What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I'm "fat" in the legs & glutes. And apparently also strong, but I don't know if I'm any stronger there than elsewhere. Sumo makes a lot of physiological sense, so much so that it makes me wonder why it wasn't the standard first, which makes me then wonder if there's not something I'm missing! I found this on a lifting site: "We all know that if you have long arms and a short torso, you should pull conventional." I have a short torso - very little space between my ribs and pelvis - if that means anything.

I've only been in CA once in my life, many moons ago, but am going there in a few weeks. !
    Sumo trades weight on the bar (maybe) for ROM. And duplicates the musculature used in the squat even more than conventional. Conventional deserves to be the default, in my humble opinion.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• 6.24 miles in 36:18 on my bike. That's about my average pace, so really not bad considering I haven't been bicycling this summer! My shoulders are sore, but they don't feel injured-bad, so I think that was a good workout. I focused on keeping them back so the pressure of leaning a bit on the handlebars was more even distributed into my upper back. My right wrist is sore, but again, doesn't feel bad.

Healing from tendonitis and losing a lot of wrist strength is slow work, guys.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
        Sumo trades weight on the bar (maybe) for ROM. And duplicates the musculature used in the squat even more than conventional. Conventional deserves to be the default, in my humble opinion.
        "Humble" opinion? ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• What is your workout today?

Finishing up my intro week of smolov squat and smolov jr for bench.

Squats done earlier this week, only thing programmed are lunges.

Finished up the last two days of bench.
          8x4 @185 (last rep each set paused)
          10x3 @200 (last rep each set paused)

The last few sets got a little difficult but overall had no problem. Going out of town for the weekend and won't be back until Monday late. The base mesocycle of smolov will start Tuesday. Got four tough days ahead of me but my legs are already missing a heavy bar!

Last edited by JimmyDamage; 08-05-2015, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Already posted in the PR's thread, since I had 2 tonight.

Squat: 370 x 6 (!)
            Dips: +135 x 4 (!), 4,4, +90 x 9
            Deadlift with shoes and hook grip: 405 x 6 (well, 5+1, took about 2 breaths too many between reps 5 and 6 to call this a true set)
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Already posted in the PR's thread, since I had 2 tonight.

Squat: 370 x 6 (!)
              Dips: +135 x 4 (!), 4,4, +90 x 9
              Deadlift with shoes and hook grip: 405 x 6 (well, 5+1, took about 2 breaths too many between reps 5 and 6 to call this a true set)
              Congratulations, Rich. And dat DL (non-PR) !&%#*&! after heavy skwaat & dip PRs.

Yesterday (Wed)

Light bench & back sessions. Flat bench to 5x3x185 - Loaded pullups & Pendlays.

Today: More Restoration

30 minutes stationary bike

2 - 20 minute sauna sessions w/10 minute cooling interval

Tomorrow marks my first session with a new coach. Time to get after it.
              Ht: 5'8"
              Wt: 166
              BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• Squats 185x5, 215x5, 240x7, 135x10

Comment

• Power Clean 75x5x5
                  Front Squat 75x5x10
                  Jerk 75x5x5
                  Pull-ups (way modified) 20x5

I hate hate hate hate hate front squats. Must mean I'm doing them wrong.
                  5'4" 39yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
                  Current Weight: 175lb__________________________________Goal: 135lb
                  Deadlift: 240lb________________________________________Back Squat: 165lb
                  Bench: 130lb__________________________________________Pre ss: 85lb
                  ***Winning a 20-year war against binge eating disorder***

Comment

Power Clean 75x5x5
                    Front Squat 75x5x10
                    Jerk 75x5x5
                    Pull-ups (way modified) 20x5

I hate hate hate hate hate front squats. Must mean I'm doing them wrong.
                    I know I front squat correctly, and I hate hate HATE them. So much so that I pick all kinds of other miserable accessory squat work just to avoid doing them. Ugh.

Comment

• I'm not sure whether to be encouraged ("Maybe I'm doing them right, then!") or discouraged ("So they'll always be horrible?!").

Comment

I'm not sure whether to be encouraged ("Maybe I'm doing them right, then!") or discouraged ("So they'll always be horrible?!").
                        I dunno. I know tons of people who seem to like front squats, and say they'd rather do those than back squat. I don't get it. I hate 'em.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                          I dunno. I know tons of people who seem to like front squats, and say they'd rather do those than back squat. I don't get it. I hate 'em.
                          I hate them because it's such work for me to keep my elbows up. Lack of mobility. But I do like the pump after! ;-)

Comment

• 5/3/1 cycle 14 week 1 Workout B (5/3/1 Press/Dead Lift)

Continuing to reduce volume on assistance work.

5/3/1 programmed exercises (5/3/1):

Overhead press 95x5 105x5 120x2 (fail) BBB': 95x10x3 (instead of 5 sets)
                            Dead lift 235x3 270x3 310x3 (fail) (no BBB)

Other

Warm-up/recovery squats 180x5x3
                            SLDLs/RDLs 185x10, 225x10
                            3 sets of 30x15 Arnold presses between dead lifts
                            Chin-ups
                            Dumbbell incline press drop-set super-sets (60x10, 35x10, 25x10)x3

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                              I hate them because it's such work for me to keep my elbows up. Lack of mobility. But I do like the pump after! ;-)
                              I hate them because they're inherently awful and severely unpleasant. Isn't that reason enough?
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I mean, that's how I look at it.

Comment

Working...
                                X