Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Squat: 310: 5x5, (+ add'l set of 4)
    BB Calf: 365, 385, 405 (10 reps each)
    Ab/Adduction: 3x10

    Today was much better for squats than last week when I had to resort to sets of 3.

    Comment


    • Awww sweeet tomorrow is deadlifts. I have limited time for a CrossFit class for the rest of the week, so I'm going to make the noon class work. I am prepared to return to work sweaty and gross, but thoroughly happy.

      Hoping to break 95 lbs (my first attempt max).
      Depression Lies

      Comment


      • Bench day at the gym!

        Squat:5x65 5x75 5x85

        5/3/1 Bench:
        3x50
        3x55
        8x62,5

        Joker sets:
        3x65
        3x67,5
        3x70

        Backoff sets:
        5x10 @ 50kg

        Pullups between every set.

        deadhang: 20, 20, 35

        Reverse db curl / hammer curl: 5/5, 5/3
        lat pulldown: 10x25 8x50

        After that my arms were jelly, so I called it a day.

        Comment


        • Warmup
          25 yd soldier march
          25 yd broad jump
          25 yd bear crawl
          25 yd crab walk
          25 reps of kettlebell swing (25 lbs)

          16 reps of deadlift
          [10 reps to warm up. Then 3 sets of very heavy 2's]
          Max was 110 lbs, which makes that a PR since my first ever deadlift max was only 95. Just about 25 more lbs till I am lifting my body weight!

          Krannie:
          50-40-30-20-10 reps of:
          kettlebell swing (Russian) at 20 lbs (my shoulders were burning by the end of this)
          leg raises (had to keep my knees bent)
          Depression Lies

          Comment


          • Great job nameless! You are on your way

            Weighte chins
            Hammer rows
            DB curls
            Barbell curls
            10 minutes of bike intervals

            Comment


            • How long will it take me to get to a 135 lb deadlift? hahah I guess that depends on how often I work on it, huh.
              Depression Lies

              Comment


              • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                How long will it take me to get to a 135 lb deadlift? hahah I guess that depends on how often I work on it, huh.
                I bet Rich could get you there in 3 weeks.

                Today;

                Bench: 260: 4 tough sets of 5 reps + 3 add'l sets of 3; Speed from chest with 170 x 10.
                Pendlay Rows: 265: 5x5; finishing set of 225x10.
                OHP: Sets of 5: 150, 155, 160, 165, 165

                Comment


                • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  How long will it take me to get to a 135 lb deadlift? hahah I guess that depends on how often I work on it, huh.
                  They have you pulling max deadlifts already? A Starting Strength-like program would have you doing sets of 5. I bet you can 5-rep 95 no problem. Every other workout (3 workouts/week) you'd add 5 lbs (might be able to get away with a few 10 lb jumps), but that means you'd have, at most, 5 and a half weeks until you pulled 135 for a set of 5. But if you managed a couple 10 lb jumps, you could shave it down to about 3. I'd have to see your pulls to guess.
                  Last edited by RichMahogany; 12-11-2014, 08:31 PM.
                  The Champagne of Beards

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    Just about 25 more lbs till I am lifting my body weight!
                    Fact: you are strong!


                    Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

                    Comment


                    • Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 6, week 1 (5/5/5, 8/8/8), (Press/Deadlift)

                      Repeat from a month ago.

                      5/3/1 programmed main exercises (3/3/3 week):
                      Overhead press - pyramid 3x90# 3x100# 3x115# 3x100# 10x90#
                      Trap bar dead lift - 3x250# 3x295# 54x320#

                      8/6/3 programmed exercises (8/8/8 week):
                      Hammer pull-downs 8x165# 8x190# 8x200# 165# with 20 sec. rest/pause 13-7-3 reps
                      Snatch grip dead lifts 8x185# 8x200# 8x225#

                      Other exercises
                      Squats 10x135#

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        They have you pulling max deadlifts already? A Starting Strength-like program would have you doing sets of 5. I bet you can 5-rep 95 no problem. Every other workout (3 workouts/week) you'd add 5 lbs (might be able to get away with a few 10 lb jumps), but that means you'd have, at most, 5 and a half weeks until you pulled 135 for a set of 5. But if you managed a couple 10 lb jumps, you could shave it down to about 3. I'd have to see your pulls to guess.
                        Well each (CrossFit) class is a mix of people at different levels and we all do the same things. I'm not lifting outside of my 3x weekly classes. Yesterday was not supposed to be max, but since I'm just starting, I don't really know what my max is. It was just supposed to be "really heavy", but not really pushing it for the last few sets. I stayed at the same weight for several of the sets to be sure I was comfortable with the weight.

                        Yeah, I could definitely 5-rep 95. I did 2x 110 yesterday, but felt a little trembley. I am told my form is good and everything feels good when I do them. I will post form videos someday for fun, but that will have to wait until I have time to do the open gym sessions on Sundays (not for a few weeks probably).

                        So if I'm working on the deadlift infrequently, but still working on strength 3x weekly, it sounds like it will take at least a few months. I can live with that.
                        Depression Lies

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                          Fact: you are strong!


                          Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                          Haha thanks! I don't feel like I am. Does one ever?

                          I hope I make friends at CrossFit because there are not enough people in my life who can really appreciate my strength-related accomplishments (you know, just to be able to nerd it up). I have a new co-worker who is great to work with, but has some unfortunately limited views on women and weight-lifting. Him: "You lift?! But you'll get all bulky and huge!" Me: "Not really, it's really difficult for most women to do that without supplements or steroids." Him: "No, you'll get huge!" Me (giving up): "Well, I guess I'll just have to compete!"
                          Depression Lies

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            Well each (CrossFit) class is a mix of people at different levels and we all do the same things. I'm not lifting outside of my 3x weekly classes. Yesterday was not supposed to be max, but since I'm just starting, I don't really know what my max is. It was just supposed to be "really heavy", but not really pushing it for the last few sets. I stayed at the same weight for several of the sets to be sure I was comfortable with the weight.

                            Yeah, I could definitely 5-rep 95. I did 2x 110 yesterday, but felt a little trembley. I am told my form is good and everything feels good when I do them. I will post form videos someday for fun, but that will have to wait until I have time to do the open gym sessions on Sundays (not for a few weeks probably).

                            So if I'm working on the deadlift infrequently, but still working on strength 3x weekly, it sounds like it will take at least a few months. I can live with that.
                            Right. It will take a lot longer if you're trying to increase 1,478.2 physical attributes simultaneously than if you were doing programmed strength training. 135 shouldn't take you too long regardless, because the novice effect should take you damn near there in any case. If you had your heart set on pulling 2 or 2.5x bw, CrossFit alone might not ever take you there. Then again, if you have some other things going for you, it might.
                            The Champagne of Beards

                            Comment


                            • Moving on up slowly but surely...

                              Squat: 5x5 @ 200
                              OHP: 5x5 @ 95
                              Cable pull-down: 5x5 @ 135
                              Leg raise: 3x10 unweighted

                              Comment


                              • Thanks Rich, I really appreciate the feedback. I'll keep rambling to you guys . For now, CrossFit is a good fit for my goals and for the on-hand guidance at every class. I want to stick with it for at least 3 months and then reassess my goals. Long-term, I do think I'd want to just go lift in a gym because at the very least, it's a hell of a lot cheaper. 3 months will still be the longest I've ever stuck with some kind of exercise that isn't just biking to work 3-4 times a week and I'm having a lot more fun with this.
                                Depression Lies

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X