pushups, shoulder press, planks, cable press, then home to drop some trees and lug them uphill (live on the side of a mtn) to the woodpile for processing later, wiped!!
                  You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• Gini, what is a flying insect??? I have totally neglected my gymnastics stuff. Woops! Too exhausted now... Heavy alcohol consumption on the weekends do not equate to a very good Monday workout. ;-)

~2M Bike ride
                    Full-Out Sprint
                    10 Decline Push-Ups
                    Repeat 4x, minimal rest
                    10 Double Box Jumps
                    10 Decline Push-Ups
                    Repeat 2x, minimal rest
                    ~2M Bike ride

Tomorrow... Pull ups???? :-)
                    On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Today's was simple.

Warmup: Three rounds of 10 jumping pull-ups, 10 pushups and 10 tuck jumps.
                      Then 400 yards total of quadruped movement for time. I forgot to stop my timer but it was in the vicinity of 12 minutes, give or take a minute.
                      Then ten precision jumps of about 85% of my maximum broad jump.

Er, yeah, my hips were toasted after the crawling movement.
                      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Got my ass beaten at the physical therapy clinic again for 1 hour, 15 minutes. Today I worked with the trainer, doing the usual torso rotation work with the 4-kg medicine ball and various core and back strengthening stuff. Some balance work, too. Seven minutes walking on treadmill (with 20 seconds of each minute actually releasing my side rail death grip). Bra soaked and legs shaking when I leave out of there. Progressively getting stronger and better in many ways, although I still am unable to walk to my mailbox. It's likely that I'll finally be released from PT by the end of the year, even though the thought scares me.
                        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• 5 weeks ago I did the shoulder press. 60 lbs for 60 seconds. On Monday I did 60 lbs for 73 seconds.

I'm finding it rather amazing that I continue to see gains with a reduction in exercise. I know this routine isn't for everyone. I think however it does suggest that from a time point of view we can get into shape with much time comitment than previously thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                            Gini, what is a flying insect??? I have totally neglected my gymnastics stuff.
                            Flying insect! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_dj3gTAJsY

Originally posted by Vick View Post
                            5 weeks ago I did the shoulder press. 60 lbs for 60 seconds. On Monday I did 60 lbs for 73 seconds.

I'm finding it rather amazing that I continue to see gains with a reduction in exercise. I know this routine isn't for everyone. I think however it does suggest that from a time point of view we can get into shape with much time comitment than previously thought.
                            Vick - great work! I do agree that less is more, however I still find all my various "play/move slowly" time to be integral to my overall mental well being.

Monday:
                            Climbing + 2x3 hangboard pullups. Those tiny grippy things are hard to do pullups on.

Comment

• sunday was rest and so was yesterday. zomg so sore from the burpee burnout

this morning i did level 1 of 30 day shred with 8lb dumbbells...def gonna feel that with all the squatting/lunges tomorrow. i haven't done the shred since maybe july?!

Comment

• Originally posted by gini View Post
                                Flying insect! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_dj3gTAJsY

Vick - great work! I do agree that less is more, however I still find all my various "play/move slowly" time to be integral to my overall mental well being.
                                I agree with you as far as play/move slowly goes. I've been doing my football officiating. As it winds up I may start at swimming again. Walks are good for the blood pressure etc.

I did mean to post, "... with much less time.... "

Comment

Working...
                                X