What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOO!!

I can sprint again! A week after nearly breaking my toe (it had an unfortunate run-in with a bathroom door, thankfully protected by my VFF) and allowing time for it to recover, I got out and sprinted again (first sprint session since Thursday the 15th). 10 100-yard sprints, and then a 200-yarder to finish (100 down and back, to pick up the cone I'd placed at 100 yds.). It felt awesome.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• 45 minute very slllooooowww swim. Recouping from a back injury -- nice to do something other than walk.

Comment

• Veolcity.... nice to be able to do the things we love again. Some day, i will sprint again, too!

Comment

• Deadlift 5x5 plus some singles-new PR!
          Squats
          SLDL
          calf raises.

Might do a walk tonight.

Comment

• 18 holes of golf walking and carrying for 5 hours and fasted. At a hackers level of skill it does resemble persistence hunting.

Comment

• one hour pilates class

Comment

• Tuesday: 10 x 100 yard-sprints
                -- Finisher: 6 x 60-yard sprints.

Wed.: Rest

Thurs.: Kettlebell/Bodyweight Circuit -- Did 4 Rounds with a 35-pound kettlebell.

Goblet Squats 30 Seconds / Rest 30 Seconds
                Swings Left 30 Seconds / Rest 30 Seconds
                Swings Right 30 Seconds / Rest 30 Seconds
                Pushups 30 Seconds / Rest 30 Seconds
                Row Left 30 Seconds / Rest 30 Seconds
                Row Right 30 Seconds / Rest 30 Seconds
                Military Press Left 30 Seconds / Rest 30 Seconds
                Military Press Right 30 Seconds / Rest 30 Seconds
                Ab Plank 30 Seconds / Rest 30 Seconds

-- Finisher 3 x Max Pullups

Friday: Rest

Saturday: Farmers Walk using Stairs

Carried two 28-pound water jugs up and down a 66-step staircase 10 times. Rested 90 seconds after each round.

DOMs nailed my calf muscles and my back is stiff so took rest days on Sunday and Monday.
                Last edited by Godzilla; 07-26-2010, 05:29 PM.

Comment

• Monday: biking.

Comment

• Bodyrock.tv Power Girl
                    Instead of a time challenge, I went for strength gains and attemped to meet all of her numbers, resting as needed - but as little as possible.

done in two rounds:
                    Surfer
                    - 9, 8 but barely eeked out her number on the last one...horrible form.....arms totally shot

Beach Scissors Had to modify this into a side plan with full arm extension: 1st round: 50, 50 2nd round 35, 42. Modified b/ I coudln't even do one leg lift from the full plank. couldn't even do one leg lift from the modified (elbow) side plank. and just regular side lying leg lifts were way too easy. the plank on it's own kicked my ass. Zz did 20 first round each leg, 19 second round each leg (all while holding the plank for 50 seconds...omg)

Fighter Lunges 20, 14 (for each leg....significant breaks though....way harder with left leg leading though I improved a lot as I did them....until fatigue got in the way). zz did 20/19 in 50 secs...iirc.

1-2-3 Push Up 11 the first round/0 second round....arms=done ....no knees touching! but having said that, these are push-ups from a mountain-climber position, so way easier than full body push-ups. zz did 11/11 in 50 secs.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

• 45 minute walk and then some convict conditioning (back) a little later today.
                      I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

• Iíve been reading and enjoying the forums for a while now and though Iíd finally contributeÖ

For my workout today Iím taking deck of playing cards (all 52 + 2 jokers). I shuffle, and then start flipping one card at a time. Each card is a component in the workout. Hearts are pushups, Clubs are squats, spades are chins and diamonds are dips. The number on the card is the number of reps. So if I flip a 6 of hearts, Iím doing 6 pushups, then if I flip a 10 of spades Iím doing 10 chins. Iíll go thru all 52 cards taking as much rest as needed, but trying to get thru as fast as possible. When the joker is flipped, Iíll do a quarter mile run. Jacks are 11 reps, Queens are 12 and Kings are 13. Iíll do this workout every so often and mix in different exercises. You will never repeat the same workout, ever. Today, Iíll be in a park but last time I was in the gym and didÖdead lifts, dumbbell press, pushups, and inverted rows with the joker being 2 minutes of jump roping. The combinations are endless. A few months ago I did one where the 2 jokers meant running 100 years with a 40 lb tub bag of sand on my shoulders. In another workout, when the joker was flipped I pushed a wheel barrow filed with stone, 100 yards.

Comment

• Bicycle commute to work 11.3 miles.
                          Bicycle commute back home 12.5 miles.
                          Add temps well into the 80s and about 800 ft of elevation gain and going home should leave me cooked.

Comment

• 1a) L-sit practice on Jungle Gym Split -- Three holds, all in the 25 second range. Legs were straight at somewhere between 30-45 degrees from the horizontal.
                            1b) Inverted Hang practice -- Three holds as well. These are great grip testers. I'm working toward doing back levers, and what I did was get into an inverted hang, tuck knees into my chest, and hold. Also began to tilt my body further around (i.e., bring my back more to the sky), but only a few degrees' worth. Have to progress slowly with these.

Then did L1D1 of SimpleFit. 28 rounds. Surprised I did that many due to my long-standing lack of pull-up endurance. But I got through 28 rounds and the majority of my pull-ups didn't require a kip, and virtually all were from a dead hang. Instead of regular pushups, I did divebomber pushups because regular pushups would just have been too easy. At about round 10 I switched from regular deep BW squats to jumps.
                            Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
                            -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• Pretty good one today.

Warm up:

5 sets of: inverse rows ( x 10); leg lifts (x 10); running in place (10 sec)

Lifts:

Standing military press 5 x 5 (95 - 95- 100 - 100 - 105)
                              Squat 5 x 5 (175 - 180- 180 - 185 - 190)
                              Bench press 5 x 5 (145 - 145 - 145 - 140 - 140)

Doing a one hour walk later today
                              --
                              Here it is, your moment of zen.

It's a no brainer: The journal of the cerebelum

Comment

• 45 minute walk...last 10 minutes I did sprints (30 sec intervals)
                                The pain of discipline or the pain of regret? You choose.

Oh look - I made a Journal.

Comment

Working...
                                X