What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump rope intervals this morning: 4 x 60:60, 4 x 30:30, Tabata
    “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Back and Biceps today, lots of constant tension partial reps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamssen View Post
        Some of today's squats and deadlifts

Nice! Garage gym?
        You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• 7 mile MTB snow ride clearing many trees off the trail from the big storm. Followed up by 3 hours of humping lumber 1/4 mile through the woods to a buddie's hunting camp in progress. Soon to be followed up by much chair lounging watching the Pats vs. Indy!
          You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainer View Post
            Nice! Garage gym?
            Yeah man! Best way to go in my opinion. Ive worked out in probably ten gyms and was an employee at two. I would MUCH rather lift in my garage than any of them.

Comment

• Back squats and snatch grip dead lift....6 working sets. That was all I could handle.

Chin, pushup, lunge progression is up to 20/day. Still relatively easy work, but I can see where this is going....

Comment

• Deads, Pendlay Rows, and Shrugs. Dunzo.

Comment

• Shoulders and forearms today, lots of quarter repping for the delts, pump felt awesome !

Comment

• Warmup
                    3 rounds of:
                    200 m row
                    10 reps of ring rollout

Army Crawl
                    15 min

death by wall balls
                    (1 wall ball in first minute, 2 in second, etc. until someone reached 20. I made it to 11 rounds, then had to start over, but we were allowed to stop when there were 3 people left, which means I did 11 rounds and then 6) about 20 min I HATE WALL BALLS
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• Squat:
                      315 x 8,8,13 (PR)

Bench:
                      195 x 6,6,12 (f)
                      Chin-ups:
                      Various with rope, fat gripz, then regular
                      Biceps:
                      Silly curl stuff with a 25# DB
                      Last edited by RichMahogany; 11-17-2014, 06:03 PM.
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        Squat:
                        315 x 8,8,13 (PR)
                        Dat willpower! And that's some nice bar speed as well.
                        In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                          Dat willpower! And that's some nice bar speed as well.
                          Thanks, man! Now I gotta stop doing all this cardio and start putting some weight on the bar.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Rich, is the purpose of the "chin down" cue to use the packed neck position to tighten the trunk?

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Squat:
                              315 x 8,8,13 (PR)

Bench:
                              195 x 6,6,12 (f)
                              Chin-ups:
                              Various with rope, fat gripz, then regular
                              Biceps:
                              Silly curl stuff with a 25# DB
                              Great effort, my back twinged watching that last rep, LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
                                Rich, is the purpose of the "chin down" cue to use the packed neck position to tighten the trunk?
                                I'm not familiar with the term "packed neck," but if you experiment with trying to drive up with the hips while a friend presses down on your lower back with both a chin-up and a chin-down position, you'll find the latter is much, much stronger. The idea is for the cervical spine to be neutral and to maximize force production. And I have a history of trying to look up, which kills my hip drive, which is why my partner always yells "chin down" at me.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X