No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chores galore & it felt so good - really got rid of my blues (plus I'm enjoying the aroma of slow-roasting pork tenderloin.)

Comment

• Yesterday was a nice little adventure through the streets of Chicago:
      30 min lawn mowing at home
      40 min bike ride to train station
      40 min ride back from station because bikes were not allowed this weekend (thanks lollapallooza)
      About 3.5-4 hours of walking total through the day
      2.5 hours of standing and rocking out at a late night minus the bear concert.

Safe to say that I am totally wiped today. Rest day as soon as I get back home
      --
      Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• A long walk in the fields and lanes locally, exploring new footpaths.

A sunny day (in UK terms) so hopefully gathered a bit of Vitamin D as well as the few blackberries along the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Velocity View Post
          Okay I'll bite. I tried a search but didn't find much. What are these?
          I actually phrased this wrong. I did Thai Grip Chin Ups

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vszcif6Q7CI
          --

Comment

• Originally posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post

where;s that squat video man
            .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
            ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

• Yesterday my family and I went for an hours brisk walk at the river with inlaws bouncy border collie. Did some skipping as in 'moving forward' skipping without rope with my daughter, and boy did I feel it in my legs afterwards...it helps to have a child with you as you might feel a total prat doing it in public!
              Today Curves gym 30 mins (yes possibly a bit girly and lightweight for you heavy lifters but it works for me) then some rope intensive skipping when I got home. Looked at the kettlebell but will leave that for another day. Not having much luck in reducing massive wad of fat on my belly!

Comment

Ahh, commando pull-ups (that's the name by which I know them).

Today was a rest day. Did a small number of pistols down onto a box though, as well as a max plank hold... two minutes, 40 seconds. Whoo!
                Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
                  where;s that squat video man
                  You got me! I half-assed a video together that I made last week; it shows my squat. I was reluctant to put it up because I know for a fact I have pretty crappy form. I need to actually squat down more than I do now. It will be my project for this week.

Don't mind the crappy editing; I really didn't feel like spending too much time on it so I just threw it all together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCkLjgRUfY
                  --

Comment

You got me! I half-assed a video together that I made last week; it shows my squat. I was reluctant to put it up because I know for a fact I have pretty crappy form. I need to actually squat down more than I do now. It will be my project for this week.

Don't mind the crappy editing; I really didn't feel like spending too much time on it so I just threw it all together!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuCkLjgRUfY
                    Yeah you are way too high. Can you touch your toes by the way?

Look for Mark Rippetoe's videos on youtube on squats, and read starting strength if you haven't already.

Squats are very complicated, it took me 6 months to learn them correctly.

Comment

• 1 hour hike at the lake followed by 1 hour of stand up paddle surfing. great day.

Comment

• Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
                        Yeah you are way too high. Can you touch your toes by the way?

Look for Mark Rippetoe's videos on youtube on squats, and read starting strength if you haven't already.

Squats are very complicated, it took me 6 months to learn them correctly.
                        I am now kicking myself in the ass which I have not been using properly to do squats for not viewing Rippetoe's videos earlier. They are very helpful; he went into great detail explaining each lift. I can't really budget for his book right now but that will go on my wish list. I'm eager to hit the gym today to work on proper stance.
                        --

Comment

• This was my workout today - clearing of a patch of forest:

Average hearbeat was 123, peak was 151. I "worked out" for about 60 minutes. I used a chainsaw to cut down the threes and an axe to de-twig the trees.
                          Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

• Proper form proper form proper form! I can finally say that all my lifts today were in the most proper form that they have been so far I spent the morning watching some Rippetoe videos where he goes into great detail about proper form for each of the big lifts.

12 minute walk to gym

Inverted rows (4 x F)
                            Leg lifts (3 x 12)
                            Squat 5 x 5 (165 lbs)
                            Bench press 5 x 5 (125 - 130 - 130 - 130 - 135)
                            Deadlift 1 x 5 (240 lbs)

12 minute walk back from gym

My body feels very worked after it but it feels so good.
                            --

Comment

I am now kicking myself in the ass which I have not been using properly to do squats for not viewing Rippetoe's videos earlier. They are very helpful; he went into great detail explaining each lift. I can't really budget for his book right now but that will go on my wish list. I'm eager to hit the gym today to work on proper stance.

Comment

• Bench 3x5
                                135 155 175

Squats 5x5
                                135 185 225 255 275

Clean 3x3
                                these sucked

I also biked a couple of miles today.