No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday was Fran (thrusters and pull-ups). I did 25 lbs for the thrusters and used ring rows for the pull-ups. No idea what my time was, I keep forgetting to check.

For strength, we did front squats. My elbows swing out too easily, which apparently makes me nearly hypermobile. I did 35-45 lbs, I think it totaled 21 reps (last 7 were with the increased weight).
    Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      Yesterday was Fran (thrusters and pull-ups).
      Did you find it fun? I did not find it fun.
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Well, normally on Thursdays I have a 5 mile trail run with friends, but the cold has been driving them away. If I can get anyone to show up I'll run, if not I think I'll just drive to the gym and do leg day a day early, and then hit biceps and back tomorrow again.

Leg Day will be:

Squat
        Front Squat
        Deadlift
        Leg Press
        Leg Curl
        Leg Extension

Comment

• Originally posted by buckry View Post
          Well, normally on Thursdays I have a 5 mile trail run with friends, but the cold has been driving them away. If I can get anyone to show up I'll run, if not I think I'll just drive to the gym and do leg day a day early, and then hit biceps and back tomorrow again.

Leg Day will be:

Squat
          Front Squat
          Deadlift
          Leg Press
          Leg Curl
          Leg Extension
          What's leg day? Isn't every day leg day?
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            Did you find it fun? I did not find it fun.
            I didn't enjoy it as much as some others, but I didn't hate it. I wouldn't say I found it fun either.

Sent from my XT1019 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
            Depression Lies

Comment

• Nearly got all 5x5 with 255 on Bench today. Afterward, did some Pendlay Rows, followed by an improvement with 5x5 OHP. Decent day overall. GAINZ!

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
                Nearly got all 5x5 with 255 on Bench today. Afterward, did some Pendlay Rows, followed by an improvement with 5x5 OHP. Decent day overall. GAINZ!
                That's a pretty beastly bench workout!

Comment

• 11/20

Squat: 350 x 9.9 (almost got the 10th rep, failed an inch from lockout, arguably, but I only count reps that are definitely good)

Press: 125 x 8,8,10

Deadlift: 435 x 5

Dips:
                  +100 x 10 (PR!)
                  +75 x 8
                  +50 x 10
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Rich, is that some center knurling I spy on that bar?

If so, in your opinion do you think it's necessary or just helpful for squats at higher weights? Keep in mind I'll be doing High bar squats.

The reason I ask is that I'm in the market for a shiny new bar. I like the center knurl for stability but not sure if I will like it for cleaning/front squats as much. I don't want to tear up my upper chest where I catch the bar in a front rack.

This guy has some "passive' center knurl.
                    Rogue Matt Chan Bar - 28.5mm Barbell - Dual Knurl Marks

Or many that have no center knurl at all. So far with intermediate squat weights (upper 200s lower 300s) it's been ok. Since you have experience with big weight does anything change?

knurl, knurl, knurl

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post
                      Rich, is that some center knurling I spy on that bar?
                      Home-made center knurling a/k/a athletic tape.

Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post
                      If so, in your opinion do you think it's necessary or just helpful for squats at higher weights? Keep in mind I'll be doing High bar squats.
                      Not necessary, just nice to have.

The reason I ask is that I'm in the market for a shiny new bar. I like the center knurl for stability but not sure if I will like it for cleaning/front squats as much. I don't want to tear up my upper chest where I catch the bar in a front rack.
                      The nicer hybrid bars have a center knurl that's softer than the outer knurls. But yeah, if oly lifting is your focus, center knurl is probably more of a pain than a help.

This guy has some "passive' center knurl.
                      Rogue Matt Chan Bar - 28.5mm Barbell - Dual Knurl Marks

Or many that have no center knurl at all. So far with intermediate squat weights (upper 200s lower 300s) it's been ok. Since you have experience with big weight does anything change?

knurl, knurl, knurl

Thoughts?
                      People really like the Chan bar, from what I've read. I think you can get by with a non-center-knurled bar though, if you're only going to have 1. Since you do a lot of cleans (I think), that's probably the way I'd go. Since cleans are a minor part of my programming, I'd probably go B&R if I had to choose a single bar. That thing really sticks to your back.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Thanks, I wish I could get my hands on one. No idea what "Passive knurl" feels like.

Comment

• I've never heard that term before. Rogue does usually have pretty good in-depth photos of the knurls on their website, not that it's the same as feeling it.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• I might be surprising the wife with a barbell this x-mass. Thinking the Ohio bar (or chan). Got a local finesses co that will sell me a good set of bumpers for cheap. Probably just under the quality of Rogues bumpers but without the $100 shipping cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post
                              I might be surprising the wife with a barbell this x-mass. Thinking the Ohio bar (or chan). Got a local finesses co that will sell me a good set of bumpers for cheap. Probably just under the quality of Rogues bumpers but without the $100 shipping cost.
                              Make sure the inserts are steel.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                                Squat: 350 x 9.9 (almost got the 10th rep, failed an inch from lockout, arguably, but I only count reps that are definitely good)

Daaaaaaaaamn. I feel like some weights with a "4" at the front will be rekt shortly.
                                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

Working...
                                X