No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5/3/1 cycle 14 week 3 Workout A (5/3/1 Squat/Bench) (yesterday)

I Haven't been logging workouts for a couple of weeks, but trying to get back in the habit.

I was really worried about squats going into this week as I could only do one rep of the last sets for 5/5/5 and the 3/3/3 weeks -- however, I did the last set of 5/3/1!

The only thing I can figure out is that I had 3 very large scoops of ice cream just before working out -- with whipped creme, hot fudge, strawberries, nuts, caramel sauce -- you name it.

Anybody else try ice cream before working out?

5/3/1 programmed exercises (5/3/1):
    • Squats 215x5 245x3 275x1 (PR) BBB variation: 215x5x3
    • Bench 170x5 195x3 215x1 (PR) BBB variation:175x5x5

Other stuff:
    • Kroc-rows 50x10 60x10 70x20
    Last edited by miata; 07-21-2015, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Fourteen mile solo ride on the road bike mostly flat terrain after work. 96 degrees F. when I finished.

Comment

• Overhead press 5x5 @125
        3x10@ 75

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• My daily PT stuff for wrist/shoulder/pelvic floor until I can get back to something real.

30 sec calf stretch, per side (towel rolled up under ball of one foot, other foot as close in line to the other as possible, or stepping past the other foot)
          60 sec dual calf stretch (towel rolled up under both feet, bent at hips and keep back straight using chair for support)
          20 reps per side hip raise/lower (one foot on a yoga block, tilt that side of the pelvis to move other foot up and down, above level of other foot and below)
          30 sec knee raises (lay on back, yoga block between knees, feet at least hip's width apart, then you raise and lower your knees keeping the block squeezed and feet apart; do not engage glutes, should feel this in lower abdomen)

I'm working on getting all of those up to 60 seconds.

10 reps each side w/ a light PT band (being very careful to keep shoulder aligned)
          internal rotation
          external rotation
          flexion
          abduction (last two not to 90, just as far as I can go comfortably)

5 reps each w/ 2lb dumbbell
          wrist curl
          opposite of wrist curl?
          wrist rotation
          with thumb facing up

Working on getting that up to 15 reps and then 3lb dumbbell. Not sure if weights or reps are more important. I just don't want to get tendonitis in my wrists again!
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Front squat, 3 sets of 70 x 5
            Bench press, 3 sets of 125 x 5
            Deadlift, 1 set of 180 x 5

Comment

• Dang I wish I'd figured out several months ago that wrist curls were going to help. My wrist pain has reduced significantly. I can now get through a work day of typing with only a little ache. I think I needed the rest time, though.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Along with PT, I picked up my 15# kettlebell. No strain to the wrists to hold it, so I did 5x3 goblet squats. Then I did 30 swings (Russian style, only as high as my shoulders) and read that that can be good for rotator cuffs. Yay. I shall proceed with caution.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• 5/3/1 cycle 13 week 3 Workout B (5/3/1 Press/Dead Lift)

5/3/1 programmed exercises (5/3/1):

Overhead press 100x5 110x3 130x1: BBB: 105x5x5
                  Dead lift 265x5 300x3 325x2

Other

Warm-up/recovery squats 200x3x3
                  RDLs as part of dead lift warm-ups 185x10, 225x8
                  3 sets of Arnold presses between dead lifts
                  Chin-ups
                  Dumbbell incline press drop-sets (55, 35, 25)
                  Last edited by miata; 07-25-2015, 07:21 AM.

Comment

• Lightest day ever. Mostly just technique with the bar. Did like 3 singles at 135 on squat, bench, deadlift. Couple of dips, pull-ups, and back raises. Mobility.

Meet on Sunday; taking it easy!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                      Lightest day ever. Mostly just technique with the bar. Did like 3 singles at 135 on squat, bench, deadlift. Couple of dips, pull-ups, and back raises. Mobility.

Best of luck to you!!

Comment

Lightest day ever. Mostly just technique with the bar. Did like 3 singles at 135 on squat, bench, deadlift. Couple of dips, pull-ups, and back raises. Mobility.

Good luck man. I'm sure you'll do very well.

Comment

• Bench 165, 5x5
                          Incline press 95 5x10
                          Barbell row 155, 5x5

Good luck in your Mr. A!

Comment

• Can't wait for Mr. A's update. I hope (and am sure) he killed/is killing it right now!
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Can't wait for Mr. A's update. I hope (and am sure) he killed/is killing it right now!
                              Finished squats. Squats were AWFUL. My back is NOT healed. Still having fun; just wish I was healthy right now. Bench should be fine. Deadlift? Who knows.

Comment

Finished squats. Squats were AWFUL. My back is NOT healed. Still having fun; just wish I was healthy right now. Bench should be fine. Deadlift? Who knows.
                                Glad you are still having fun. I just tried some bench in the gym a few minutes ago and could not get above 215. I was hoping for a lot more. I may not get that mythical 1000lb total at this upcoming meet :-/

Comment

Working...
                                X