No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 3/4 miles on the treadmill at an easy walking pace.
    “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      160 or so at the moment.
      Wow your pushing some serious weight at that number. I'm around the weight, but haven't hit a big number on the big 3 yet.

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky

Comment

• Originally posted by rjwashington421 View Post
        Wow your pushing some serious weight at that number. I'm around the weight, but haven't hit a big number on the big 3 yet.
        You will, man. You will. Add weight to the bar every time. If you add 15 lbs a week to your squat, it doesn't take very long to get to some respectable numbers.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

You will, man. You will. Add weight to the bar every time. If you add 15 lbs a week to your squat, it doesn't take very long to get to some respectable numbers.
          My deadlift is doing well right now. I got up to 280lbs pretty quickly. I had to deload my squat back down to 225lbs though because I took a day off and didn't eat as much due to being ill. I'm trying to add more food in hopes of more strength.

Comment

• Day 1 of my first cycle of 5/3/1.

Started with pretty conservative 1RM estimates. As I've only got 3 days to fit in my lifting I'm doing OHP and Deads on the same day (today).

Went really well, looking forward to when the weight goes up a bit in the next cycle but I'm sticking to the programme. Most notable lift was 230lbs for 10 on Deads.

Oh and of course my 'other' workout... eating, at least it feels like a workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steady View Post
              Oh and of course my 'other' workout... eating, at least it feels like a workout.
              Boy your not lying. My jaw is sore from chewing food, and my hands tired from cooking it.

Comment

• Dips BW 4 sets. 7 6 6 6
                Dead lift 142.5kg x1
                130kg x3
                Face pulls 75 reps
                skull crushers 2x10

I havent dead lifted in a month and that 142 was my last PR. Except it was far far easier than it was a month ago.

Comment

• Question for you all: is it typical to be able to deadlift more than you can back squat when starting weight lifting? Husband was wondering. I answered that it probably depends on the person and how their body is fitness-wise at the start. For me, it's true. My deadlift is about 2x my back squat, and front squat is a bit more than back squat.

Rich, I missed your 505 dl on January 1st! Congrats man! You can dl about 3.6x of me .
                  Last edited by namelesswonder; 01-07-2015, 07:19 AM.
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    Question for you all: is it typical to be able to deadlift more than you can back squat when starting weight lifting? Husband was wondering.
                    Pretty typical, unless maybe they've only ever squatted pretty heavy but have never deadlifted ever. My deadlift tracks pretty consistently at a little over 100 pounds more than my squat.

Comment

Question for you all: is it typical to be able to deadlift more than you can back squat when starting weight lifting? Husband was wondering. I answered that it probably depends on the person and how their body is fitness-wise at the start. For me, it's true. My deadlift is about 2x my back squat, and front squat is a bit more than back squat.

Rich, I missed your 505 dl on January 1st! Congrats man! You can dl about 3.6x of me .
                      Thanks! It's only about 3.15x of myself, which is below my personal best DL:BW of 3.4x.

Mr. A is correct, as usual. Typical trainees usually can deadlift more than they squat. People with dwarfism, super heavyweight geared powerlifters, and single-arm amputees are typical exceptions. Guideline, not a rule.

What is a rule though, is that your front squat should not be more than your back squat.

You probably have a minor form issue or 2 with the back squat that we could fix up via video and have you add significant weight to the bar pretty immediately. I am sure there are plenty of posters here who would be happy to help.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

You probably have a minor form issue or 2 with the back squat that we could fix up via video and have you add significant weight to the bar pretty immediately. I am sure there are plenty of posters here who would be happy to help.
                        Does low bar or high bar really make a difference ? I know RIP preaches head down low bar, but bar on my traps head forward feels 100 times better, natural, and more safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjwashington421 View Post
                          Does low bar or high bar really make a difference ? I know RIP preaches head down low bar, but bar on my traps head forward feels 100 times better, natural, and more safe.
                          Yes, yes it does.

http://startingstrength.com/articles/squat_rippetoe.pdf

http://www.wolfstrength.com/2013/10/...-squat-debate/
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I'm gonna read those things later.

If I go to the open gym this Sunday, I'll see if I can get Hulky to take some videos for me. ~ how much reps would be helpful for assessment? 3-5?
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• I just can't seem to get comfortable squatting with low bar. I had to drop the weight like 60lbs. Should I continue to progress smoothly as is or start from scratch (SMH) with low-bar?

Comment

I'm gonna read those things later.

If I go to the open gym this Sunday, I'll see if I can get Hulky to take some videos for me. ~ how much reps would be helpful for assessment? 3-5?
                                Sets of 5 are my preference. With a weight that's heavy enough to make you work hard (form issues don't always present at easy weights), but not one you're in any danger of failing.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X