Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Mobility warm up
    Focused core work

    Short interval spin bike session - today was tabata. Good reminder why I don't do this very often.

    Calf work 30reps, 30 seconds in stretch position, 40 reps, 40 seconds in stretch position, 50reps 50 in stretch, 60 reps then hobble about.

    8x8 Chest press and pulldown.

    Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      3 x 5 squats & 1 x 5 deadlifts both days. When that becomes too much to recover from, switch one deadlift session to power cleans.
      Thanks I'll try that for a few weeks
      My Standing Desk Blog
      Latest Post: Ergotron Workfit-T Reviewed

      Comment


      • Dodged a bullet with yesterday's form error.

        Flat bench banded/paused. Lots of volume to 185.

        Smith decline 135 to 225 - dimes/nickles/triples (mostly 5s & 3s).

        Pullups w/alternating grip width:

        5x5xbody + 45
        5x5xbody + 35
        5x10xbody + 25
        1x12xbody

        Pendaly Rows:

        1x10x135
        1x7x155
        3x5x185
        1x12x135

        Whey Isolate shake

        Massive bowl of homemade split pea soup w/smoked ham hocks.
        Age: 70
        Ht: 5'8"
        Wt: 166
        BF: 9%

        Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

        Comment


        • 5/3/1 cycle 11, week 4 (5De-load Press/Dead lift)

          Programmed exercises (De-load):

          Press 100x3 115x3 130x3
          Dead lift 230x3 365x3 300x3

          Other

          Warm-up/recovery squats 150x5x3
          Chin-ups
          Arnold Presses between dead lift sets: 25x15x2 30x15x1
          Dumbbell incline drop-sets: (55x10/35x10/25x10)x3 with 2 and 3 minute rest between drop-sets

          Comment


          • Played some 4 vs 4 sand volleyball for a few hours. It was kinda like that scene in Top Gun, except in the evening, with no Navy pilots, and with about double the homo-eroticism.
            In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

            This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
              Played some 4 vs 4 sand volleyball for a few hours. It was kinda like that scene in Top Gun, except in the evening, with no Navy pilots, and with about double the homo-eroticism.
              Most Navy pilots I've met are homophobic... not homoerotic, so that would be a very low threshold to cross! lol

              Comment


              • Saturday... felt like doing squats...

                Overhead squats (in the fashion of Dan John w/ a PVC pipe) 3x20

                Goblet squats 2x10 w/ 20 lb kb, 1x10 w/ 35 lb kb

                low bar back squats 1x5 @ 95, 1x5 @ 115, 3x8 @ 135

                Comment


                • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  Most Navy pilots I've met are homophobic... not homoerotic, so that would be a very low threshold to cross! lol
                  Next you'll tell me that being a Navy pilot isn't all about breaking the rules of engagement and hitting on good lookin' civilian contractors, haha.
                  In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

                  This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                    Next you'll tell me that being a Navy pilot isn't all about breaking the rules of engagement and hitting on good lookin' civilian contractors, haha.
                    No.... That is true! Lol


                    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

                    Comment


                    • Squats 3x5 @ 215

                      Bench press 5x5 @ 135

                      Barbell rows 5x5 @ 115


                      Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

                      Comment


                      • Can someone please help me. In the walk at a slow pace law it says we should be moving at a slow pace for about 3-5 hours a week. Any Idea how I can convert that into steps? Like how many steps should I take a day to get 5 hours worth of walking a week? I tried calculating steps per minute and the calculated time accordingly but it seemed to little.. Please someone tell me the recommended number of steps so i can set the goal on my fitbit

                        Comment


                        • Worked with a personal trainer on my deadlift form. Hit a PR @315. Double overhand grip, no straps.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            Worked with a personal trainer on my deadlift form. Hit a PR @315. Double overhand grip, no straps.
                            Nice work, that's right around my limit for no-hook double-overhand grip as well.
                            The Champagne of Beards

                            Comment


                            • Deadlifts are somewhat new to me, at least as a regular part of my regimen. I do them twice per week, 5x5 @ 225lbs right now. Saturday I decided to see what I could get for a 1RM. I put 315lbs on and at first attempt, couldn't move it. lol I recentered, got serious about it and got it up... no straps (don't even own straps) and double overhand grip. I weigh 173lbs, so I thought 315lbs was pretty decent. Nice to know I'm in the ballpark with some of your other guys here.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by jasmpte View Post
                                Deadlifts are somewhat new to me, at least as a regular part of my regimen. I do them twice per week, 5x5 @ 225lbs right now. Saturday I decided to see what I could get for a 1RM. I put 315lbs on and at first attempt, couldn't move it. lol I recentered, got serious about it and got it up... no straps (don't even own straps) and double overhand grip. I weigh 173lbs, so I thought 315lbs was pretty decent. Nice to know I'm in the ballpark with some of your other guys here.
                                Well, I can pull quite a bit more with hook grip, and quite a bit more than that still with alternating grip. No reason to let your back strength be limited by an arbitrary gripping convention.
                                The Champagne of Beards

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X