What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Thanks. I'm kind of embarrassed at how bad I am at eating in sufficient quantities, after basically doing this paleo thing for 3.5 years.
    Do you use diary ? Full fat Greek yogurt mixed with berries and almond butter, plus some sweet potatoes, white rice, and milk on lifting days have helped me tremendously. I know some of that stuff is frowned upon, but helps when training intensely. My strength has shot up since adding them in plus an extra 2 hours of sleep.

"One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards – they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
    -Jim Wendler

Comment

• Nope, have various problems with dairy

Sent from my XT1019 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      Depression Lies

Comment

• 5x5 pull-ups w/ green band (last time I used black but couldn't find it this time, think that one was stronger).
        Okay so I failed on the last two reps. I guess I'll be using the green one for a bit.

5x5 kneeling push-ups

And then I watched my husband climb a rope. Yes. That counts.
        Depression Lies

Comment

• Had a great workout today so just thought I'd share!

-worked on my pullups and chinups, 3 sets of 5 for each
          -dumbbell circuit: rows, Romanian deadlifts, cleans, presses, reverse lunges 5x each-4 rounds
          -tricep extensions w/20 lb dumbell
          -glute bridges w/15 lb dumbells
          -divebomber pushups
          -close-grip tricep pushdowns
          -don't really have a name for this, but basically taking a bar and pushing it from side to side over my head using one arm at a time...good full body move

finished it off with 75 KB swings with a 30 lb KB

Walked out of the gym feeling awesome!

Comment

• Bulgarian split squats 4x50x10
            Superset incline flys with push-ups 4 sets
            Superset compound rows with chinc 4 sets

Comment

• 100 KB swings @ 24kg
              TWT = 9m 24s
              “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

And then I watched my husband climb a rope. Yes. That counts.
                I made an audible laugh at that.

Comment

• Core focused start
                  Feet elevated situs SS flute bridges 3x20 of each.
                  Seated db cleans for rotator cuff SS all 3x10/5

Shoulder press 2 sets - 30 second positive and 30 second negative
                  2x12 cable lat raises

Pull down (same as shoulder press)
                  Cable curls 2x8

Calves on leg press 1x20 1x30 1x40 only rest between each was weight held in stretched position.

Richard
                  It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• The class yesterday was mostly a long warm-up (lots of dashing and footwork on the turf area) and then the WOD. No strength portion.

Partner I have A Dream (I partnered up with someone in her very first class! I hope she liked it)

You alternate each activity with your partner, so by the end of the second round, you've done each activity once. We almost got through 19 rounds, but were short by 3 lunges.

30 minute AMRAP of:
                    2 reps of muscle-up [I did 4 ring rows]
                    4 reps of toes-to-bar [hanging knee raises]
                    6 reps of push-up (clapping) [or kneeling clapping push-up, I had to use a low barbell on the rack after the second round]
                    8 reps of bumper plate ground to overhead [went from 10 to 15 lbs during]
                    10 reps of overhead walking lunge (plate) [went from 10 to 15 lbs during]

This idiot needs to stop touching her knees to the ground during lunges. Ouch.
                    Depression Lies

Comment

This idiot needs to stop touching her knees to the ground during lunges. Ouch.
                      Try some compression knee sleeves. I got some from dicks for 12.99 each.

Helps with squats and scraping my knee caps during deadlifts.

"One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards – they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
                      -Jim Wendler

Comment

• The bruises, man. The bruises... I bruise so easily!

Depression Lies

Comment

The bruises, man. The bruises... I bruise so easily!

It's because you're doing them for time and you're trying to do them so fast? If so, SLOW DOWN! FTFY! 😘😘👏👍

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• I also just forget. I wasn't really pushing for time last night. And I also just bruise easily in general I get all kinds of mystery bruises these days.

Depression Lies

Comment

• Das pump! Gorby would be proud....

Seated press 3x12,11,8
                              Lat raise machine three sets with one drop set each
                              Rear delt flies 3x12
                              Superset cable tri pess downs and barbell curls 3x10-12
                              20 minutes laps in the pool
                              15 minutes in the sauna.

Nice workout. Given past shoulder issues it was very much some prehab and work combined.

Comment

• Back to the Russian strength program

warm-up with 20lb kettlebell

6-6-6 backsquats @ 53 lbs
                                6-6-6 deadlifts @ 88 lbs

No increase for either, but both felt more solid.

AMRAP (8 min)
                                12 kettlebell swings @ 25lb
                                12 kettlebell push press @ 15lb (6 per side)
                                30 second side plank hold (on forearms and knees, that was hard enough!)

I got through 3 rounds plus 12 reps.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X