No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, if you respect Rippetoe, why are you recommending illegally downloading his material?

Comment

• Workout:

Three sets:
      Weighted pushups (as many as I can with the weight vest)
      Weighted Dips (same)
      Pull ups (max) + superset curls
      Box jumps

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu Reena View Post
        Uh, if you respect Rippetoe, why are you recommending illegally downloading his material?
        I'm not the one hosting it and I'm not responsible for it. I'm just letting him know it's out there.
        .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
        ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

• Cerebelum, the biggest thing I noticed about your squat was that your knees kept tracking over your toes. I'm still working on my squat!

Vick, did you mean attempting a BBS-style workout again? I did realize the one thing I don't like about it is that it doesn't really make me any more POWERFUL... It builds strength, but it doesn't make me much better at say, jump squats (which I really enjoy being able to do.)

Today...

Was planning on lifting some heavy things, but I really didn't feel up to it. But I love the feeling of doing some sort of physical activity in the morning, so I ran up and down my street, took detours through grassy lawns, did walking lunges until I couldn't see from all the sweat running down my face, and then finished it all off with some quick and thrilling hill sprints. FUN!!!

Does anybody else feel like they just need to RUN everywhere now? I often will just start running through shopping centers, parking lots, etc. because walking just feels so... slow. Given, there's a time and a place for walking, but most of the time I find myself sprinting quite frequently. The best part is that I'm never winded afterward. ;-)
          On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• I do find myself finding reasons to sprint
            Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Pulling day today.
              Machine Rows 5X5
              Dumbell rows 2x8
              pulldowns 5x12
              DB curls warm ups then down the rack twice
              cable low pulley curls 4x12

Comment

• Alternating sets of chins and overhead presses, 3 sets of each. One set of max pushups a little later in the day.

Comment

• AMRAP in 30 mins of
                  1 pullup
                  2 pushups
                  3 squats
                  4 kb clean and presses
                  5 kb swings
                  sort of a variation of the simple fit workout

Comment

• 45 minute walk to the park

8 uphill sprints on a very hot and humid day – felt like I was drowning by the end!

45 minute walk back home
                    --
                    Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• AM
                      Ran 12.3 miles @ ~6:58 mile/min

PM
                      Core Work with medicine ball

Comment

• Totally love the PB fitness book, nothing new though, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...I still have a hard time accepting the fact that the LESS exercise I do, the STRONGER I become...No more Bodyrock HIIT workouts at all, which I can't say that I miss. They were always quite exhausting and I didn't feel like I was getting any stronger. I think it's a great starting point for beginners anyway. But now I have... shifted my focus...

Tried to get out there this morning for a lifting routine, but even after bicyling to two different playgrounds, I just couldn't get into it. When I lift heavy things, I get pretty intense and even ANGRY about it, which is much harder to do when the sun is shining and birds are chirping and you just rolled out of bed.

Everything was wet with rain after work, ran up and down the streets barefoot and wild, I get adrenaline rushes like a crazy person sometimes... Does anybody else experience this? Hahaha... In any case... My workout was something like:

15-18 push-ups
                        10 prisoner squats (getting better!!! This was mainly to practice form and give myself a short break)
                        12 shoulder presses
                        10 prisoner squats
                        4 close push-ups
                        10 prisoner squats
                        Repeated 4x, rest 30-60sec between circuits
                        + Mini-Reps (fast and explosive):
                        10 push-ups
                        10 close push-ups
                        10 shoulder presses

My main focus today was operating through a full ROM. My shoulders feel very...worked. ;-)
                        On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Disassembling and sanding the old paint/weathered wood off some old outdoor chairs
                          Subduction leads to orogeny

My blog that I don't update as often as I should: http://primalclimber.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Getting ready to do some deadlifts and hit the elliptical.

Comment

• I am brand new to PBF (day 2), so I did the "Essential 5" Benchmark this morning. Results were a littleless than expected due to muscle-up work yesterday:

push-ups: 65
                              pull up/chin up (no kipping, swinging, chicken-necking, etc....strict): 12 each
                              squat: 75
                              dive-bombers: 20
                              plank: 2:26

I then just had some fun throwing around slam-ball, leaping over stuff, hitting heavy-bag with clubbell, etc.

I am really looking forward to the PBF life-style!

Comment

• 1 hour walk

Leg Lifts (3 x 12)
                                Chin Ups (3 x F)
                                Inverted Rows (3 x F)

Squat (my inner thais were very sore today, almost feeling as if I pulled them, so I decided to go easier on the squats today)
                                5 x 10 (155 lbs)

Bench Press
                                5 x 5 (145) personal best
                                --
                                Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

Working...
                                X