No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting simplefit b/c I'll be on the road most of the next month.

L1, D1, did it with my kiddos.

20m AMRAP of 1 pull-up, 2 push-ups, 3 squats.

Did 28 rounds of inverted rows under a table (b/c I can't do real pullups and have nothing else to work with at home), real push-ups, & no real fatigue on the squats. I'm pretty darn proud of doing 56 real push-ups with what amounts to a 50lb weight on my "glutes." If I was at my normal weight, I'd be Gaston.
    5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
    Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
    Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
    ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      + some curls. So pump. Much gainzz.
      Dont lie Rich. This is the secret to your massive dead-lift and squat numbers. No one can get jacked just from doing heavy compound movements. Curls for the Girls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urja View Post
        Question: if a woman can pass all the rigorous mental and physical stuff (which I agree is a big if and I am firmly against such standards being relaxed), would you still have a problem with them being on a sub?

Just curious to hear your opinions on this...
        From a purely medical perspective (which was my job on the boat).... yes. The medical capabilities on a sub are minimal, and by most hospital standards primitive. No xray, or untrasound, very little surgical capability, very limited laboratory testing. It is hard enough dealing with the medical problems of men, but women add a whole new world of potential "problems" and with a very limited supply of medicines... No thanks!

Comment

• I have came cross 3 Ayurveda ways to reduce weight, can anyone following this and have seen the results? though it is Ayurveda it has no side effects and it is easy and economical.
          It is like one Ayurveda drink before going to bed and after waking up in the morning and conscious breathing exercise wherever and whenever we have 5 minutes. The site is What is Body Mass Index Calculator - What is BMI Calculator
          Please let me know if anybody has tried out or anybody is trying it and seeing the results.
          I want to lose my weight in 8 to 16 weeks without any side effects.

Thanks

Comment

• I'm going to hit the gym tonight, which I usually don't do during the week, but I'm feeling especially spry this week.

Plan:
            BP - 2x10@135, 1x5@185, 5x4@225, 2xfailure@185
            Neutral grip pull-ups, 10xfailure(usually starts around 10 and dwindles to around 6 or 7 by the end)

I'll alternate between these two exercises for back-to-back sets until all are completed with as little rest as possible. I did this last Saturday but with squats instead of the pull-ups. Boy was I sucking air....there was definitely more "rest" between sets in the later rounds.

After the 10 rounds I'll likely do some dips and some hammer-curls, just because I love 'em.

Comment

• Bench press: 145x5, 165x3, 185x5
              Assist ex. Bench press 3x10@135, paused bench (3 count pause) 2x6

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by jasmpte View Post
                I'm going to hit the gym tonight, which I usually don't do during the week, but I'm feeling especially spry this week.

Plan:
                BP - 2x10@135, 1x5@185, 5x4@225, 2xfailure@185
                Neutral grip pull-ups, 10xfailure(usually starts around 10 and dwindles to around 6 or 7 by the end)

I'll alternate between these two exercises for back-to-back sets until all are completed with as little rest as possible. I did this last Saturday but with squats instead of the pull-ups. Boy was I sucking air....there was definitely more "rest" between sets in the later rounds.

After the 10 rounds I'll likely do some dips and some hammer-curls, just because I love 'em.
                Those are some solid numbers on bench paired with that many pull ups. When I super set bench/pull ups it's tough for me to go over 60/70% on bench. How much do you weigh?

Comment

• 173 today. Also, this is a "plan". Lol. We'll see if I can actually pull it off. I hit those numbers on bench Saturday whilst hitting squats between sets.

Comment

173 today. Also, this is a "plan". Lol. We'll see if I can actually pull it off. I hit those numbers on bench Saturday whilst hitting squats between sets.
                    We are about the same weight. My bench goes to shit with that many pull ups. It's an absolutely great workout if you can get through it.

Comment

• Great, now you're making me doubt that I can do it. j/k I'll give it my best shot and report back.

Comment

Great, now you're making me doubt that I can do it. j/k I'll give it my best shot and report back.
                        You got it brahhhh

Comment

• Squat: 3x5 @ 82.5
                          Bench: 3x5 @ 67.5
                          Rows: 3x5 @ 57
                          RDL: 3x5 @ 65
                          Front squat: 5x3 @ 50

Comment

• What is your workout today?

Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post
                            You got it brahhhh

Ok, well not quite. I decided to adjust down a little this first go round. I'd rather have successful, but still challenging lifts, than several failed attempts at weights too heavy.

So, here's what I got....

BP: 2x10@135, 1x5@185, 5x3@225, 2x9@185
                            PUps: 3x8, 4x6, 3x5

Total time spent: 31 minutes

While I didn't have any failed reps on the bench, I definitely would have if I'd have gone for 4s on the 225.

Mind you, this was all done on an 18 hour fast too.

After the 10 supersets I did 3x9 deep dips and 3x8@30lb dumbbell hammer curls.
                            Last edited by jasmpte; 08-19-2015, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Ok, well not quite. I decided to adjust down a little this first go round. I'd rather have successful, but still challenging lifts, than several failed attempts at weights too heavy.

So, here's what I got....

BP: 2x10@135, 1x5@185, 5x3@225, 2x9@185
                              PUps: 3x8, 4x6, 3x5

Total time spent: 31 minutes

While I didn't have any failed reps on the bench, I definitely would have if I'd have gone for 4s on the 225.

Mind you, this was all done on an 18 hour fast too.

After the 10 supersets I did 3x9 deep dips and 3x8@30lb dumbbell hammer curls.
                              Solid work dude. Not many people on the planet can accomplish those two movements together. I'll give this a crack Friday and let you know what I get. My bench will be about 10-20lbs lighter I can tell you that!

Comment

• I guess I've "greased the groove" for this superset because I usually workout at home on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I circuit 5 or 6 exercises and pull ups and either weighted dips or incline(feet elevated) pushups are always in the mix. Sometimes I even have my 6yo daughter sit on my shoulders for the pushups. Guess maybe I should consider a weight vest. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X