Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yesterday: Skwaatz

    Warmed up to 300x2,x3. Found a spotter for the 2nd set. *Note to self: Tell random spotters not to make body contact unless requested.

    2 Sec Paused - 245x2x5

    Today: Upper

    Speed BP 90 Sec Rest - 185x2x3

    Seated Overhead Press to To of Head - 105x3x5

    Close Grip BP - 170x5x2

    Pendlay Rows - 135x2x6

    Long Bar Rows - 125+Bar x3x10
    Age: 70
    Ht: 5'8"
    Wt: 166
    BF: 9%

    Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Michael S View Post
      Yesterday: Skwaatz

      Warmed up to 300x2,x3. Found a spotter for the 2nd set. *Note to self: Tell random spotters not to make body contact unless requested.

      2 Sec Paused - 245x2x5

      Today: Upper

      Speed BP 90 Sec Rest - 185x2x3

      Seated Overhead Press to To of Head - 105x3x5

      Close Grip BP - 170x5x2

      Pendlay Rows - 135x2x6

      Long Bar Rows - 125+Bar x3x10
      Spotters = jackasses


      Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

      Comment


      • 8/26:
        Squat: 310 x 10
        2-count paused squat: 310 x 3 x 2

        Press: 175 x 2 (PR), 165 x 3 x 2, 145 x 7, 137.5 x 8

        Deadlift: 455 x 2, 335 x 5 as fast as possible. Managed to DOH-grip all 5 @ 335.
        The Champagne of Beards

        Comment


        • can anyone suggest some good rigorous Kettle Bell routine, haven't been able to find a good one

          Comment


          • Yesterday I did the BP/PU supersets again.

            Pull ups: 3x8, 7x6

            BP: 2x10@135, 1x5@185

            @225
            3x3, 1x4, 2x3

            2x9@185

            Did three sets of dips and DB curls afterward.

            BP was stronger this week than last. I actually pushed it four times on the 4th set and did six sets at that weight rather than five.

            I was a little worried because I'm running on a 1400 calorie budget right now trying to cut down to 165. I did a few sets of dips and pullups Tuesday at home and bonked...HARD. I just fell flat. But yesterday I felt great. Only spent about 45 minutes total in the gym.

            Comment


            • What is your workout today?

              Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              8/26:
              Squat: 310 x 10
              2-count paused squat: 310 x 3 x 2

              Press: 175 x 2 (PR), 165 x 3 x 2, 145 x 7, 137.5 x 8

              Deadlift: 455 x 2, 335 x 5 as fast as possible. Managed to DOH-grip all 5 @ 335.
              Dang, strong work sir. I've got to get my legs up to par. I'm not terribly out of proportion (chicken legs) or anything like that. But my upper body numbers are definitely way stronger than my lower body numbers. Pretty sad that I can bench more than I can squat.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jasmpte View Post
                Dang, strong work sir. I've got to get my legs up to par. I'm not terribly out of proportion (chicken legs) or anything like that. But my upper body numbers are definitely way stronger than my lower body numbers. Pretty sad that I can bench more than I can squat.
                I'm sure that situation will correct itself if you keep at it. My bench press is mediocre at best, while my deadlifts and squats are decent for my size. However, I actually look somewhat like I "even lift, bro" from the waist up and not so much from the waist down. I have been called "skinny legs" on more than 1 occasion.

                Might not hurt to post a video of your squats and a description of your programming to see if there's something out of whack that we can help you to correct.
                The Champagne of Beards

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  I'm sure that situation will correct itself if you keep at it. My bench press is mediocre at best, while my deadlifts and squats are decent for my size. However, I actually look somewhat like I "even lift, bro" from the waist up and not so much from the waist down. I have been called "skinny legs" on more than 1 occasion.

                  Might not hurt to post a video of your squats and a description of your programming to see if there's something out of whack that we can help you to correct.
                  I am going to try to get a video of my squats. I'm usually alone in the gym so it's tough to get a decent video of myself. But I'm gonna try Saturday. Just watching it myself may give me some clues. But I definitely want feedback from you guys that are actually good at them.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                    Spotters = jackasses
                    In this instance, I hit-up a total stranger. The gym (Spa) was near empty. He was the only likely candidate; a bodybuilder with pretty good development. He totally 'stabilized' the first rep, backed away on the 2nd after I grunted "NO!", and didn't interfere with the 3rd rep at all. Maybe he was being overconscientious due to my age and the load, or maybe that's how the Bro's spot each other.

                    Either way, my fault, really, for assuming that he knew the drill.

                    I'm experiencing a little discomfort at L5-S1, presenting on the left side of my spinal column. Woke up with it about 4 days ago after a rest day. I'm pretty sure it's a mattress issue. Saw my chiro this morning and the adjustment seems to be working. Today is a scheduled rest day, but I'm gonna make the hour commute to powerlifting gym and get on the reverse hyper.
                    Age: 70
                    Ht: 5'8"
                    Wt: 166
                    BF: 9%

                    Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

                    Comment


                    • owwww wut? i woke up with numb toes and then my butt & back of legs are kind of numb today. inflammation on the sciatic nerve, maybe? how on earth did i manage that from pilates?!
                      Depression Lies

                      Comment


                      • Did a "lightish" workout. Been doing lots of manual labor round the house. Just put pool in so lots of digging, back filling, work with pick ax, lift and carry, wheelbarrow, ect... Like MichaelS had to visit my buddy Chiropractor for an adjustment with all of that. So first gym workout in about a week:

                        DB Rows: 60'sx10, 70'sx10, 80'sx10
                        Bench: 135x10, 145x10, 155x10
                        Chins: BWx10 for 3sets
                        Cable Crossover: Whatever that plate wasx10 for 3 sets
                        DB Curls: 3x30'sx10
                        Tri PressDowns: Whaterver for 3x10

                        Good "pumpin" workout. Oh the last set was still pushed to within a rep or two of fail on all, so still hit a decent intensity. See we had some sauna talk a couple pages back. Been planning that out for my next home improvement. Might do it this fall. Been using them since junior high as a wrestler. Love them! First time seriously considering getting one at the house though. I like the real deal ones with hot coals rather than IR though.

                        Comment


                        • Went to the gym tonight to help the wife start lifting heavy things. Had her video a couple of sets of squats for me. Light weight, only 135lbs and two different angles. Form looks pretty good to me. Guess I just need to get stronger. What do you guys think?

                          https://vimeo.com/137551389

                          https://vimeo.com/137551447

                          Comment


                          • You could use some weightlifting shoes. Stay tight rather than relaxing at the bottom. And don't stop! Stretch reflex is your friend.
                            The Champagne of Beards

                            Comment


                            • Yeah, I only pause on the really light sets. I did a set of 205 after these and my wife said they looked the same, minus the pause. I've seen you guys talking about the special shoes. I'll look into it. Thanks for the feedback.

                              Comment


                              • Weightlifting shoes really do make a difference. It's especially noticeable when switching from tennis shoes with a cushioned sole. My Rogue Do-Wins are one of the best investments I've made for lifting.
                                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

                                This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X