Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
    Why are you doing 5x10? Just curious.
    I usually do 5 x 5 with heavy weights but sometimes I drop the weights a bit and do more reps to get the advantages of that lower weight/higher reps effect. I did, although, want to give my body a good shock with a heavy deadlift in the end. Wednesday will be back to 5 x 5 with heavier weights for me.
    --
    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• Originally posted by Bird Goddess View Post
      Gini, your vacation sounds excellent. I has envy!
      Thanks! We were really lucky with the weather this weekend - not being outside the whole time seemed out of the question. I would like to go back now, please!

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
        Velocity, good job on your Simplefit, great idea subbing in diamond push-ups... I need to do more of them in order to progress to a pretty planche, as far as I know...
        Yeah I'd like to pull off a planche too...

...but yet I can't hold a freakin' frog stand for more than two seconds. Need to work on that.
        Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
        -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
          Squats 280 lbs missed a rep, I officially stalled

Press, 125 lbs
          holy crap, didn't expect this
          SS, right?
          Where's your dl/pc?
          <finger wag> yndtfp
          I've never run ss and probly never will but i read rips q+a for entertainment and a little education.

How do you get something unexpected in a linear progression program?

Comment

• Originally posted by bcbcbc2 View Post
            SS, right?
            Where's your dl/pc?
            <finger wag> yndtfp
            I've never run ss and probly never will but i read rips q+a for entertainment and a little education.

How do you get something unexpected in a linear progression program?
            I did do cleans, but only 3x3 135. I didn't bother listing it because it was pretty shitty.

The unexpected was because I had stalled on the press at 115 lbs for many weeks, and today suddenly it went up to 125.
            .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
            ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

• Joined the gym almost after 20 months of not touching any weights. Was primarily doing some calisthenics, yoga and running all this while. Anyways going back to the gym was rather exhilarating and am looking forward to it...

Started off my first day with Back...

None of the sets were taken to failure

Weighted pullups..

1 x 6 (10p)
              1 x 6 (20p)
              1 x 6 (30p)
              1 x 6 (40p)
              1 x 6 (40p)

Conventional deadlifts from the bottom

1 x 5 (135)
              1 x 5 (225)
              1 x 5 (275)
              1 x 3 (315)
              1 x 3 (315)
              1 x 3 (315)

Dumbell rows

1 x 8 (60p)
              1 x 8 (80p)
              1 x 8 (100p)

Back extensions

Bw x 12 ( 2 sets )

Finished this with some weighted abs.

Comment

• Barefoot walk/hill run at Vasona park.
                Melissa Fritcher - 330/252/150
                http://lessofmimi.wordpress.com
                Trample the weak, hurdle the dead.

Comment

• Started simplefit workout today (thanks cheapo).
                  L5D1. Pullups on rings.
                  24 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                    Lodini, don't feel like a wuss, we are all at our own levels :-)
                    Thanks jessjane! I'm not letting it get me down... you guys are inspirational to my fitness

Did another hour long walk today... wishing I had hills here in Miami!!
                    Starting weight, June 10, 2010: 213 pounds
                    Current weight, October 31, 2010: 177 pounds
                    Goal: Happiness, Health, Hotness

Screw "moderation"!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lodini View Post
                      Did another hour long walk today... wishing I had hills here in Miami!!
                      You and me both. This place is so flat...
                      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Power Snatch 5 x 3
                        Sumo Dead Lift 5 x 3 - New PR today by 45lbs!! Finished with 300lbs

MetCon: 5:00 max rounds
                        Rotational Med Ball Toss 5/5 (16lbs)
                        Single Arm DB Snatch 3/3 (45 lbs)
                        Did 8 rounds

Comment

• Gini, you were in Maine!?!? Aww.. What area? Who do you go with?
                          Velocity, is it a balance issue on the frog stand? I'm sure your strength is there..
                          Noctural, that's not you in your avatar...Is it? ;-P 30 weighted pull-ups??? God damn....
                          Macphee, congrats on your PR :-)

Hmm.. I like the flatness of Florida. Makes for easy, fast biking. ;-) Plus you can see FOREVER! The sky always looks massive. I love it.
                          On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Jess - Yeah! I go up there a lot. My mom has a bed & breakfast in the White Mountains. We were in: Evans Notch/North Conway/White Mountains area, Belgrade Lakes, and Baxter State Park. I was there for 10 days with my man. Last time I was there was Independence Weekend with a boatload of friends. Where were you in Maine?

Velocity - that looks like crow in yoga. I find that what really secured the stand for me was to pop my head out and look forward with my eyes. Fixed my balance, finally.

Comment

• Saturday:
                              1 hour of Krav Maga
                              Multiple sets with a 35-pound kettlebell; 130 snatches, 100 swings

Sunday:
                              Bicycling around Tokyo for three hours.
                              10 laps in a swimming pool.
                              1 hour shiatsu massage to relax and loosen back, hips, legs, neck.

Monday:
                              10 x 100-yard sprints on grass.
                              Last edited by Godzilla; 08-17-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

• SIX (!) minutes walking slowly on the treadmill (and only hung on for dear life to the rails for half of it), with physical therapy assistant babysitting me

try to top that, bitchesez!
                                ~~~
                                "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

Working...
                                X