• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday

Squat 210lbs 3x5
    Bench 126.5lbs 3x5
    Deadlift 252.5 lbs 1x5

Comment

• 2 hours of Brazilian jiu jitsu Ossssss......

Comment

• 5/3/1 cycle 11, week 3 (5/3/1 Press/Dead lift)

Mixed bag today on 5/3/1 week. I was happy to make my press on the second try -- after getting some valuable form advice. However, I couldn't even lift my last dead lift set off the floor. I think that was partly due to a over-compressed schedule last week. Now I need to decide what to do about de-loading. I may just drop 10 pounds for the next cycle and see how that goes.

Programmed exercises (5/3/1):

Press 115x5 130x3 145x1 (on second try), BBB: 125x5x5
        Dead lift 280x3 315x3 355x0 (fail)

Other

Warm-up/recovery squats 190x5x5
        Chin-ups
        Arnold Presses between dead lift sets: 25x15x2

Comment

• Pay tribute to the troops who are no longer with us. Today's workout is the Murph but instead of pull-ups (I don't have a pull-up bar) do HIIT on the bike: CrossFit: Forging Elite Fitness: Thursday 050818
          "On a snow covered mountain time stands still and clarity enters the mind"
          "I want to find out what happens if I don't give up"

Comment

• Delts & Chest today: Jack-knife Pushups, DB raises, front raises, various presses.
            My Standing Desk Blog
            Latest Post: Ergotron Workfit-T Reviewed

Comment

• Had to get today's in early so I could have Memo day funs:

Squat: 275 x 20 (holy crap, lungs = fire)
              Bench: 180 x 5, 205 x 3, 230 x 5
              Press: 100 x 10 x 5
              Chin-ups: +60 x 9
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Had to get today's in early so I could have Memo day funs:

Bench: 180 x 5, 205 x 3, 230 x 5
                Press: 100 x 10 x 5
                Chin-ups: +60 x 9
                Did Jesus appear and ask to work in? I thought Rip said that happened to him, haha.
                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                  Did Jesus appear and ask to work in? I thought Rip said that happened to him, haha.
                  I think that happens at 315. I'll let you know in 4 weeks. It goes like this: Rep 5: Holy crap, that already felt hard and I'm only 1/4 there... Rep 9 "oh crap, gotta stand here a minute and catch my bearings" Rep 11: No way I'm getting to 20, let me just squeeze out one more. Rep 15: Wow, I can't keep my back in extension even at the top. The belt is digging into my ribs and hips. Rep 16: Okay, 4 more. Take them one at a time. Rep 17: Wow, I'm almost done. If I don't crumple into a pile under this bar, I may finish this thing. Rep 18: There's the grind. Wow, I can't catch my breath. Just gotta finish this up. Rep 19: Oh crap, I really am going to finish this. Rep 20: Just stand up and get it into the rack before collapsing. Then you're on the floor. You don't remember how you got there. You want to flip over onto your back, but it seems like too much work. You know you need to take the plates off the bar, but you can't imagine actually doing it. You don't want water, just air. You can't get enough. You take 10 minutes before the next exercise, and the 45 lb warmup for bench feels like it weighs 225. Then you come back to life, gradually. Except your legs. People ask you all day if you were shot in the war, or why you hobble so terribly.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Did 5*5 deadlifts @ 165 lbs. That is 25 more than my pr. Yea me. Rowing 500 m followed by med ball slams. Deacreases 100m each time.

Question: Does anyone else get really red knuckles fter dead lifting. Mine are still red and i did the workout this morning.

Comment

• 5/3/1 cycle 11, week 4 (De-load Squat/Bench)

5/3/1 programmed exercises (De-load):

Squat 175x3 200x3 230x3
                      Bench 140x3 165x3 185x3

Other

Kroc-rows 50x10 60x10 70x20 set
                      Incline barbell press 1135x3x3
                      Chin-ups

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        You'd think it would be the targeted muscle group that gives you the most trouble but often times with heavy 20 rep work its the lungs.

Today's work:

Squat:

230 x 6, 265 x 6, 280 x 10 (PR!)

Conditioning: Wallballs, Double unders and burpees TABATA style (40sec on 20sec off)

After: Snatch work
                        Hang Snatch + Full snatch complex
                        5 x 115lb

Lighter work just working on form. At round 2/3 the pop was really there, never felt the bar float to the catch position as smoothly. Very excited as the snatch is a true weakness of mine.

Comment

• Regional Squat Day.

(Beltless)
                          1x10xbar
                          1x10x135
                          1x5x185
                          1x5x205
                          1x5x225
                          1x5x245

(Belted)
                          3x3x275 (excessive torso lean on 2nd rep 3rd set, resulted in equally excessive strain on erectors in the concentric)
                          1x1x300 (planned 3 reps - see 275)
                          1x5x280
                          1x7x230
                          1x20x140 (paused)

Lep press 4x10x2 plates (single leg)

Standing Calf raises 4x15x4 plates (2 sec pause at the top)

Post workout shake

NSAIDs (800mg)

Ice bag

I'll know tomorrow/fingers crossed.
                          Last edited by Michael S; 05-26-2015, 06:57 PM.
                          Ht: 5'8"
                          Wt: 166
                          BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• I'd like to deadlift & squat twice a week (the only way I seem to get stronger). Any recommendations on splitting these up on tuesdays and fridays? Right now i'm alternating 5x5 but would like to get both in twice a week ideally. Thx
                            My Standing Desk Blog
                            Latest Post: Ergotron Workfit-T Reviewed

Comment

• Originally posted by patrick@bsd View Post
                              I'd like to deadlift & squat twice a week (the only way I seem to get stronger). Any recommendations on splitting these up on tuesdays and fridays? Right now i'm alternating 5x5 but would like to get both in twice a week ideally. Thx
                              3 x 5 squats & 1 x 5 deadlifts both days. When that becomes too much to recover from, switch one deadlift session to power cleans.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Squat 220lbs 3x5
                                Bench 128lbs 3x5
                                Deadlift 260lbs 1x5

I'm at that halfway point to fairly respectable numbers... Got a long way to go.

Comment

Working...
                                X