What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
    @Velocity, what are your intentions with SimpleFit?
    Balance between front and back strength, I'm hoping, but at the same time I'm just looking for a change-up from what I've done the past month and a half. Want to try something new.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Push presses, Burpees , Roman Twists and some other ab work.

Comment

• Today was physical therapy for a full hour. This PT guy works me WAY harder than my rehab-oriented trainer does.

As always, we are working on stretching my R hip extensor and core strengthening. My planks were noticeably stronger than even just last week.

Two major breakthroughs today:
        1. I walked for 5 minutes on the treadmill all by myself (first time in 2 years). And this was at the end of a grueling hour! I was shaking with fatigue and barely made it out to my car.
        2. Also for the first time, Chris had my back in extension (backbend over exercise ball). That one really killed me, after having rods in from T10-L3 for 2 years, even though we went eeeeasy does it. By the time I got home, I could barely move. It's rare that I have to break into the Aleve AND ice these days, but I did today. Stayed in bed for hours with covers pulled over my head. I am up and moving about now, but am tender as hell. (But pleased with myself.)
        Last edited by TigerLily; 07-29-2010, 11:40 PM.
        "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Comment

• 3x5 barbell squat
          3x5 barbell benchpress
          3x5 barbell rows
          (All 5 RM)

I might even throw in a few pullups for fun

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerLily View Post
            Today was physical therapy for a full hour. This PT guy works me WAY harder than my rehab-oriented trainer does.

As always, we are working on stretching my R hip extensor and core strengthening. My planks were noticeably stronger than even just last week.

Two major breakthroughs today:
            1. I walked for 5 minutes on the treadmill all by myself (first time in 2 years). And this was at the end of a grueling hour! I was shaking with fatigue and barely made it out to my car.
            2. Also for the first time, Chris had my back in extension (backbend over exercise ball). That one really killed me, after having rods in from T10-L3 for 2 years, even though we went eeeeasy does it. By the time I got home, I could barely move. It's rare that I have to break into the Aleve AND ice these days, but I did today. Stayed in bed for hours with covers pulled over my head. I am up and moving about now, but am tender as hell. (But pleased with myself.)
            Good work! Keep it up :-)

Comment

• 50 kb swings
              50 pushups
              60 kb clean and jerks (30 ez arm)
              50 situps

Comment

• yesterday:leg work
                pilates side kick series
                clockwork lunges
                abduction/adduction, hamstring/quads, calf raises
                plie squats

today:
                pushup challenge
                handstands
                working on frog stand
                Calm the f**k down.

Comment

• sprint.. sprint.. sprint..
                  Navy SEAL Workout
                  Top Fat Loss Trainer
                  Advanced Fat Loss

Comment

• Friday: bike & climb.

Comment

• Yesturday, hike with some hill sprints......later today deadlifts. 5x5 and a couple singles
                      Last edited by Don; 07-30-2010, 09:24 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
                        Rivvin:

Yeah I'm gaining weight. I'm bulking all the way through next Spring.

Today:

Pull ups 3x5
                        Squats 5x5 135 185 205 245 265 but missed a rep

Press 3x5
                        95 105 115 missed 2 reps
                        fuck this

Dips 3x8

Calf raises 3x8
                        I had a really crappy bench pressing day on wednesday too; it really sucks! I'll be going back to the weight room later today to kick that barbell's ass.
                        Keep on trucking!
                        --
                        Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• Semi-rest day: pilates ab series. Will walk this evening.

Comment

• 150 Double Unders, 30 Kettlebell Swings (max load), 30 Goblet Squats, 150 Double Unders.

Comment

• Simplefit L1D3 but I'm royally pissed off. My JGS2 no longer holds in place on one strap (starting to become both of them). So much for longevity. I might just end up making something on my own. Going to have to find something else in the meantime... *shrugs*

The lack of clamp grip in that thing showed while doing my pull-ups, so I couldn't get an accurate timing. But I got 5-1-1-3 on pull-ups (final three were done on a branch twice the thickness of my JGS handles), and the 21 pushups/squats were done without pause. All combined, I'm fairly sure I got done in five minutes.
                              Last edited by Velocity; 07-30-2010, 12:38 PM.
                              Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                              -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Good job!

I just finished L1D3 as well. 1:33

I think I'm going to jump to level 3 next week.

Comment

Working...
                                X