330 x 6

Bench:
    185 x 10 narrow grip
    185 x 12 medium-narrow grip
    185 x 8 normal grip
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmpte View Post
      Squats tomorrow. Gotta get 330 to break 1000.
      Oh, and video at 11, or depth didn't happen.
      Ht: 5'8"
      Wt: 166
      BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S View Post
        Oh, and video at 11, or depth didn't happen.
        Got it. Not sure which belt I'm going to use for the test. I did a couple of sets today with the new belt and I felt like I couldn't get down as low as I'm used to going. The 4" belt feels totally different, and even though I don't doubt it's the better belt, I'm not sure learning to use a new piece of equipment is smart on a 1RM test.

Comment

I did a couple of sets today with the new belt and I felt like I couldn't get down as low as I'm used to going.
          With enough weight on the bar, I assure you that won't be a problem, friend. Coming back up, is a whole other issue.

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

With enough weight on the bar, I assure you that won't be a problem, friend.
            Well, it felt like the top of the belt was gonna cut me in half..... I just need some practice with it to figure out the proper mechanics.

Comment

• Yeah, give it time. Break that belt by whatever means possible (short of driving over it with your car). Just don't jackup the lever or the stitching. And maybe try a looser setting.

Comment

Yeah, give it time. Break that belt by whatever means possible (short of driving over it with your car). Just don't jackup the lever or the stitching.
                I suppose I could take the lever off to roll it around some.

Comment

I suppose I could take the lever off to roll it around some.
                  There you go. Roll it up inside out and lay BB on it. stuff like that.

Comment

• Deload bench press: 120x5, 140x5, 165x5

assist. ex. Bench press: 120x5x10 (2 sets normal grip, 2 sets close, 1 set wide)
                    inverted rows bwx5x7

Comment

• Squat 1RM Test

BW: 178

Previous 1RM: 275

Warmed up to 1x300, 1x330, 1x345.

Had a small issue on the 330 rep. Coming out of the hole the bar rolled up over my scapula onto my traps. Almost turned into a desperate goodmorning, but I held it together and made it up.

Had that not happened, it would have been easy. So, I went for 345, focused on proper form and made it. Slowed a little on the way up, but I think there was probably a little more in the tank.

https://vimeo.com/173051963

Loving the new belt now. I had it too tight. I had it so it was super tight when standing upright. So when I squatted down, it was unbearably tight. Backing off one notch did the trick. The new belt probably played a role in helping me finish the botched 330 rep without an injury.

I realize I didn't test all three lifts on the same day, but testing each lift separately, my total is 1015lbs.

Comment

I realize I didn't test all three lifts on the same day, but testing each lift separately, my total is 1015lbs.
                        Congratulations man! Welcome 1000lb club. Now we have to find a way to get to 1265...

Comment

• Originally posted by rjwashington421 View Post
                          Congratulations man! Welcome 1000lb club. Now we have to find a way to get to 1265...
                          A 600lb deadlift would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by rjwashington421 View Post
                            Thanks RJ. I honestly don't have a next goal in mind right now. Just gonna lift the best I can and get stronger. The mental pressure of testing my 1RMs this week was unfun. I hate to fail and I get all in my head sometimes. Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post
                              A 600lb deadlift would help.

Sure...i'll get right on that.

Comment

Squat 1RM Test

BW: 178

Previous 1RM: 275

Warmed up to 1x300, 1x330, 1x345.

Had a small issue on the 330 rep. Coming out of the hole the bar rolled up over my scapula onto my traps. Almost turned into a desperate goodmorning, but I held it together and made it up.

Had that not happened, it would have been easy. So, I went for 345, focused on proper form and made it. Slowed a little on the way up, but I think there was probably a little more in the tank.

https://vimeo.com/173051963

Loving the new belt now. I had it too tight. I had it so it was super tight when standing upright. So when I squatted down, it was unbearably tight. Backing off one notch did the trick. The new belt probably played a role in helping me finish the botched 330 rep without an injury.

Very nice job. Now you just gotta do all three in the same session!

Actually, it doesn't really matter unless that's something you're interested in. Using the word "total" does have that connotation though.

Comment

Working...
                                X