What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    No. Most folks don't ever make any progress at all. Some people don't let the holidays interfere with their goals. Some people are in-between. Here's an article I've posted before that I find myself reading over and over this time of year:

T Nation | Merry Christmas, Bob
    Now I'm feeling guilty. My challenge is that I've become completely dependent on the company gym, and with holiday shutdowns I'm out. I have some stuff at home, but not enough plates, but I could buy more plates if I was really committed...

Comment

• Squatz, Barbell Calf Raises, Ab/Ad-duction work, and stretching.

Comment

• Squat: 5x5 @ 185
        OHP: 5x5 @ 85
        Cable Pull-down: 5x5 @130

Comment

• 100 pushups and 50 chinups. Keeping it real, fun and simple. Tonight = deadlifts. Just deadlifts. 5 x 5 or extra sets if I have the energy for it. Any weight over 200 is good enough. I just gotta do it.
          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

• 531 C2W1D2

Squat:
            5x65
            5x75
            5x85

Bench:
            5x45
            5x52,5
            11x60

Jokerset:
            5x65

Rule of 50:
            17x45
            12x45
            11x45
            10x45
            = 50 reps

Neutral grip pullups
            5 5 5 4 4

Neutral grip hang
            30 seconds
            30 seconds

Comment

• Push jerk
              5:5:5:3:3:3
              Started at 25 lbs, worked up to 55 lbs. I like the jerk movements.

8 minute AMRAP of:
              10 reps of handstand push-up (did 5 wall-crawls instead)
              20 reps of toes-to-bar (did 10 toes-to-knees and some deadhang)
              30 reps of kettlebell sumo deadlift high pull (20 lbs)

I did almost 2 rounds, only got through 18 kb sumo deadlifts before we ran out of time. I like AMRAP, but I didn't really like that WOD. It was challenging, but I somehow felt bored. Might be the coach, I didn't like the last class I had with her either.
              Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                Push jerk
                5:5:5:3:3:3
                Started at 25 lbs, worked up to 55 lbs. I like the jerk movements.

8 minute AMRAP of:
                10 reps of handstand push-up (did 5 wall-crawls instead)
                20 reps of toes-to-bar (did 10 toes-to-knees and some deadhang)
                30 reps of kettlebell sumo deadlift high pull (20 lbs)

I did almost 2 rounds, only got through 18 kb sumo deadlifts before we ran out of time. I like AMRAP, but I didn't really like that WOD. It was challenging, but I somehow felt bored. Might be the coach, I didn't like the last class I had with her either.
                After Dips and Chins, Wall crawls are my favorite BW exercise !

Comment

• Squat day today. Coming off of ab poo it a 2 week span of no lifting, and the week before that only doing super light squats to help heal whatever I did to my back. I stayed fairly light today and it felt fine, a little tight on the highest set. Pretty sore now, but I think it is ok.

Squat: (after a LOT of warm up sets)
                  115 x 5
                  145 x 5
                  165 x 5
                  145 x 5
                  115 x 10

Then some random ab stuff and curls, just for fun. Legs were pretty tight after not squatting in several weeks.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 6, week 1 (5/5/5, 8/8/8), (Press/Deadlift)

Today was mind over matter. After a two week break I repeated 5/5/5 for the same cycle. The toughest was the last set of the trap bar dead lifts with three 45# plates on each side (315#). After the first rep I didn't think I would get the second, but I tried, and tried. Amazingly, I was able to get up all 5 reps. The last was the hardest thing I've done in years.

5/3/1 programmed main exercises (5/5/5 week):
                    Overhead press - pyramid 5x85# 5x95# 5x110# 5x95# 8x85#
                    Trap bar dead lift - 5x240# 5x275# 5x315#

8/6/3 programmed exercises (8/8/8 week):
                    Hammer pull-downs 8x155# 8x180# 8x190# 155# with 20 sec. rest/pause 15-6-5 reps

Other exercises
                    Squats 2x10x155#

Comment

• Bench stuff, row stuff, OHP stuff.

Good times.

Comment

• Just plain evil:

80 double unders
                        60 air squats
                        40 overhead walking lunges
                        20 handstand pushups
                        40 overhead walking lunges
                        60 air squats
                        80 double unders

With major modifications for me....my legs are toast and jelly.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                        "Locked up inside you like the calm beneath castles is a cavern of treasures that no one has been to....let's go digging" ~ Maynard James Keenan

I am Angela, Southern Fried Primal... http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread106998.html

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                          After Dips and Chins, Wall crawls are my favorite BW exercise !
                          Man I was fine with wall crawls last year when I decided I wanted to practice hand stands. I slacked off on it though and after I moved this August, I didn't have access to a pull-up bar anymore. On Wednesday, I couldn't even walk my hands in towards the wall at all, it was all about support my legs going up. My upper body really needs some work! I might use the open gym sessions on Sundays at my CrossFit box for that.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Squat: 2x5 @ 185; 4x5 @ 190
                            BB Row: 5x5 @ 100
                            Incline Press: 5x5 @ 115

Comment

• Originally posted by miata View Post
                              Today was mind over matter. After a two week break I repeated 5/5/5 for the same cycle. The toughest was the last set of the trap bar dead lifts with three 45# plates on each side (315#). After the first rep I didn't think I would get the second, but I tried, and tried. Amazingly, I was able to get up all 5 reps. The last was the hardest thing I've done in years.

5/3/1 programmed main exercises (5/5/5 week):
                              • Overhead press - pyramid 5x85# 5x95# 5x110# 5x95# 8x85#
                              • Trap bar dead lift - 5x240# 5x275# 5x315#

8/6/3 programmed exercises (8/8/8 week):
                              • Hammer pull-downs 8x155# 8x180# 8x190# 155# with 20 sec. rest/pause 15-6-5 reps

Other exercises
                              • Squats 2x10x155#
                              Maybe the trap bars were so hard because you were actually lifting 10lbs more than you thought? I think those weigh about 55lbs, vs 45 for a regular bar.

Comment

• Originally posted by DannyP View Post
                                Maybe the trap bars were so hard because you were actually lifting 10lbs more than you thought? I think those weigh about 55lbs, vs 45 for a regular bar.
                                Hmm. The one I ordered from Amazon for personal use was 45 pounds. I just assumed they all were. Now I'll have to check, but I've lifted 330 (or 340?) for 3 reps in the past -- and wasn't near that hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X