No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not doing any lifts that are painful to it. There was a reason I didn't do pullups.

Comment

• Squats: 6x5 @ 205
      OHP: 5x5 @ 100
      Cable PD: 5x5 @ 135

Comment

• Bench: 260: 5x5 + add'l 4. Speed set of 10 @ 170

Rows: 265: 5x5; finishing set of 10 @ 225

Today was tougher compared to Tuesday, which is most likely due to not being recovered enough.

Comment

• Yesterday:

Warm-up
          A few rounds of
          partner carry (Hulky on my back, about 160 lbs)
          partner wheelbarrow (I had to do a bear crawl on my turn, left forearm was hurting)

Strength
          Dumbbell snatch from a hang (Close to 35 lbs, but had to stick with 30 lbs, just got too tired)
          5:4:3:2:1

WOD
          Seven Suns, Seven Guns
          4 rounds of:
          14 reps of toes-to-bar (hanging knee raises)
          28 reps of wall ball (8 lbs)
          rest for 1 min

It was rough. I hadn't eaten enough earlier in the day. Fought off an anxiety attack during the WOD. I was very very close to quitting.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Yesterday:

Squat: 95 x 10/10/10

Bench: 145 x 5

The squats did not feel bad on my back, finally. Bench I just tried to get an idea if my 5RM. Going to be out of town now for about a week and a half then when I get back going to drop weight on everything and work back up using SS. I think that this will be best for my back to heal up and to work on getting my form back to where it used to be. I am very excited to get back and start adding weight and seeing progress again!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Yesterday:

Hammer decline press-90 x 1, 90 x1, 180 x 1, 270 x 1, 330 x 1, 330 x 1, 320 x 1, 270 x 1, 150 x 1, 150 x 1
              Dips BW only x 3 sets
              Pull Ups BW only x 4 sets
              Hammer rows- 90 x1, 180 x 1, 180 x 1
              Hammer pullovers- 90 x 1, 180 x 1, 180 x 1
              Cable pull downs- one triple drop set

Comment

• Squat: 3x5 + 2x4 @ 225
                Incline Press: 5x5 @ 130
                Deadlift: 2x5 @ 205

Comment

• Hammer Press behind neck- 90 x 1, 160 x 1, 180 x 1, 180 x 1, 180 x 1
                  Rev Hammer press- 110 x 3 sets
                  DB Lateral raise- 20's x 2 sets
                  Cable laterals x 2 sets
                  Rear flyes- 155 x 1, 145 x 1, 135 x 1

Cable curls x 4 sets
                  Hammer curls x 3 sets

Pushdowns x 3 sets
                  Rope extensions x 2 triple drop sets
                  Last edited by OldSchhool; 12-19-2014, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• I seem to have hurt my left forearm. Feels like a shin splint, but you know, in my arm. And less painful, but I can't put weight on it. I'm going to get a compression sleeve today.

Today's class

Warmup
                    75 slam balls (6 lbs)

Sandbag cleans
                    50 lbs 3x, two rounds

AMRAP 20 min, alternate every rep with partner
                    100 burpees (I had to do this jumping knees to outstretched arms thing because of my forearm)
                    100 sit-ups (umm and then you toss a ball to your partner? we did 10 lbs)
                    100 thrusters (10 lbs, we only got to 62 before running out of time)
                    And then we were supposed to do a 100 sec plank hold down on our forearms
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      I seem to have hurt my left forearm. Feels like a shin splint, but you know, in my arm. And less painful, but I can't put weight on it. I'm going to get a compression sleeve today.

Today's class

Warmup
                      75 slam balls (6 lbs)

Sandbag cleans
                      50 lbs 3x, two rounds

AMRAP 20 min, alternate every rep with partner
                      100 burpees (I had to do this jumping knees to outstretched arms thing because of my forearm)
                      100 sit-ups (umm and then you toss a ball to your partner? we did 10 lbs)
                      100 thrusters (10 lbs, we only got to 62 before running out of time)
                      And then we were supposed to do a 100 sec plank hold down on our forearms
                      Sounds like tendinosis. Often imprecisely referred to as tendinitis. Where does it hurt?
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• It's feeling better now, oddly enough. It had been hurting a bit during workouts all week (I chalked it up to weakness), but then hurt all day yesterday and this morning before the workout started.

The pain is um... If I put my forearm on my desk, the resting area is where it hurts (except, deeper inside). It tingles/spreads down to my elbow sometimes (like after the WOD today, probably from throwing the wall ball).

The compression sleeves are too big for my scrawny forearms hahaha
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          It's feeling better now, oddly enough. It had been hurting a bit during workouts all week (I chalked it up to weakness), but then hurt all day yesterday and this morning before the workout started.

The pain is um... If I put my forearm on my desk, the resting area is where it hurts (except, deeper inside). It tingles/spreads down to my elbow sometimes (like after the WOD today, probably from throwing the wall ball).

The compression sleeves are too big for my scrawny forearms hahaha
                          Is it a headache-like pain?
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• No, I don't think so. Today, if grab my arm and massage it, it's only in the middle area (from elbow to wrist) and is just kind of like deep soreness.
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 6, week 3 (5/3/1, 8/6/3, (Press/Deadlift)

Repeat from a month ago. Failed on last set of trap bar dead lifts. Will need to reset. I told myself I would switch to Olympic bar dead lifts going forward if I ever failed, so now is the time. I think I'll drop the trap bar and just do Olympic as primary and keep the snatch grip as an accessory.

I was happy to have nailed the press with 4 reps on the last set. That is an area where I was struggling, so feels good.

5/3/1 programmed main exercises (5/3/1 week):
                              Overhead press - pyramid 5x95# 3x110# 4x120# 3x110# 10x95#
                              Trap bar dead lift - 3x275# 3x315# 320# fail

8/6/3 programmed exercises (8/6/3 week):
                              Hammer pull-downs 8x190# 6x200# 3x215# 190# with 20 sec. rest/pause 10-4-2 reps
                              Snatch grip dead lifts 8x195# 6x225# 5x235#

Other exercises
                              Squats 2x10x135#

Comment

• A custom 8/5/3 program for the squat, deadlift, bench, and OH press! With lots of pulling accessory work

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X