No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for you all (since this seems to be a good catch-all thread): If you happen to get sick, do you wait until you're totally recovered to resume some kind of exercise? Or if, say, you have a cold, you just wait until your energy is stable and you can breathe through your nose?

I'm probably going to wait until tomorrow anyway, but I think I'll probably be close to 80% at that point, as opposed to the 70% today (I can breathe through one nostril, have a light cough, energy feels okay after getting 10 hrs of sleep last night but not sure how I'll feel by the end of the day). I imagine if I go to CrossFit tomorrow, I just won't push it as much as I might normally.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Unless I feel like death and know it'll be pointless, I at least go in and get started, then evaluate. I can usually finish a workout, or at least get most of it done, as long as I'm not just wrecked.

Comment

• Squat: 285 x 10 x 3
        Bench: 175 x 10,10,16
        Weighted Chins: +120 x 1 (PR), +100 x 2 x 2
        Curls. Too many to even write. So many curls.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          Squat: 285 x 10 x 3
          Bench: 175 x 10,10,16
          Weighted Chins: +120 x 1 (PR), +100 x 2 x 2
          Curls. Too many to even write. So many curls.
          Nice work, especially on the chinup PR. That was close to my max when I was training weighted pullups more frequently. I did 90x4 recently so I think I might could still get it. I want to increase my reps and grip endurance now for American Ninja Warrior :-)

Comment

• Leg day;

Warm-up; 15 minutes on bicycle including 5 X 30 second standing sprints on heavy gears

Leg extensions 3 X 15, building up to full stack on last set

3 sets of leg extensions in superset with leg press, leg extensions full stack X 10 - 15 reps and leg press starting with 16 plates X 30 reps, then a set of 18 plates X 40 reps finishing with a set of 20 plates (950 pound + platform) X 45 – 55 reps

Standing heel raises, full stack X 2 X 20 - 25
            Heel raises on leg press in tri-set with sitting heel raises and standing heel raises; 950 pound on leg press machine, 202 pound on sitting and full stack on standing; 2 X 30/15/15-20

Reverse hack squat; 6 - 8 plates X 3 X 12-15
            Sumo good morning, 200 pound, in superset with lying leg curls: 3 X 12-15 on both exercises
            Reverse hyperextensions 3 X 25
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              Question for you all (since this seems to be a good catch-all thread): If you happen to get sick, do you wait until you're totally recovered to resume some kind of exercise? Or if, say, you have a cold, you just wait until your energy is stable and you can breathe through your nose?

I'm probably going to wait until tomorrow anyway, but I think I'll probably be close to 80% at that point, as opposed to the 70% today (I can breathe through one nostril, have a light cough, energy feels okay after getting 10 hrs of sleep last night but not sure how I'll feel by the end of the day). I imagine if I go to CrossFit tomorrow, I just won't push it as much as I might normally.
              I agree with mr A. However I also evaluate whether or not I can infect other people. If I'm hacking and coughing I either stay home or go when no one else is there.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• 1RM bench tested yesterday. Got 160lbs!!

Comment

• I went out and swept a large part of our yard at work, gravel and sand off the asphalt. Big stiff bristle push broom. Jesus you can kill yourself with this thing if you really push it! I can't believe the pump my arms and shoulders have right now. I think if I'm bored and looking to get some exercise in during the day, I'll grab a broom and give 'er outside, even if it doesn't need sweeping!

Oh, I guess this is supposed to be actual exercise.

Pullups: 10 sets of 4
                  Pushups: 10 sets of 10

Baby steps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bane View Post
                    I went out and swept a large part of our yard at work, gravel and sand off the asphalt. Big stiff bristle push broom. Jesus you can kill yourself with this thing if you really push it! I can't believe the pump my arms and shoulders have right now. I think if I'm bored and looking to get some exercise in during the day, I'll grab a broom and give 'er outside, even if it doesn't need sweeping!

Oh, I guess this is supposed to be actual exercise.

Pullups: 10 sets of 4
                    Pushups: 10 sets of 10

Baby steps.
                    Baby steps or not that's some good pushup volume.

Richard
                    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• No one cared about my bench PR so I'll go ahead and post my squat PR. 275. Just a conservative test of 1RMs this week. I know I had 285 in me and maybe a grindy 295 as well. 3-hundo is around the corner!

In other news, where's Rev?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
                        Leg day;

Warm-up; 15 minutes on bicycle including 5 X 30 second standing sprints on heavy gears

Leg extensions 3 X 15, building up to full stack on last set

3 sets of leg extensions in superset with leg press, leg extensions full stack X 10 - 15 reps and leg press starting with 16 plates X 30 reps, then a set of 18 plates X 40 reps finishing with a set of 20 plates (950 pound + platform) X 45 – 55 reps

Standing heel raises, full stack X 2 X 20 - 25
                        Heel raises on leg press in tri-set with sitting heel raises and standing heel raises; 950 pound on leg press machine, 202 pound on sitting and full stack on standing; 2 X 30/15/15-20

Reverse hack squat; 6 - 8 plates X 3 X 12-15
                        Sumo good morning, 200 pound, in superset with lying leg curls: 3 X 12-15 on both exercises
                        Reverse hyperextensions 3 X 25
                        You are just a monster buddy !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                          No one cared about my bench PR so I'll go ahead and post my squat PR. 275. Just a conservative test of 1RMs this week. I know I had 285 in me and maybe a grindy 295 as well. 3-hundo is around the corner!

In other news, where's Rev?
                          We care, we just feel emasculated!
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Squat day in the heavy week of 5/3/1:

5X72,5kg
                            3X80kg
                            6x90kg

joker sets:
                            1x95kg
                            1x100kg
                            1x105kg
                            1x110kg

first set last: 12x72,5kg

Followed by 5x10 in one arm pushup progression and rows, and just some pyramid work on the lat pulldown (to see if I could do it painfree, since I can't really do pullups ATM)

I guess the 1x110 is actually an alltime unbelted max for me. Decent for not having done the exersize for a year.

Comment

• Seeing as no one mentioned anything I will go ahead and say for a gal that's freaking stout!!!! I personally never seen any of the ladies at my gym bench anything beyond the bar with a couple of 5's maybe 10's, and to boot there are lots of dudes who cant even push up 135

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
                                I agree with mr A. However I also evaluate whether or not I can infect other people. If I'm hacking and coughing I either stay home or go when no one else is there.
                                Energy-wise I feel okay, but I'm still blowing my nose a lot and coughing a bit. I don't think I'm contagious, but I don't fancy having to stop a workout to deal with those symptoms. I'll go to the only class on Friday, at 9:30 AM, and maybe Saturday too .
                                Depression Lies

Comment

Working...
                                X