What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Killed it at the gym today, if my pecs were any more pumped I fear they would have exploded.......I love that Hammer Decline Press !
    Gotta love them chesticles!
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Hammer press
      Hammer row
      DB curls
      Tri press downs

3 sets of 6-12 reps of each to tech fail with strict 1 min rest period

Comment

• Deads, rows, shrugs, tearing a lifting strap in half.

Comment

• -Warmup/foam roll
          -3x5 Box Jumps
          -Squat: 225x3, 255x3, 290x3, 320x1 (New PR), 325x1 (2nd PR of the day)
          -Paused Bench: 135x3, 160x3, 185x3, 210x3, 235x3, 265x1
          -5x5 pullups w/ 30 lbs
          -2x25 Side bends (45 lbs)
          -100 Tricep pushdowns (100 lbs)

Wrist still hurts. I'm starting to wonder if it's something worse than being sprained. Also, despite clear instructions, my spotter touched the bar on my last heavy bench rep. Ugh. It's a weight I know I can handle 2-3 times, though, so I'm not too concerned. But still; listen to directions, people!

Comment

• Today in Crossfit

CFWC: Deadlift Warmup
            20 kettlebell swings (15 lbs)
            20 pvc good morning
            20 cat & cow
            20 butt touch (stand away from the wall, touch butt back)
            20 kettlebell swings (25 lbs)

Max Effort Deadlift
            1 rep of deadlift - 95 lbs (first real deadlifts, only did 65 lbs in Foundations one week ago)

Half Cindy
            10 minute AMRAP of:
            5 reps of pull-up
            10 reps of push-up
            15 reps of air squat
            = 4 rounds plus 5 more pull-ups
            *modified pull-ups with ring-rows
            *modified push-ups with knees down & not lowering fully

I feel friggin GOOD
            Depression Lies

Comment

• Today was supposed to be 5s week squats. Trying to recover from a possible torn back muscle so I didn't do heavy weights, instead:

Squats: 45lb x 25/25/25 65 x 10 This felt like a cardio workout haha, but my back felt completely fine.

Leg Press Machine: 210 x 10/10/10

Came home and did some yoga.
              My back feels a little tight now, but during the workout it didn't hurt at all. Tomorrow is 5s week bench, after my heavy bench I'll do the 3 x 25 on squats again before my dumbbell bench and rows.

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 6, week 2 (3/3/3), Workout A (Squat/Bench)

I had to swallow my pride and drop down 20 pounds on the squat, but completed sets in good form -- going low, knees out, pulling with hams, abductors and gluts. The rest of the stuff was good. Bench felt really good.

5/3/1 programmed exercises (3/3/3 week):
                • Squats - pyramid 3x170# 3x195# 3x220 3x195# 6x170#
                • Bench press - pyramid 3x135# 3x155# 6x175# 3x155# 14x135#

8/6/3 programmed exercises (5/5/5 week):
                • Hammer rows - 5x175# 5x200# 8x215# 175# 20 sec rest pause (10x,6x, 5x)

Other exercises
                • Dumbbell inclines drop sets 10x55-10x35, 10x55-10x35, 6x55-8x35
                • Hamstring curls 10x140# 10x140#
                Last edited by miata; 11-10-2014, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• silly BS day:

Squat: 275 x 10,10,15
                  Bench: 170 x 10,10,16
                  Chin-ups: 50 lbs x 6 x 5
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Wheelbarrowing rocks up and down the homestead then 6 Mile hike up and down the mountain chasing the stag, Deer 2, me none.......
                    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                      Killed it at the gym today, if my pecs were any more pumped I fear they would have exploded.......I love that Hammer Decline Press !
                      We don't have one of these at our gym. I may have to try some of the old dumbbell decline presses that I haven't done in a long time.

Comment

• Today was suppose to be squat day, but I hurt myself on the treadmill yesterday (don't ask) so my trainer decided to do accessory work on machines to make sure that I didn't hurt my knee. He stated that it might take a couple of days for the injury to present itself. The only noticeable thing is it looks like I have road rash on my knee and my ankle is sore.
                        Last edited by phigment; 11-11-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by phigment View Post
                          Today was suppose to be squat day, but I hurt myself on the treadmill yesterday (don't ask)
                          That's impossible. You can't say something like that and stop us from asking. You did what?
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                            That's impossible. You can't say something like that and stop us from asking. You did what?
                            He bit it dude...don't make him relive the emotional anguish!

Kiddin, kinda. Good idea to relax on the moe intense stuff that day and re assess in 48 hours. Hope the pre caution is without warrant and you can get right back at it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                              Damn dude..nice heavy swings!
                              Thanks man!

Some Zercher Squats from today

Comment

• He is a she. Let's just say getting into the music closing your eyes and walking on the treadmill did not end well. Not only did I fall off of my treadmill but I fell off the neighboring one.

Comment

Working...
                                X