• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heavy(ish) day
    5 sets of 5
    shoulder press
    cleans
    deadlifts
    1st time in a about a month working out at an actual gym - felt a bit weak.

Comment

• Velocity, how often do you do BW training?
      On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• VO2 max kettlebell snatch 15/15 protocal. Increase to 20 kg kettlebell.
        40 set x 7 reps for 280 total snatches. Not feeling it today but worked though it.

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
          Velocity, how often do you do BW training?
          Right now it's all I do. Up until this past week it was typically three days of BW exercises and two or three days of sprint/conditioning style work. But, I'm considering changing that up a bit to where I do a couple BW skill practices before Simplefit on MWF, a day dedicated solely to sprints sometime else, then a couple other days to practice other BW skills (things like handstands, levers, pistols, etc.) and/or do shorter sprints, SAQ work, things like that.
          Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
          -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Bench Press 6x5-6
            Incline DB 2x8
            Shoulder press 6x5-6
            CGBP 6x5-6

ditching most of my iso for a while

Comment

• Clean and Press 2 Ladders/3 rungs w/ 28kg kettlebell
              Clean and Press 3 Ladders/3 rungs with 24 kg Kettlebell

200m farmers walk with both Kettlebells, Alternate hands every 50m

4X5 Deadlifts with both kettlebells

Comment

• 1.5 hour nature bike ride
                10 uphill sprints
                --
                Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• SimpleFit Level 1 Day 2, with pullup modifications. 40 minute walk after dinner.

Comment

• "Warm" up (it's hot here)
                    800m Run with 20#vest
                    Max Pull-ups w/20#vest
                    20 Back Back Extensions w/20# Vest

Work
                    21-15-9 Ring Push-ups/ Squat Jumps

30 hot minutes and done.
                    Every Day is a New Adventure

Comment

• Did some practice of bodyweight skills today. Handstands, back lever progression, back bridges and pistol squats (my right side is weaker than my left for some reason - balance is the primary culprit). Before those four, I restarted my campaign to work toward doing a planche. So, following a progression from Coach Sommer -- located here -- I started with frog stands. Talk about a pain in the arse.

1) Can't hold a stand for more than two or three seconds at best.
                      2) My right side seems to be bearing more weight than the left for some reason, despite me trying to make sure I'm even. This leads to a lack of balance and I fall over on my right side. (My right arm is my dominant arm, FWIW.)
                      3) This is frustrating. -_-

Then I went outside and did this:

1) Back lever progression -- I'm pleased with my effort here today. I did probably seven holds, and nearly all of them were with my face pointed at the ground (knees tucked to the chest). Longest hold was in the 15-second range. Similar to the frog stand difficulty above, my right arm seems to hold more of the weight than the left, but I consciously focused on gripping/clenching/bracing my left arm/hand harder than the right. It seemed to work, too.

2a) Back bridges -- A variety of things. Did one regular back bridge (start laying on the ground, feet and hands flat on ground, then press up), and then a few of those where your feet are xx distance from a vertical object (a tree in my case), and then you bend backward with hands extended to the tree. Then I walked my hands down as far on the tree as possible. Didn't get all the way down (i.e., hands on the ground) on any of them, but nearly so.
                      2b) Pistols -- Sets of 3, 4, and 4. All sets were done with right leg going first, since I'm still working on its balance issues.

3) Handstand -- Did three of these, but I was getting tired and my mind wasn't all there. Longest hold was about 40 seconds, that was the first one, and I had one foot away from the wall for part of that time. The other two were around 30-35 seconds with both feet on the wall.
                      Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                      -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• AM
                        Ran 11.5 miles: avg 7:00 min/mile (First 3 at 7:20, last 8.5 at 6:52)

PM
                        3x8-10 Bench Press
                        3x8-10 Inclined Dumbbell Flies
                        3x8-10 Cable Crossovers
                        3x8-10 Skull Crushers
                        3x8-10 Close Grip Bench Press
                        3x8-10 Tricep Pulldown

Comment

• Yesterday

pull ups 3x5

squat 5x5
                          125 185 205 245 260

bench 3x5
                          135 155 170

powerclean 3x3
                          .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                          ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

• Day off from work... Therefore, an "active day" :-)

Took me SO LONG to get my ass out the door this morning. But once I did, my energy came. I ran sprints, ran down the streets, practiced squats, did push-ups of every and any variety whenever I passed a house (uh, often). The post man was staring at me as I heaved up the hill and he looked at me in dismay and asked "what are you training for???" It kind of caught me off-guard. I was like, what? I'm training for my life :-) He mentioned that I was "really fit". This sort of got me thinking... Shouldn't we all be "really fit"? Why should "really fit" be a rarity????????

Later, ran around with the dog, walking, walking, walking. Went to the park and did "BBS-style" push-ups, leg lifts, dips, planks and half-levers until absolute failure. I'm hungry, sore and sweaty. Beeeeautiful. ;-)
                            On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Originally posted by rphlslv View Post
                              Yesterday

pull ups 3x5

squat 5x5
                              125 185 205 245 260

bench 3x5
                              135 155 170

powerclean 3x3
                              You're getting some huge bold numbers there! That's awesome!
                              --
                              Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• Originally posted by primal_jessjane View Post
                                Day off from work... Therefore, an "active day" :-)

Took me SO LONG to get my ass out the door this morning. But once I did, my energy came. I ran sprints, ran down the streets, practiced squats, did push-ups of every and any variety whenever I passed a house (uh, often). The post man was staring at me as I heaved up the hill and he looked at me in dismay and asked "what are you training for???" It kind of caught me off-guard. I was like, what? I'm training for my life :-) He mentioned that I was "really fit". This sort of got me thinking... Shouldn't we all be "really fit"? Why should "really fit" be a rarity????????

Later, ran around with the dog, walking, walking, walking. Went to the park and did "BBS-style" push-ups, leg lifts, dips, planks and half-levers until absolute failure. I'm hungry, sore and sweaty. Beeeeautiful. ;-)
                                I must admit I always chuckle when I read your posts on your workouts, your like the energizer bunny!

Today was a 2 hr. sea kayak trip, followed up by a swim in the Atlantic, it was peaceful and wicked cold all wrapped up in one big smile.
                                You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

Working...
                                X