What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by phigment View Post
    He is a she. Let's just say getting into the music closing your eyes and walking on the treadmill did not end well. Not only did I fall off of my treadmill but I fell off the neighboring one.
    oh, phiggy. hope you're back on the horse soon.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• What is your workout today?

Feeling pretty badass right now. Did back squats 215lbs for 5x5! Also did some front squats and other shenanigans that really don't matter in light of this accomplishment. 😜 So pumped!! 💪💪💪 Scared about next week though...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamssen View Post
        Thanks man!

Some Zercher Squats from today
        Dude, that place is dark like the batcave! You goin for Batman gainzzessss??? 😜

On a more serious note, are you using the box to check for depth?

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
          Feeling pretty badass right now. Did back squats 215lbs for 5x5! Also did some front squats and other shenanigans that really don't matter in light of this accomplishment. �� So pumped!! ������ Scared about next week though...
          Congrats!

I have Crossfit tonight, so will post the whole workout later/tomorrow. It's up on the website now, but I'm really hoping it changes/is wrong because I'm already incredibly intimidated.
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            Congrats!

I have Crossfit tonight, so will post the whole workout later/tomorrow. It's up on the website now, but I'm really hoping it changes/is wrong because I'm already incredibly intimidated.
            Girl, why would you look in advance? Just show up and handle bidness! 💪💪👍👍

Comment

Girl, why would you look in advance? Just show up and handle bidness! 💪💪👍👍

Haha you are so right

Sent from my XT1019 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
              Depression Lies

Comment

Dude, that place is dark like the batcave! You goin for Batman gainzzessss??? 😜

On a more serious note, are you using the box to check for depth?
                Yeah I have to figure out the lighting. I have only very rarely worked out there when its dark outside in the past. But I plan to lift out there all winter so I will have to get a lamp or something.

The crate is for depth control to control butt wink.

Comment

• Went to Crossfit this morning since I had an anxiety attack last night. I like having this as an option (showers at the box), but not sure how often I'll do that.

Today we worked on split jerks (only 25 lbs for me, worked on form). The WOD was AMRAP 3 clean & jerks, 3 burpees, then 6:6, 9:9, repeat. I didn't get to my 9 burpees, with 35 lbs. It was a good way to start the day anyway

Now time for some slow cooked chicken and a banana!
                  Depression Lies

Comment

• 5s Week Bench day:

Bench:
                    105 x 5
                    120 x 5
                    140 x 7
                    120 x 5
                    105 x 14

Dumbbell Incline Bench: 45s x 10 / 7 / 5

Seated Cable Rows: 100 x 10 / 10 / 10

Then I did some more squats to work on healing my back. I went Tuesday also and just did the high rep squats and some walking and yoga. Today I did:
                    45 x 25 65 x 25 85 x 15 My back didn't feel bad on these, it felt a little tight on the 85lbs but not horrible. Mainly my quads are sore from all these high rep squats. I think that with these and the yoga I've been doing my back is getting better.

Comment

• Squat: 350 x 3 x 5

Press: 110 x 10 x 2, 110 x 15 (AMRAP style)

Deadlift: 390 x 8 in oly shoes. I hate deadlifting in oly shoes.

Dips: +50 x 10 x 2, +0 x 21 (have a wrist injury that's holding me back a bit)

Curlz: 65 x 12, 10, 8
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 6, week 1 (3/3/3, 5/5/5), (Press/Deadlift)

Good day today. Caught up on dead lifts, so won't need to reset. That was good. Also, did 9 reps on my last set of snatch grip dead lifts -- and that felt really good.

5/3/1 programmed main exercises (3/3/3 week):
                        • Overhead press - pyramid 3x90# 3x100# 4x115# 3x100# 10x90#
                        • Trap bar dead lift - 3x260# 3x295# 3x330#

8/6/3 programmed exercises (5/5/5 week):
                        • Hammer pull-downs 5x165# 5x180# 5x190#
                        • Snatch grip dead lift 5x185# 5x210# 9x225#

Other exercises
                        • Squats 2x10x155#

Just noticed that I was doing 5/6/6 reps, on 6/6/6 week. Maybe my program is getting too complicated -- even for me.
                        Last edited by miata; 11-13-2014, 08:53 PM.

Comment

• Question for you weight lifting types: is it rude to ask someone how much they are lifting? I am honestly just curious. It is interesting to me to know what kind of weight a body can handle (and seeing what those bodies look like in action during my Crossfit classes).
                          Depression Lies

Comment

Question for you weight lifting types: is it rude to ask someone how much they are lifting? I am honestly just curious. It is interesting to me to know what kind of weight a body can handle (and seeing what those bodies look like in action during my Crossfit classes).
                            Nah. Must people are proud to tell you. Unless they're lifting really light weights.

Comment

Question for you weight lifting types: is it rude to ask someone how much they are lifting?
                              You kidding? It's my favorite question.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Question for you weight lifting types: is it rude to ask someone how much they are lifting? I am honestly just curious. It is interesting to me to know what kind of weight a body can handle (and seeing what those bodies look like in action during my Crossfit classes).
                                Like Mr. A said. It's also a great conversation starter.

Comment

Working...
                                X