What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
    Daaaaaaaaamn. I feel like some weights with a "4" at the front will be rekt shortly.
    According to the Wendler formula, I'm good for 466 and change for a single. According to my own personal experience, 437.5's my true limit (I can typically rep 80% for 10). So yeah, I think it's safe to say my 1RM's in the 4's. Finally. Think it was a mental barrier I broke through when I hit 400 at the meet, plus the weight gain (a big fat 161.5 now).

Just trying my damnedest to stay ahead of you, brother.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
      Just trying my damnedest to stay ahead of you, brother.
      Haha, you've got that covered. Your drive to keep improving is top-notch. I'll always have m'power cleans, though.
      In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
        Haha, you've got that covered. Your drive to keep improving is top-notch. I'll always have m'power cleans, though.
        Yeah, you've got me on the power cleans, no doubt.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Rich, have you had any use for heavy walk-outs using weight well above your 1RM?

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
            Rich, have you had any use for heavy walk-outs using weight well above your 1RM?
            Haven't tried them, Wayland. Have you had success with them helping to improve your squats?
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• My workout today is going to be 4 games of sand volleyball. Outdoor November volleyball is one of the advantages of living in the south. I use these rec sports days as an active rest and test day. How is my vertical jump responding to squats? How is my sprinting and endurance in soccer and flag football? Presumably a good cardio workout as well since I hate to run.

Comment

• I've noticed that when I do a heavy walk out before my work sets that the work set feels much more conquerable. Plus, it's cool that the body will adapt to even a simple thing like a heavy walk out to the point that 400 on the bar feels relatively comfortable now.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
                  I've noticed that when I do a heavy walk out before my work sets that the work set feels much more conquerable. Plus, it's cool that the body will adapt to even a simple thing like a heavy walk out to the point that 400 on the bar feels relatively comfortable now.
                  400 feels like a billion tons to me. Maybe if I walked out 500 a few times it wouldn't. But I think I have the mental part of "just because it feels heavy doesn't mean it's not gonna come back up" worked out. I think.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• How about 1000+ lbs worth of partial lockout squats? lol

http://www.powerfultrainingsecrets.c...%20PM_0002.jpg

Comment

• Yeah, it's a lot of weight to hold on your back. The question is what is it doing for him that squatting heavier and heavier weight can't? I'm not sure one way or another. If anything, I think it's psychological, that it makes a "heavy" weight that one can squat feel "light"
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Aquajogging (deep water with belt) with sprints. First time for about a year. Pretty exhausting...but I would also say it is some kind of resistance training. If not, I do not care, it was fun

Comment

• Friday's workout was
                          -horizontal rock climbing wall for warm-up
                          -3x5 reps of dumbbell snatch (20 lbs)
                          -WOD: 9-7-5 reps of squat snatch (25 lbs), with 18 ring rows and 9 burpees between each set

And now I have a cold so I might not go to CrossFit tomorrow
                          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                            -WOD: 9-7-5 reps of squat snatch (25 lbs), with 18 ring rows and 9 burpees between each set
                            (
                            Amanda? Great, great, great test. Are you using a trainer var with 5s? or dumbbells? 18 rows and 9 burpees? OUCH!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post
                              Amanda? Great, great, great test. Are you using a trainer var with 5s? or dumbbells? 18 rows and 9 burpees? OUCH!
                              Not sure what you're asking about the barbell. I used two steel 5 lb plates on the 15 lb bar. We could have used dumbbells and alternated sides, but we'd just done that for the strength portion and my left shoulder was hurting a little (20 lbs on that side was a little too much, but it felt better by the end). I could definitely do more weight on a bar, but not for that many reps and my overhead squat is kinda wobbly.

Yeah if I'd done a proper Amanda, it would have been 9 muscle-ups. They had a bunch of modifications but they were all 2:1 variations (hence 18 ring rows and 9 burpees), aside from 9 strict pull-ups. I had to step back a few times during the ring rows and definitely slowed down the burpees at the end.
                              Depression Lies

Comment

• Dead lifts 225x10, 275x5, 315x5
                                Leg press 290 (stack press) x10x10x12
                                Single leg extensions and curls ...couple of sets per leg

Banged my knee on the way into the gym on a bar...then I tweaked it more on the press. Don't ask me how. Just felt it twinge. Annoying as hell, but I finished cuz....well just cuz right?!?! Ah well got several days till next leg workout so whatevs.

Comment

Working...
                                X