Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +1 on straight wrists being crucial.

Comment

• Thanks guys. I'll use the following cues "elbows up" & "straight wrist".

"One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards – they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
      -Jim Wendler

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 7, week 3 (5/3/1, 8/6/3, (Press/Deadlift)

Was feeling pretty weak today due to some kind of bug. Normally, I wouldn't workout, but I am trying hard to get back on track after the holiday season. I did do the minimal work, but was not able to complete all of the reps for for one of the final sets.

This was also my first week doing the Olympic rather than Trap Bar dead lifts. I was planning to also do 3 8/8/8 sets of the snatch grip dead lift, but was too weak at the end.

5/3/1 programmed main exercises (5/5/5 week):
        • Overhead press 5x65# 5x100# 5x115#
        • Dead lift 5x205# 5x235# 3x265#

8/6/3 programmed exercises (8/8/8 week):
        • Hammer pull-downs 8x160# 9x180# 2x195#

Other exercises
        • Squats 10x135#
        Last edited by miata; 01-12-2015, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• Very light Sunday workout

First, rolling out and stretching

5x5 band assisted pull-ups (strongest band)
          5x5 kneeling push-ups

And that's it!

I start a paleo challenge tomorrow with my CrossFit box. I think about 12 people signed up for it. From 1/12-2/28, we'll be striving for 100% paleo. We get extra points for class attendance, stretching, other workouts, taking fish oil, and drinking 1+ gallon of water. On Tuesday, I'll do 50 burpees for time. The person with the best improvement at the end of the challenge gets some kind of prize.

I'm pretty excited about it because I know it's going to improve my performance and some digestive issues that have flared up recently. I'm also pretty terrified because it requires a lot more planning ahead than I typically do in regards to food (no bacon for example!). I thought I'd share this here since I do think it will affect my workouts. I probably won't be eating very low carb but the emphasis will be on fruits rather than starches. That's new for me.

Wish me luck!
          Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-11-2015, 02:08 PM.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Quick 3 mile snowshoe with the dog up and over the mountain out back to work out the bugs from Friday's deads session.
            You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• Jump rope intervals: 4 x 60:60, 8 x 20:10
              TWT = 11m 38s
              “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• 20 kbs on the minute for 25 minutes 44#, 500 kbs total

Wanderin Jack

Comment

• I think I'm going to go postal if I see someone else curling in the squat racks... MAJOR gym crime!

"One of the worst things a young lifter can do is take advice from other beginners on message boards – they usually have all the advice and none of the experience."
                  -Jim Wendler

Comment

• What is your workout today?

Originally posted by rjwashington421 View Post
                    I think I'm going to go postal if I see someone else curling in the squat racks... MAJOR gym crime!

-Jim Wendler
                    And if I was on the jury in your trial, I would DEFINITELY vote to acquit!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Sick for a week with a bad cold....so yesterday was best I'd felt in a whole week. Went in and could barely get through 2 sets of each....bulgarian split squats, cable crossovers supersetted with pushups, and hammer rows. Wow. Worst workout ever. Thought I was gonna pass out at the end.

Comment

• I did this:
                        Squat: 325 x 5 x 3
                        Bench: 232.5 x 5,5,4(f)
                        Chin-ups: +75 x 5,5,5,5,5,4(f) (3 minute rest periods)
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Yesterday
                          Another kettlebell warm-up, like last week's. 20lbs so I could get through it without resting in the middle.

Same strength stuff as last week
                          6-6-6 reps of:
                          back squat @ 50 lbs (down 3 lbs from last week, had some pain in left wrist, moved hands out on last set and it felt better)
                          6-6-6 reps of:
                          deadlift @ 88 lbs (up 5 lbs from last week)

WOD
                          Interval Masala
                          Every minute on the minute (for 9 min):
                          box jump for 40 sec [Minute 1] - don't know how tall my box was
                          ring dip for 40 sec [Minute 2] - did kneeling push-ups instead
                          toes-to-bar for 40 sec [Minute 3] - did hanging knee-raises instead

I think my score was 9? That would be the lowest # of reps I got in any of the 40 sec intervals (hanging knee-raises slowed me down).
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Goin back today for

Weighted chins
                            Ohp
                            Curls
                            Tri press downs

Edit: Went real well. Much better than Sunday. Replaced OHP with some lateral raises though. Bit of pump and a bit of going to form failure. Daddy like.
                            Last edited by Neckhammer; 01-13-2015, 12:36 PM.

Comment

• Oh I discovered my first hand blister yesterday. It had already healed underneath. *moment of pride*

Sent from my XT1019 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• I took some photos on my lunch-time run yesterday: https://www.strava.com/activities/240314039

Comment

Working...
                                X