No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's another one for today... since my ride fell through, I had to walk up to a church ~1.4 miles from my house in order to pick up my 'full share' trial of a buying co-op. (Verdict: I don't think I'll be taking part in it full-time. Pickups are every two weeks but what I got probably won't last me one week.)

Which meant I had to carry it back, too. I don't know how much it weighs, but easily between 20-30 pounds. Oh yeah, and it's in the mid-90s outside today. x_x

Originally posted by Clint View Post
    Good job!

I just finished L1D3 as well. 1:33

I think I'm going to jump to level 3 next week.
    Yeah, my pull-ups are my weak point. I think my max is only around six, and that's with a steady bar/set of handles from which to pull. -_-
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Originally posted by Velocity View Post
      Here's another one for today... since my ride fell through, I had to walk up to a church ~1.4 miles from my house in order to pick up my 'full share' trial of a buying co-op. (Verdict: I don't think I'll be taking part in it full-time. Pickups are every two weeks but what I got probably won't last me one week.)

Which meant I had to carry it back, too. I don't know how much it weighs, but easily between 20-30 pounds. Oh yeah, and it's in the mid-90s outside today. x_x

Yeah, my pull-ups are my weak point. I think my max is only around six, and that's with a steady bar/set of handles from which to pull. -_-
      Pull-ups were always hard for me too. I've gotten way better, but my max is only about 13-15. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with that number, but I know people that can knock out close to 30 in one set. Manimals!!

Just keep working at it. You'd be amazed at how quickly your pull-up strength/endurance will come up with dedicated practice.

Comment

• I did a full body weight workout and it felt great. I went up in lbs on all my exercises except 1. I am getting stronger. Yay.

I bought this pullup bar and it awsome. Especially for someone like me, who can't do a pullup yet. There are so many different ways to use this that I am sure it won't be long until I can do one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

Comment

• Originally posted by Roberta View Post
          I did a full body weight workout and it felt great. I went up in lbs on all my exercises except 1. I am getting stronger. Yay.

I bought this pullup bar and it awsome. Especially for someone like me, who can't do a pullup yet. There are so many different ways to use this that I am sure it won't be long until I can do one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product
          I saw that in a few stores but I wasn't sure if it was worth getting. Let me know how it works out for you
          Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• Gym day, so it was seated row, chest press, lat pulldown, leg press, side planks, and lower back exercise.
            Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
            Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
            Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
            Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

Comment

• I just found a big hill by my house, I'm going to climb up that today.
              Ken Wyser
              The Ultimate Climber

Comment

• Hmm.... Vick, maybe there is some truth to that 7-day rest period. After going to failure earlier this week, I was significantly weaker... Regardless, I did some slow movements on the bars, flipping around, doing rows, super slow chins.

And then... a 3 MINUTE PLANK! I was shocked! I couldn't get past 2:30 minutes for the LONGEST time. All this bar fun is paying off, I am getting much much stronger. ;-)

+ 2 hour walking with the dog :-)

Now... steak... chicken breast... bacon... eggs... or chicken wings... Decisions, decisions...
                On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                  And then... a 3 MINUTE PLANK! I was shocked! I couldn't get past 2:30 minutes for the LONGEST time. All this bar fun is paying off, I am getting much much stronger. ;-)
                  Bravo... I wonder what my max plank time is... hmm... might have to have a go at that later.
                  Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                  -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Squats 5x5
                    Nailed it, almost KILLED me though.

Bench 3x5
                    Missed a rep

Deadlift 3x1
                    squats had taken their toll on me already..
                    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

• @jess
                      chicken wings and beer. Have one on me!

Comment

• 1 mi uphill run x 3

Comment

• Four rounds of...

12 pushups
                          24 squats
                          20 burpees
                          250-300 meter run (first two were closer to 300, second two were more like 250)

-- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Yesterday:

1 hour bike ride around the neighborhood (AM)

Lifting warm up: 5 rounds: inverted rows (x 10), leg lifts (x 12), half-burpee (x 10)
                            Standing military press: 5 x 5 (115 lbs)
                            Squats 5 x 5 (175 185 195 200 210)
                            Bench press 5 x 5 (145 145 145 140 140)

Today:

Bike ride: 1 hr 20 min
                            --
                            Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• I have a 3 hour gig tonight. moving gear is about it.....lol.
                              I'll make up for it tomorrow.

Comment

• Today , I did 10 hills in 10 mins! This was a huge step up, somehow.
                                I decided to try with minimal rest. (30 seconds) I also came down the hill quicker than usual
                                It felt good. Maybe the last 2 hills I was still of breath by the time I resumed.
                                Did 1 bear crawl and left at the 17 min mark !

11 seconds to run up
                                19 seconds to get down. (which is work...)
                                30 seconds of rest
                                Started at the minute mark.
                                This was compact and intense.

Before, I was waiting b/w 1 to 2 mins b/w sets sometimes.
                                This was a huge step up, no idea where it came from.

Comment

Working...
                                X