No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strength bit yesterday was overhead squats. 45lbs for me, 3 max reps. My core is not strong enough to support any more yet, just kept rocking too much.

WOD was an EMOM
    7 wall balls
    50yd run holding the wall ball
    12 min

Will wall balls ever not be the bane of my existence? I hate them so much. Every single one is a test against my willpower. Hulky kept pace with me for the last half of the minutes, which was completely appreciated.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Was a little hangovered today, my main work-out was a small nap at 1pm

Comment

• Cut down several trees, processed into 3 ft lengths, loaded in cart and pulled up steep property to where they will be split, three hours of good pushing and pulling, beats the sled in the gym any given day.
        You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• New PR's Day, 2015:

Squat: 275 x 5 x 3 (rehabbing an adductor injury, so this is only a post-tear PR)
          Bench (Touch and Go): 245 x 1, 265 x 1 (15 lb friggin PR!)
          Deadlift: 455 x 1, 505 x 1 (5 lb PR)
          Press: 170 x 1, 180 x 1 (2.5 lb PR)

The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• So you deadlifted over 500 lb, and had a press and bench press PR all in the same day? Strong work!
            In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
              So you deadlifted over 500 lb, and had a press and bench press PR all in the same day? Strong work!
              Yup. No volume (except for the squats, but they're still "light"), all intensity. It was a fun day!
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Nice! I'm getting 500 this year. I really want that 180 press, also.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                  Nice! I'm getting 500 this year. I really want that 180 press, also.
                  Hell yeah you are. Do it!
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                    New PR's Day, 2015:

Squat: 275 x 5 x 3 (rehabbing an adductor injury, so this is only a post-tear PR)

Beast Mode man!! If that's what dedication and eating BIG does I am bout to add 1000 more calories a day!

"You miss 100% of the shots you never take" - Wayne Gretzky

Comment

• Originally posted by rjwashington421 View Post
                      Beast Mode man!! If that's what dedication and eating BIG does I am bout to add 1000 more calories a day!
                      That's the formula, man.

Eat up, show up, nut up.

As long as your form and programming are decent, you'll go far. Good luck with your progress in the new year!
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        New PR's Day, 2015:

Good job man!
                        You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainer View Post
                          Good job man!
                          Thanks, brah!
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                            Yeah, I'm basically pulling horizontally straight to my face while spreading the ends of the rope apart as far as I can. There's some naturally-occurring external rotation there. I also do a lot of band pull-aparts, even on non-training days.
                            You must be pretty strong to do that with 80 pbs. I do it for about 10 lbs max.
                            I think I emphasize the external rotation portion too much.
                            Pull aparts are the bomb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lockstock View Post
                              You must be pretty strong to do that with 80 pbs. I do it for about 10 lbs max.
                              I think I emphasize the external rotation portion too much.
                              Probably just different cable weight machine setups. 80 pounds on the one I use isn't that much. For reference, triceps pushdowns on this one are pretty easy at 120+ pounds.

Comment

• Daaang, nice work Rich! Making me jealous with those PRs all over the place.

Comment

Working...
                                X