No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thirty five miles of mixed hills and flats on my road bike at 7:00am. Hot. Real hot.

Comment

• Just wanna say that I feel like a freaking beast after my workout today! Nothing special. Normal lifting day but I freaking love this crap!! Seriously, I flipping LOVE lifting!! I love sweating! I love my elevated heart rate! I love my bros (males & females)!!

That is all...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
        Just wanna say that I feel like a freaking beast after my workout today! Nothing special. Normal lifting day but I freaking love this crap!! Seriously, I flipping LOVE lifting!! I love sweating! I love my elevated heart rate! I love my bros (males & females)!!

That is all...
        Leading candidate for Post of the Day.

I know the feeling!

30 minutes stationary bike
        30 hill walk
        Sauna (maybe)
        Ht: 5'8"
        Wt: 166
        BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael S View Post
          Leading candidate for Post of the Day.

I know the feeling!

30 minutes stationary bike
          30 hill walk
          Sauna (maybe)
          Thanks! Sauna "maybe"? Why maybe? I'd kill for a sauna at my disposal!

Also picked up jumping rope. I'm not great at it but I will be by the end of the summer. Think Rocky! ;-)

Pet peeve: when people saying jump roping

Comment

• Who says jump roping? LOL. I've never heard that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpitFire View Post
              Who says jump roping? LOL. I've never heard that.
              Really?!? You must hob knob with the educated and refined!! ;-)

Comment

Also picked up jumping rope. I'm not great at it but I will be by the end of the summer. Think Rocky! ;-)

I've heard of calf roping... how in hell do you rope a jump?

Comment

Really?!? You must hob knob with the educated and refined!! ;-)

Lol, hardly! More like, live under a rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    I've heard of calf roping... how in hell do you rope a jump?
                    LOL! Precisely.

Comment

• My workout today:

Awful.

Awful.

Last week I tweaked my back, and then mangled my thumb playing flag football. First powerlifting competition is in a week and a half, and today I couldn't even take 225 down to proper squat depth. This ain't good.

Bench went OK, even with stupid thumb. I think my paused bench is probably around 275 right now on a good day.

Not sure how I'm gonna hook grip a heavy deadlift with this thumb and back, but whatever.

Just grouching some.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                        My workout today:

Awful.

Awful.

Last week I tweaked my back, and then mangled my thumb playing flag football. First powerlifting competition is in a week and a half, and today I couldn't even take 225 down to proper squat depth. This ain't good.

Bench went OK, even with stupid thumb. I think my paused bench is probably around 275 right now on a good day.

Not sure how I'm gonna hook grip a heavy deadlift with this thumb and back, but whatever.

Just grouching some.
                        Maybe it's bad timing to point this out but, I don't practice any other sports (anymore) leading up to a competition because stuff like this happens. One time I rolled my ankle running some stupid races before a competition and I could barely put weight on it. I drugged up (Naproxen) and competed through it but I know that wasn't smart.

For now, take it easy and tend to the injuries. Your strength gains aren't gone so you mostly need to do what's necessary to heal up. You're a beast and super healthy plus you have a healthy ego. You'll pull through to make this competition fun.

Keep us posted!

Comment

Maybe it's bad timing to point this out but, I don't practice any other sports (anymore) leading up to a competition because stuff like this happens. One time I rolled my ankle running some stupid races before a competition and I could barely put weight on it. I drugged up (Naproxen) and competed through it but I know that wasn't smart.

For now, take it easy and tend to the injuries. Your strength gains aren't gone so you mostly need to do what's necessary to heal up. You're a beast and super healthy plus you have a healthy ego. You'll pull through to make this competition fun.

Keep us posted!

Yeah Yeah. I waited til the latest registration deadline before the price went up to register, just in case I got hurt doing something dumb (I stay pretty busy with dumb physical activity), then bent my bad thumb all the way backwards the next day.

My freaking spinal erectors are the bad one; I had the bar slip a bit on a near-max deadlift last week, lost tension in my lower back for a second, and strained them. I imagine I'll be fine by meet time, but it kinda sucks right now. I wanted to move some better weight today. Rehab, yoga, and lifting what I can this week.

I'm not out to win a world title or anything at my first meet, just have fun.

And I'm a classic "game day" competitor; I've done hard stuff with legit injuries before, so this is really nothing big.

I was just feeling really good about training going into the meet before this happened.

Comment

For all of uneducated, unsophisticated folks that want to take up jump roping... haha.. what type of rope would you recommend?

Comment

• 1 mile run for time

Wanderin Jack

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                For all of uneducated, unsophisticated folks that want to take up jump roping... haha.. what type of rope would you recommend?
                                LOL! I don't have a fancy schmancy one. I bought one at Target and it works fine. Once I'm jumping like a pro, maybe I'll get a hoity toity rope and snap selfies for Instagram! ;-)

Today is Day Two of post-workout rope jumping. Love this stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X