What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cerebelumsdayoff View Post
    You're getting some huge bold numbers there! That's awesome!
    And a huge belly to go with it. Thanks.
    .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
    ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

• Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
      And a huge belly to go with it. Thanks.
      Is that a joke or are you seriously getting a belly? That seems... sucky... if you are?

Anyways, tonight was metcon:
      As Many Rounds As Possible for 20 minutes:
      1 pull up
      2 push ups
      3 sit ups
      4 squats
      5 box jumps
      I got 33 rounds which I am kind of disappointed in because I really did not expect to get as gassed as I did around the 16th minute. I mean, it comes out to
      33 pullups
      66 pushups
      99 situps
      132 squats
      165 box jumps
      but I feel like I should have been able to hit 40 rounds even. Oh well.

Comment

• @Velocity... Where do you do your levers? I found that holding onto a very narrow bench works well for me, especially since I have wrist issues (which will probably never go away, knowing me..) I'll go into that "crane" position, then slowly tip my head forward. I'm working on extending my legs (is that a full lever?) But man, the combination of balancing and using all your arm strength to keep you in that inverted position is a CHALLENGE! Even when I slide back down, I try to hold my legs extended in front of me, kind of resting them on my upper thighs. Like an l-sit with my hands placed in front of my crotch. Does that make sense?

Your back bridges are similiar to the steps shown in Convict Conditioning. I can do a full back bridge, but I haven't been able to "crawl" down anything yet. Never really tried actually, my back is fragile. ;-) Have you ever looked into CC? I think it's awesome you are focusing on your weak areas, like your balance on your right side. It really is important to pinpoint those issues, especially when dealing with bodyweight movements, I have learned...

@Mainer, you're the second person to say that, although I've never thought of it myself. ;-) I think a lot of people's lack of energy is mental. Unless I get poor sleep or if I'm really stressed out, I can usually muster the energy to do whatever the hell I want. I actually told the post man, I was like, good nutrition man, when your diet is dialed in, you just get this insane energy!! It's really true. Shit, and I was fasting. Plus the right music REALLY gets me going. I usually use the same songs to drive me, so just when that intro starts it's like my body recognizes that cue and prepares itself for work, I get that adrenaline rush. But ..just feeding your body all the good nutrients and not weighing it down with all the crap.. I think it can turn anybody into a wild animal! ;-) And kayaking... Lucky man... I've never been! I can't wait to go mountain biking back in Florida with the old man again. He misses it, too. :-)
        On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Tuesday: Bike
          Wednesday: 60 minutes of astanga yoga

Comment

• convict conditioning (handstand pushups, hanging leg raises) and shovelglove.
            I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
              @Velocity... Where do you do your levers? I found that holding onto a very narrow bench works well for me, especially since I have wrist issues (which will probably never go away, knowing me..) I'll go into that "crane" position, then slowly tip my head forward. I'm working on extending my legs (is that a full lever?) But man, the combination of balancing and using all your arm strength to keep you in that inverted position is a CHALLENGE! Even when I slide back down, I try to hold my legs extended in front of me, kind of resting them on my upper thighs. Like an l-sit with my hands placed in front of my crotch. Does that make sense?

Your back bridges are similiar to the steps shown in Convict Conditioning. I can do a full back bridge, but I haven't been able to "crawl" down anything yet. Never really tried actually, my back is fragile. ;-) Have you ever looked into CC? I think it's awesome you are focusing on your weak areas, like your balance on your right side. It really is important to pinpoint those issues, especially when dealing with bodyweight movements, I have learned...
              Right now my elbow levers I'm practicing on the floor. I too have some wrist flexibility issues but I think part of that is the copious amount of time I've spent over the years in front of a computer and/or holding a video game controller. So, almost as part of the lever training I'm also strengthening my wrists (hopefully). But when I practice them, I follow the tutorial given on BeastSkills.com. And yes, full leg extension is a full lever.

I've looked into Convict Conditioning. Right now though it's not in the finances. I have other material already (including Building the Gymnastic Body by Sommer) and I'm working off of that for the time being.
              Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
              -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Rivvin:

Yeah I'm gaining weight. I'm bulking all the way through next Spring.

Today:

Pull ups 3x5
                Squats 5x5 135 185 205 245 265 but missed a rep

Press 3x5
                95 105 115 missed 2 reps
                fuck this

Dips 3x8

Calf raises 3x8
                .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

• AM
                  Ran 11.6 miles @ avg 7:20 miles/min

PM
                  Some core work

Comment

• stronglifts today. Squats 5x, overhead press5x, pull ups 3x, deadlift 1x, prone bridges 3x30 seconds.

I'll sleep like a baby.

Tomorrow... softball playoffs! Hopefully I can hit the ball far enough that I can sprint around the bases for my sprint workout!

Comment

• Today was SimpleFit L1D2. Completed it in 4:27.29.

Then did 100 burpees in 10x10 form. Did 10 reps, then rested for the same amount of time it took me to do those ten. Completed in 14:01.83. It's been a little while since I last did significant number of burpees...
                      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Machine Rows
                        Dumbell Rows
                        Low Pulley Rows
                        Pulldowns
                        A few sets of Curls

Comment

• Thursday:

Warm up: agility work on the speed ladder

Workout:
                          3x8-5-4: clean and jerks
                          2x6 burpee squat jumps (you jump forward and land softly at the end of each burpee)
                          2x15: rows on the bosu ball
                          2x15: squat jumps
                          2x15-8 benchpress
                          2x10 step ups with weights
                          weighted walking lunges
                          2x10 bosu pushups
                          2x8 plank ups
                          1/4 mile sprint

Comment

• Yesterday:
                            This workout
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...orkout-program!

Yard work for my neighbor tilling his yard (exercise plus I get paid!)
                            Giving the cat a bath (trust me this is a workout)

Today:
                            Possibly more yardwork
                            Pole-dancing lessons!

My poor legs are covered in bruises though...

Comment

• 1) Handstand practice -- About 10-15 minutes' worth of practice. I didn't have a hold longer than one minute, since virtually all were in the 30-45 second range, but I did six or seven holds. I even had a hold where I kicked into a freestanding position and it held for a few short seconds (3-5). But it was more like a ball coming to rest on a hill. It'll stop and hang out for just a moment, but you know it's going to come right back down pretty quickly.
                              2a) Back lever practice -- Another ten minutes or so of practice. Five holds, I think (maybe six), and most were in the 20-30 second range. I'm still in the step where I'm facing the ground with knees full tuck and back not straight, but my shoulders and traps were feeling it from having practiced handstands so that's probably why I was a bit weaker on these. Still, good progress I think. I'm hoping to progress to a straight-backed full tuck soon.
                              2b) Fingertip wall pushups -- I'm starting to work on finger tendon strength. This, along with wrist strength, have been areas that weighed on my mind for a while now. So, I figure why not start now! I did three sets of 10, and my feet were... oh, around 18 inches from the wall. Start out nice and easy.

3) L-sit practice -- Three or four holds, in the 25-30 second range. My legs are still at a large angle though. Grr.

4) Shuttle sprints -- Six sprints of about 50 yards, 25 down and back. I've never been particularly fast or quick; my best time was about 8.75 seconds. I think the week off from sprints due to my toe injury set me back a little bit, too.

-- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• @Velocity, what are your intentions with SimpleFit?

Past two days: walking, walking, running, walking, sprinting, walking.
                                On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X