No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1a) Handstand practice -- Four holds against a wall. Timing was a bit rough, since I had to start my timer, get into position, and then kick up into the handstand. The longest was a bit over a minute, maybe 1:10. Then the next three were about 55, 55, and 45 seconds (roughly). On the first and second tries, my feet were both against the wall. On the third and fourth, part of the way into each hold, I brought one foot off the wall. Slowly working toward free handstands.
    1b) One-Arm Rows from JGS -- Three sets of five per arm with my body parallel to the ground, but with knees bent at 90 degrees (feet were flat on ground). These felt stronger than the last time.

2a) "Russian" lunge -- It's a split squat with rear foot elevated, but the foot is in the stirrup of the JGS. Five sets of 20 per leg. (I got the name from Monkey Bar Gym.)
    2b) Pushups -- Endurance day for these. Five sets: 25, 20, 22, 23, 22.
    Are you a college student, trying to navigate college while being Primal? Do you know any other PB college students on a tight budget? Heck, for that matter, are YOU trying to live Primal on a budget? Enroll at Primal University!

For after all what is man in nature? A nothing in relation to infinity, all in relation to nothing, a central point between nothing and all and infinitely far from understanding either.
    -- Blaise Pascal

Comment

• 90 minute walk and 30 minutes of house cleaning and heavy trash bag hauling
      Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

Comment

• An active rest day :-)
        100 push-ups
        100 lunges
        25 chin-ups
        + walking/running/biking
        On a mission to help others master movement, build unbreakable strength, & eat MORE food (can't beat that.) Weekly fitness, health & nutrition articles at indulgentfitness.com.

Comment

• Pulling day today.

Machine Rows 6x5-6
          DB Rows 2x6
          Pulldowns 6x12

Various curls 10-12 with a couple drp sets at the end.
          Nap time.

Comment

• Took Mark's advice today and got out into the 106 degree Arizona sun, took my shirt off to get some rays, and ran sprints on the high school track for ten minutes. Then I ran bleachers for 15 more minutes. It kicked my ass, but felt so good when I was done. I've been primal for a week now, lost four pounds and I am feeling good!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShawnW View Post
              Took Mark's advice today and got out into the 106 degree Arizona sun, took my shirt off to get some rays, and ran sprints on the high school track for ten minutes. Then I ran bleachers for 15 more minutes. It kicked my ass, but felt so good when I was done. I've been primal for a week now, lost four pounds and I am feeling good!
              Your my hero. That kind of sun takes me out.

Comment

• I did sprints during a 20 minute treadmill walk, and then did the same on a stationary bike.

Comment

• 10 second handstand!!!!!!!!!!
                  .`.><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>
                  ><((((> .`.><((((>.`.><((((>.`.><(( ((>

Comment

• 16 mile run at 7:24 min/mile

Comment

• @rphlslv

Great job!

I've spent the past week helping a friend reshingle his roof. I couldn't have done it a year ago!

Comment

• Starting simplefit as a way to encourage progressing, L1 D1 at 30 rounds. Have to do modification for pullups. Wow, the quads feel worked out!

Comment

• uphill and downhill sandbag sprints with a sandbag movement at the top of the hill each time. ugh.
                          I grok, therefore I am.

Comment

• 5x8 front squats
                            5x8 bench press
                            5x12 back extension
                            5x30sec Supermans
                            20 min HIIT on Moving Stairmaster

Comment

• Woot handstand!

Friday: climb
                              Saturday: take a nice walk along the water
                              Sunday: beach day = rest day.

Comment

• 32 minute random shovelglove movements. Harder than I thought it would be.

Comment

Working...
                                X