What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Williamssen View Post
    First day of Greyskull style workouts. Still trying to figure out proper weights and accessory lifts. I think I am going to like it!
    Where did you get the rack from bro? Been searching around for a decent one.

Strength Training > Bodybuilding

Comment

• Pulled the metal shoes off a horse today. Took about 45 minutes, including being in the squat position for extended periods, hammering and prying. Not to mention picking up the hooves of a 1000+ lb. animal. This horse came back to me from someone I gave him too. We don't use metal shoes and I needed to get them off before putting back in with the other horses. The metal shoes are comparable to the CW shoes vs. five figures. We practice natural hoof care which mimics the horse’s hoof as it is in the wild.

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 7, week 3 (5/3/1, 8/6/3, (Press/Deadlift)

Good workout yesterday. Warmed up with 5x5 squats with a low weight again 155 instead of 135 like earlier in the week.. Nailed the press and dead lifts today did 3 reps on the last set of presses and 5 for the dead lift. I may have been too conservative when transitioning from trap bar to Olympic bar dead lift. I'll add 20 pounds instead of 10 for the next cycle.

5/3/1 programmed main exercises (3/3/3 week):
        • Overhead press 5x100# 3x115# 3x125#
        • Dead lift 5x230# 3x260# 5x290#

8/6/3 programmed exercises (8/6/3 week):
        • Hammer pull-downs 6x180# 6x205# 75x225#, 10x180#

Other exercises
        • Squats 15x5x155#
        •*Couple of sets of dumbbell chest flies between dead lift warm up sets (next week I think I'll try Arnold presses instead)
        Last edited by miata; 01-24-2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjwashington421 View Post
          Where did you get the rack from bro? Been searching around for a decent one.

Strength Training > Bodybuilding
          $100 off of Craigslist. It has served me well but it is far from a decent one. You can see how much it shakes just from the wrist rollups in the video. I have dropped 300+lbs on it a few times and it worked fine. I am kind of in the market too. I guess you didn't go with that half-rack from Dicks? This forum Workout Equipment - Bodybuilding.com Forums has great reviews of all different kind of stuff. I am looking at this rack right now HD Titan Power Rack w/ 2"x3" Tubes

Comment

• 5x5 pull-ups with thick green band

5x5 wall-facing squats w/ 20lb kettlebell to counterweight

3x15 leg lifts? (laid on floor, held onto husband's ankles at my shoulders, kept my legs straight and he would "throw" my feet towards the ground in different directions, I had to keep my legs straight & feet off the floor)

5min jump rope (ow my shins)
            Depression Lies

Comment

• I shoveled yesterday (after a workout, which was probably stupid). I tried to watch out for my back, but it was half ice and half slush, so very heavy. My back is all sore today in a way I have not yet experienced while being this active. I think it will be fine by tomorrow, though.

Should I skip Crossfit tonight? It's backsquats and deadlifts (last week of the Russian Strength program, I am loathe to miss it). We're expecting 2' of snow tomorrow =\
              Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-26-2015, 07:59 AM.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• JR intervals: 4 x 60:60, 8 x 20:10
                TWT=11m 13s
                “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Deload week. Easy sets of squats, bench, Hammer rows and incline dumbbell presses.

Comment

• Squats: 315 x 5 x 5
                    Bench: 237.5 x 3 x 3, 205 x 9(f)
                    Chins: +100 x 2, +75 x 3 x 2, +0 x 15 x 2
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• 60 minutes of 6 a side football. Well, 5v6 and I was on the 5. Held our own for the most part but conceded a few goals towards the last 10 minutes as fatigue set in. Great run out though.

Comment

• Shoveling. 40 min under my belt so far, maybe a walk in the snow later.

I foam rolled my back for 10 min before going out and took it really slow. Feeling fine, actually a little better than before.
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Missed posting tues....it was fun!
                          Shoulders and Arms
                          Seated dumbbell press 60x12 60x10 60x8 then 2 drop sets with 40's then 25's
                          Seated lateral raises 3 sets with 25s
                          Standing rear delt on cables 3 sets
                          Alt dumbbell curls 40's for 3 sets
                          superset with
                          Cable tri press downs stack for 3 sets
                          Barbell curls just 65 for 2 sets
                          superset with
                          Overhead tri press 2 sets

Today:
                          Deadlift and Chins day.
                          Wide grip dead 235x5x4
                          Chins 4 sets of 12

Comment

• What are "chins"? Chin-ups?
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              What are "chins"? Chin-ups?
                              Yeah, just an abbreviation.
                              In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                                What are "chins"? Chin-ups?
                                Yah, standard chin ups. Usually do them weighted, but decide to go with minimal rest period and do bodyweight this week to change things up.

Comment

Working...
                                X