• Show
Clear All

• What is your workout today?

Medium Day

Squat: 240 x 5 x 3 sets

Bench Close Grip: 185 x 5 x 3 sets

Slingshot CG Bench: 185 x 8, 205 x 4, 185 x 6

SLDL: 225 x 5 x 3 sets

Some silly ass bro stuff (pull-ups press downs, curls)

Building strength slowly over time. Quitters never win, winners never quit! Grind for the numbers you want!

Comment

• Clustered 5/3/1 cycle 20 week 2 Workout B (3/3/3 1xC Press/Dead Lift)

Got a late start and the company gym closes early on Friday.

Programmed exercises (3/3/3):

• Snatch grip dead lift 240x3 275x3 315x3
      • Overhead press 100x3 115x3 130x2/3 (fail) Bunch of 1 rep and 2 rep cluster sets at 115

Other

• Warm-up/recovery squats
      • Chin-ups
      • Arnold Presses
      • Incline dumbbell presses 50x10x6 (ran out of time, so didn't do the standard 10x10)
      Last edited by miata; 02-20-2016, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S View Post
        Skwaat - 5 singles x 300.

Bench - 5 singles x 200 w/pause. 2 CG, 2 WG, 1 MG.

DL - 3 singles x 400.

45 minute shoulder PT session.
        Beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post
          Beast.
          Very beast!
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            Very beast!
            Very, very beast. True inspiration.

Comment

• All of the regulars on this forum train smart (with Rich offering superior guidance, how could you not?). Youz guys will inevitably be crushing weight well into golden years should you choose to, and I sincerely hope that you do.

Meet Barbara Garmon, another testament to longevity and quality of life through movement and strength. From People Magazine (yesterday).

73-Year-Old World Champion Weight Lifter: 'I'm in the Best Shape I've Ever Been in'

Powerlifting! Its whats for breakfast.
              Ht: 5'8"
              Wt: 166
              BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• What is your workout today?

Bench day 3,3,3+
                185, 200, 225 (5pr!)

Then bench 170 for 3 sets of 10

Then: a little conditioning
                5 rounds, for time
                15 KB swings 63lbs
                10 ring dips
                8 chest to bar pull ups
                1 minute rest between rounds.

Rounds 1,2 were easy... 3 got hard and I got crushed on 4,5. Great one!

Last edited by JimmyDamage; 02-20-2016, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• Overhead press: 109x3, 129x3, 144x5

Asst. ex. Overhead press 4x10, 2x9 @ 99

Swapped week 2 for week one this cycle, curious if it will help me recover better.

Comment

• What's up chumps!?!! ;-) ;-) Missed you guys/gals! I deleted the app from my phone when I got pissed off about some of the issues I was having with it. Then life got busy and I just didn't make time to get back on it. But I have missed you all! Don't worry, my absence from here has not meant an absence from jacking steel! Far from it. I pr'd my bench recently with an easy 181.9. DL is still sitting below 400 :-/ at 385. Squat is going well. Banged out 10 at 245 recently. Pretty happy about that. And lost 9lbs. Not too shabby.

Starting today I'm taking a break from my powerlifting team. I'm gonna do my own thing for a while and see how I like it. Kinda scary but that's why I joined back up here cause I know that many of you train alone. I'm just so damn social, I don't know how I'll survive with just me and my music. Anyway... I'm up for the challenge!

Glad to be back....

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                      What's up chumps!?!! ;-) ;-) Missed you guys/gals! I deleted the app from my phone when I got pissed off about some of the issues I was having with it. Then life got busy and I just didn't make time to get back on it. But I have missed you all! Don't worry, my absence from here has not meant an absence from jacking steel! Far from it. I pr'd my bench recently with an easy 181.9. DL is still sitting below 400 :-/ at 385. Squat is going well. Banged out 10 at 245 recently. Pretty happy about that. And lost 9lbs. Not too shabby.

Starting today I'm taking a break from my powerlifting team. I'm gonna do my own thing for a while and see how I like it. Kinda scary but that's why I joined back up here cause I know that many of you train alone. I'm just so damn social, I don't know how I'll survive with just me and my music. Anyway... I'm up for the challenge!

Glad to be back....

Welcome back. I missed your personal updates and valuable feedback.

Comment

• Originally posted by miata View Post
                        Thanks Miata! I'm gonna scroll through and see how everyone's been. Slayin I hope!!

Comment

• Originally posted by miata View Post
                          +1
                          ps: perfect tgu with 14kg last friday first time with this weight, so personal record!
                          Last edited by gergirl; 02-22-2016, 12:51 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                            What's up chumps!?!! ;-) ;-) Missed you guys/gals! I deleted the app from my phone when I got pissed off about some of the issues I was having with it. Then life got busy and I just didn't make time to get back on it. But I have missed you all! Don't worry, my absence from here has not meant an absence from jacking steel! Far from it. I pr'd my bench recently with an easy 181.9. DL is still sitting below 400 :-/ at 385. Squat is going well. Banged out 10 at 245 recently. Pretty happy about that. And lost 9lbs. Not too shabby.

Glad to be back....

Oh wow you're making such good progress! Any reason why the switch? Seems to be working...

Comment

• Squat day, 3-3-3+
                              245,275,300 (3)

Only managed to get 3 but thought I had another 1-2 in the tank. Caught a little stomach bug last week... Still feeling the ill effects. Anyways I'll take it!

Then: squat 195 3 x 10, starting light with these accessory sets but going up 10lbs each week. They will get tough soon no doubt.

Comment

• Squat : 255 x 5, 275 x 5, 295 x 4
                                * I probably could have gotten the last rep but it would have been UGLY!

Bench: 200 x 5 x 4 sets, 185 x 6

Deadlift: 375 x 5

Hey Rich, this cut is starting to effect me some. How could I program squats for the next few weeks? Maybe drop to a top triple, then back off with some fives, 5 x 3 across or ascending triples? On my bulk the most I hit was 5 singles at 300 so 295 for 4 is improving while on a deficit.

Building strength slowly over time. Quitters never win, winners never quit! Grind for the numbers you want!

Comment

Working...
                                X