What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by miata View Post
    Tough day today. I fell forward on my second heaviest set of squats today. I'm not exactly sure what happened. One minute everything seemed fine and the next I'm falling forward. The barbell was caught on the stops, but I bruised my knees and cut my left hand when it hit the rack. The only thing I can think is that I've been trying to put the barbell further down on my back and also trying to go lower -- to the point of knocking the barbell against the stops. Maybe the bar just started slipping and I lost my balance.

Anyway, caught my breath and successfully completed the set -- however, decided not to go the bigger set which would have been 30 pounds heavier. I think it is time to reset for the the first time. I'll drop 20 pounds from the squat:-(

5/3/1 programmed main exercises (5/5/5 week):
    • Squats - pyramid 5x125# 3x145#(fell) 5x165# 5x170#
    • Bench press - pyramid 5x125# 5x145# 7x165# 5x145# 12x125#

8/6/3 programmed assistance exercises (8/8/8 week):
    • Hammer rows - 8x165# 8x190# 8x200# 165# 20 sec rest pause (12x, 7x, 6x)

Other assistance exercises
    • Dumbbell inclines drop sets 10x55-10x35, 8x50-8x30, 6x50-6x30
    • Hamstring curls 10x130# 10x140#
    Is that Wendler's routine your using?

Today's workout was Bench, Squats, lunges, upright rows, crunches.
    You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainer View Post
      Is that Wendler's routine your using?

Today's workout was Bench, Squats, lunges, upright rows, crunches.
      Yup. The 5/3/1 stuff is pretty standard. I have a 2-day split with press and deadlift on the other day. The bastardization is where I use a 8/6/3 variation of 5/3/1 for the rows and pull-downs. I may have taken the programming a little too far, but has worked for me for about 5 months now.

Comment

• Originally posted by miata View Post
        Yup. The 5/3/1 stuff is pretty standard. I have a 2-day split with press and deadlift on the other day. The bastardization is where I use a 8/6/3 variation of 5/3/1 for the rows and pull-downs. I may have taken the programming a little too far, but has worked for me for about 5 months now.
        How are you liking it, I was eyeballing it quite hard for awhile then chose to use my TNROL book I received as a gift instead to do something different than Brawn so I'm kind of committed?
        Last edited by Mainer; 11-04-2014, 07:06 PM.
        You'll never see the light if you're in someone else's shadow, or said another way, life is like a dog sled team, if you're not the lead dog, the scenery never changes

Comment

• Dem squats today.

310: 5,5,5,5,3,2,2 aaaaand done.
          Didn't have time for accessory work.

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 6, week 1 (5/5/5, 8/8/8), (Press/Deadlift)

Cycle 6 is going to be a killer. I could not get 5 reps on either the press or the trap bar dead lift on the big set. This is the second week to start my B routine with a couple of light sets of squats where I really focus on form and going low. Felt pretty good.

Hopefully,I'll be able to catch up next week with the 3/3/3 schedule.

5/3/1 programmed main lifts (5/5/5 week):

• Overhead press - pyramid 5x85# 5x100# 5x110# (fail) 5x100# 8x85#
            • Trap bar dead lift - 5x240# 5x275# 3x325#(fail)

8/6/3 programmed exercises (8/8/8 week):

• Hammer pull-downs 8x155# 8x180# 8x190# 155# rest/pause 12,5,3 reps (20 sec rest)
            • Snatch grip dead lift 8x170# 8x195# 8x210#

Other exercises

• Squats 10x135# 10x155#
            • RDL 10x145#

Comment

• Last night (have an injured right wrist):

Squat: 340 x 8 (PR)
              Press: 120 x 5, 120 x 5, 120 x 11 (set ended due to pain)
              DL: 425 x 6
              1-handed pushups (left-side only) 10,11,10
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• (Today is a rest/easy day ~ abs, pushups, will go for a one hour walk after work.)

Yesterday evening ~ HIIT: 1 min. high knees done between: side jump lunges, diamond pushups, side plank dips, pistol squats. Four rounds, took 26 minutes total. Did some ab splitters after HIIT. (Also did 100 kettlebell swings and tricep-focused pushups in the morning before work.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                  So, one would think that doing squats during a deload week (only 5x5 at 75%) wouldn't be that difficult, even with a broken pinkie toe.

One would be incorrect.
                  You never know the worth of the pinkie toe until it's out of commission. Stub that mutha-sucka or worse, break it, and you find out quick. Sorry man!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Teutonic lifting club.33min

Comment

• Deadlifts, step ups, shoulder press, close grip lat pull down, reverse crunches.

Comment

• Did a core workout today.

Zercher squats
                        135x10. 135x9. 135x8
                        Strict 1 min rest between sets and to tech failure

Deadlifts
                        2x275x8

Toasted

Also started that push-up, lunge, pull-up adding one rep a day for 60 days thing....hey why not! Looked like fun.

Comment

• Some of today's swings

Comment

• Originally posted by Williamssen View Post
                            Some of today's swings
                            Damn dude..nice heavy swings!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                              Chin-ups:
                              Epic fail at reverse pyramid from 14. Went 14, 13, 12, 9, a bunch of 4's and 5's and an 11 for a total of 77. Best arm pump I've ever had. Couldn't even bend my elbows enough to type for like 45 minutes afterwards.
                              Nice RM. Have you tried a W7?
                              Start at 7 working down to 1, back up to 7, down to 1 and finally back up to 7 again. That's good for a laugh
                              If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                              If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Killed it at the gym today, if my pecs were any more pumped I fear they would have exploded.......I love that Hammer Decline Press !

Comment

Working...
                                X