What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    I'd make sure you taper down the reps and up the weights as you approach the meet. Right now, you're laying foundation, aka accumulation. Then you want to maybe work triples across or thereabouts, which is like the framing of the house, aka transmutation. Then you gotta put up some drywall and siding. Heavy doubles and even singles, aka realization.
    Thanks! My plan right now is basically that--volume tapers down, and those last 4 weeks or so are mostly triples, doubles, singles.

Comment

• Daily workout is quite helpful to be fit & healthy.
      So I often do half an hour workout including walking, push ups, chin ups and sometimes relax massage with Physio Active One.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
        Thanks! My plan right now is basically that--volume tapers down, and those last 4 weeks or so are mostly triples, doubles, singles.
        Well, I don't claim to be the foremost authority on meet prep or anything like that, but if you have any questions I can help with, don't hesitate to reach out. Glad you're going to give lifting in a competitive atmosphere a try, I'm sure you'll do awesome.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          Defying Gravity, by Mr. Bill Starr (recently deceased, unfortunately) is the definitive text on the subject. It's available for a reasonable price from the store at the Starting Strength website.
          Thanks for the tip, just ordered it from SS for $17. Amazon is priced from $79.99 to $150.26....used!
          Ht: 5'8"
          Wt: 166
          BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• 5/3/1 cycle 10, week 4 Repeat (De-load Squat/Bench/Press)

Needed to repeat a de-load week in prep for climbing Mt. Whitney starting Friday.

5/3/1 programmed exercises (5/3/31:

• Bench 140x3 160x3 180x3
            • Overhead press 95x3 110x3 125x3

Other programmed exercises:

• Barbell incline presses 130x5x3

Other

• Warm-up/recovery squats 135x5x3
            • Dumbbell incline press drop-sets
            • Kroc-rows 50x10 60x10 70x20
            • Chin-ups

Comment

• BBS day 3 of 3-way split: Shoulder Flies, Biceps Curls, Overhead presses, Triceps press downs, knee tucks. Progress made on all exercises today.

TWT = 9m 40s
              “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Oh, last night was

Squat: 360 x 3, 335 x 5, 315 x 5 (in my new Rippetoe "Do Your Fives" shirt)
                Snatch-grip deadlift: 395 x 2 (PR)
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• 2 hrs of jiu jitsu followed by 100 kb swings, 2 handed with 24kg bell. Finally getting everything back on track!
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Carrying a 49 lb box (no trolley, wheels, etc) for 1/4 of a mile to the UPS store. It was harder than I thought it might be, probably because everyone was staring at me and also I ran into the managing partner of the Patent Practice at my firm while on the way there (she also lives in the neighborhood).

I normally don't post my workouts here, but I did today because I don't think I would have been able to do what I just did 2 years ago, before barbells/etc.

#progress
                    JOURNAL..
                    @BabesWithBBQ.
                    Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                    Professional Style Website.
                    #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• 500 KBS 44#
                      Then climb the mountain behind the house and watch the sunset and the full moon rise.

Wanderin Jack

Comment

• squat 205 5x5

OHP 110 5x5

deadlift 215 1x5

Comment

• 5/3/1 cycle 11, week 2 (3/3/3 Squat/Bench)

This week is challenging. I was traveling M-W and have to squeeze two workouts into Thursday and Friday. Today went well, and we'll have to see how tomorrow goes with press and dead lift.

5/3/1 programmed exercises (3/3/3):

• Squat 190x3 210x3 240x4, , BBB: 190x5x3 (reduced)
                          • Bench 155x3 175x3 195x4, BBB: 155x8x5

Other

• Kroc-rows 50x10 60x10 70x20

Comment

• My fitness plan disappeared!
                            I think it was
                            Day 1 Squats and floor press
                            Day 2 and 3 rest and eat
                            Day 4 deadlift and some kind of overhead push - whether superman pushups or bar work, IDK
                            Day 5 and 6 rest and eat
                            Day 7 Sprint
                            Probably add a day 8 for rest, whatever. Essentially one of three efficient, compound workouts in sequence every two or three days once I feel up to it, soreness gone from the last time.

Today is my first day back to work so squats and press of some sort.
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• 5/3/1 cycle 11, week 2 (3/3/3 Press/Dead lift)

I knew it would be tough today, since I had not recovery from yesterday's squat/bench workout. Failed on both the press and dead lift. I thought it would be much longer before I failed on my favorite dead lifts, but this was a tought week. I'm hoping I'll catch up next week with the 5/3/1 sets.

5/3/1 programmed exercises (3/3/3):

• Press 105x3 120x3 135x2(fail), BBB: 105x5x5
                              • Dead lift 260x3 300x3 335x2 (fail)

Other

• Warm-up squats 50x10 60x10 70x20
                              • RDLs 135x10 175x10
                              • Chin-ups
                              • Arnold Presses between dead lift sets: 25x15x3, 20x15

Comment

• Squats, 5 reps 3 sets at 195.
                                Goal for next rotation - 205

Benched (stopping with humerus parallel to ground instead of going all the way down, helped a ton on shoulder weirdness!) 195. That was too light so I did 10 reps 3 sets, next time I'll just add more to bar to stay in the 5 rep range. But for first bench press in many months I figured safer to start light.
                                Next bench I'll probably load around 220 and see how that feels.
                                Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                                X