What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday

Earthquake BP - 115x5x10 (Standard Powerbar strung w/35lb Kettlebells). Like what these are doing for my shoulders & stabilizing muscles. Gonna make a poor man's DIY earthquake bar out of PVC.

BP - to 155x3x10

Incline DB BP - 45's x4x10 w/ 3 count eccentric.

Standing BB Calf Raise - 245x3x15.

Stretching routine.
    Ht: 5'8"
    Wt: 166
    BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• I've just (well, on Monday) started back on one of the the YAYOG smart phone app 10 week programs. So today was day 4, which consisted of the following movements performed in ladders i.e. do one rep followed by resting for the same amount of time as the rep took, then do 2 reps followed by resting the same amount of time the 2 reps took, etc. up to the point where you can't increase the reps anymore then start working back down the ladder:

Side Lunges = 34 (each side)
      One-legged Romanian Deadlifts = 28 (each side)
      Toyotas = 82
      Rusian Twists = 120

If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S View Post
        Earthquake BP - 115x5x10 (Standard Powerbar strung w/35lb Kettlebells). Like what these are doing for my shoulders & stabilizing muscles. Gonna make a poor man's DIY earthquake bar out of PVC.
        Mike. I watched the John Skelton Youtube. I'm also working on my shoulders. This looks very interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by miata View Post
          Mike. I watched the John Skelton Youtube. I'm also working on my shoulders. This looks very interesting.
          Hi, miata. Just 2 weeks doin' light earthquakes 3xweek (with a rigid powerbar) is showing am improvement in shoulder pain. John is a member of my gym in ALBQ, and he serves as our USPA NM State Chairman. We have an official Bamboo Bar at Iron Soul, but I can only make the commute on weekends. I'm gonna build one out of PVC and store it at the commercial gym I train in midweek.

Give it a go with a couple kettlebells and a standard gym bar, and see what ya think.

Mark Bell on the earthquake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BFjjfJE9FE
          Last edited by Michael S; Yesterday, 12:14 PM.

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• Tonight

Comp Skwaat - to 280x5,4,3.

Front Skwaat - 145x4x6.

RDL - 215x4x6.

BB Shrug - to 315x3x12.

Leg Curl - 40x4x10 w/8 count unilateral eccentric. (2 legs up - 1 leg down)

Lower Body Stretches
            Last edited by Michael S; Yesterday, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X