No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 7, week2 (3/3/3, 6/6/6, Workout A (Squat/Bench)

Dropped the squat max by another 10 pounds this week. Form is improving.

5/3/1 programmed exercises (3/3/3 week):
    • Squats - pyramid 3x165# 3x190# 3x215# 3x190# 7x165#
    • Bench press - pyramid 3x160# 3x160# 4x180# 3x180# 14x140#

8/6/3 programmed exercises (6/6/6 week):
    • Hammer rows - 6x185 6x210# 10x210# 185# 20 sec rest pause (14x, 4x, 4x)

Other
    • Dumbbell incline drop sets 10x50-10x35, 10x50-10x35, 8x50-7x35-10x25

Comment

• am: 5 miles in 40 minutes
      pm: 10 miles in 62 minutes (+4 miles warm-up/cool-down)

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
        Oh I discovered my first hand blister yesterday. It had already healed underneath. *moment of pride*

Sent from my XT1019 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
        So proud! 👍💪👏

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Yesterday: 50 burpees for time. Will repeat this at the end of February to see how time has improved throughout paleo challenge.

6:58
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            I did this:
            Squat: 325 x 5 x 3
            Bench: 232.5 x 5,5,4(f)
            Chin-ups: +75 x 5,5,5,5,5,4(f) (3 minute rest periods)
            What kind of program are you running right now rich? Something like Texas method ?

"One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards – they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
            -Jim Wendler

Comment

• Injury Rehab semi-linear progression meets HLM program:

Thursday: Squat/press/deadlift
              Saturday: Light squat/close-grip bench/wildcard rows or pulls (DB rows, BB rows, clean pulls, snatch grip DL, etc)
              Monday: Squat/bench/chinups (various weight/set/rep schemes)

Adding 10 lbs on Thursday and Monday to squats, since I re-started at 45# shortly after the injury. Bench and press only get 2.5# a week. Deadlift gets 5.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• 15.7 km run on rolling trails, easy pace with 6 x 100m strides.

Comment

• Awesome man, I like that program!

Today Workout A:
                  Weight: 163lbs

Squat Low Bar: 235 x 3 x 5
                  Bench Press Paused : 160 x 3 x 5
                  Dead-Lift: 295 x 1 x 5 ( might not progress next time last two reps I felt like I was heading to snap city)
                  Dips: BW x 2 x 12
                  Ab Wheel Rollout 2 x 12

"One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards – they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
                  -Jim Wendler

Comment

• Shoulder press 4x12 last set rest pause
                    Wide grip deadlifts 225x8x3
                    Leg raises for dem abs 3x15

I dunno. I was kinda toast. Thought I would do more but called it at that. Getting swolled brah!

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 7, week 2 (3/3/3, 6/6/6, (Press/Deadlift)

Good workout today. Warmed up with 5x5 squats with a low weight. I think I'll stay on a low weight and focus on multiple sets of 5 reps with relatively low weight. Nailed the deadlifts today and should be up to where I was with the trap bar in a 3-4 months.

5/3/1 programmed main exercises (3/3/3 week):
                      • Overhead press 5x90# 3x100# 5x115#
                      • Dead lift 3x220# 3x250# 6x280#

8/6/3 programmed exercises (6/6/6 week):
                      • Hammer pull-downs 6x170# 6x195# 7x205#, rest-pause @ 170# 10/4/3
                      • Snatch grip dead lift 6x190# 6x220# 2x230#

Other exercises
                      • Squats 15x5x135#
                      Last edited by miata; 01-15-2015, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Day 3 of my 3-day split - Chest Press, Lateral Raises, Overhead presses, triceps pushdowns, side planks.

TWT = 10m 56s
                        “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Once again accidentally discovered more of my limits.

Warm-up was some stuff with a PVC pipe (hip bridges, squats, good mornings)

12-12-8 low-bar back squat
                          53lbs
                          Oops, that was Monday's weight for 6-6-6. As you can see, I failed the last set. My brain was just...not there and I miscalculated the weight (was thinking about deadlifts).

12-12-12 deadlift
                          73lbs
                          Probably should have done something like 68 so I wasn't completely drained at the end. Oh well. Gainz.

8 minute AMRAP of:
                          20 reps of single arm kettlebell swing (russian, 15lb)
                          20 reps of kettlebell goblet alternating step up (15lb)
                          20 reps of lateral box jump (these were fun)

Was two box jumps short of 2 rounds! Got to 18, felt acute nausea, and sat on the box breathing heavily for the last 5 seconds.

I didn't eat enough yesterday so that plus intense activity = had some depression and a melt-down. I suck at this eating thing.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            Once again accidentally discovered more of my limits.

Warm-up was some stuff with a PVC pipe (hip bridges, squats, good mornings)

12-12-8 low-bar back squat
                            53lbs
                            Oops, that was Monday's weight for 6-6-6. As you can see, I failed the last set. My brain was just...not there and I miscalculated the weight (was thinking about deadlifts).

12-12-12 deadlift
                            73lbs
                            Probably should have done something like 68 so I wasn't completely drained at the end. Oh well. Gainz.

8 minute AMRAP of:
                            20 reps of single arm kettlebell swing (russian, 15lb)
                            20 reps of kettlebell goblet alternating step up (15lb)
                            20 reps of lateral box jump (these were fun)

Was two box jumps short of 2 rounds! Got to 18, felt acute nausea, and sat on the box breathing heavily for the last 5 seconds.

I didn't eat enough yesterday so that plus intense activity = had some depression and a melt-down. I suck at this eating thing.
                            Lol eating is the hard part! Keep pushing your self you can do it.

-Jim Wendler

Comment

• Push day with focus on "da pump":

Hanging leg raises with scorpion kickback 3 X 25
                              Reverse wrist curls 3 X 15 – 20 in superset with standing heel raises 3 X 25
                              Dips machine 2 X 20
                              Decline barbell bench press with a narrow grip 4 X 6-8
                              Lying French press 3 X 8 – 10
                              Sitting dumbbell press 4 X 10-12
                              Lying cable flies 3 X 12
                              Incline dumbbell press 4 X 8-10
                              Leg extensions 4 X 15 – 20
                              Machine hack lift 3 X 30 – 35
                              Dumbbell pullover 4 X 15 in superset with cable cross-over 4 X 15
                              "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by rjwashington421 View Post
                                Lol eating is the hard part! Keep pushing your self you can do it.
                                Thanks. I'm kind of embarrassed at how bad I am at eating in sufficient quantities, after basically doing this paleo thing for 3.5 years.
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X