What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    The room was electric today. I definitely got ~20 pounds out of the lights and the crowd.

You wanted video. I should have the 400 squat shortly. Here's the 500 DL (weighed in at 146.6):

Can't see the video on my phone. Will watch from the computer in the morning. Excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Hey guys

Dardens 'BIG Routine'

Leg press
      Pullover
      Leg press
      Pullover

Leg curl

Cable lat raise
      Pulldowns
      Press-ups
      Negative pulldowns
      Negative pressups

Everything done with a 10 second positive and a 5 second negative.

Richard
      It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

The room was electric today. I definitely got ~20 pounds out of the lights and the crowd.

You wanted video. I should have the 400 squat shortly. Here's the 500 DL (weighed in at 146.6):

YOU ARE AN AMAZING SPECIMEN!! I finally got to my computer to watch the videos. Amazing...absolutely amazing. And it looked like you have a little more in the tank. It was definitely an all out effort but I think I see some more in there... GREAT work!

Comment

• Originally posted by edennperez1 View Post
          YOU ARE AN AMAZING SPECIMEN!! I finally got to my computer to watch the videos. Amazing...absolutely amazing. And it looked like you have a little more in the tank. It was definitely an all out effort but I think I see some more in there... GREAT work!
          The deadlift was very hard, but after watching it on video, I think may have had a few more pounds in me. The squat was all I had, but only because of my knees shooting forward in the hole. That's my big take-away lesson from Saturday. That I need to be disciplined about keeping tight at the bottom in the squat. My second attempt was harder than it should have been for the same reason.

In any case, thanks for the compliment. Means a lot coming from you! Turns out I took 3rd overall for the men's open division among the 8 US & Canada locations that held the Iron Fest events Saturday. So there's still room for improvement. Back to it this evening!
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• 10/27:
            Squat: 270 x 10 x 3
            Bench: 165 x 10 x 3
            Chins: +80 x 4 x 4
            Curls: 65 x 10 (just to fix my elbow tendinitis, got plenty bro-pump from the chins)
            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Here's the squat.

[/QUOTE]

Strong lift! It was the socks, brah. They make all the difference.
              In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Damn! Nice work, RM!

Comment

• Squat day and my low back was really bothering me again. Barely went for extra reps and didn't do the pyramid sets because it was so tight. Really hoping I didn't hurt something in it. I need to try conventional deadlifts with the non circular weights at the new gym, the romanian deadlifts are obviously not working out.

Squat:
                  160 x 5
                  185 x 3
                  205 x 3

Leg press machine: 200 x 10/10/10

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Here's the squat.

[/QUOTE]

Rich, this is such a great lift. You could have quit and failed but pushed through and got the big number. I tip my cap to you sir.

Comment

• Squats: 310: 5x5

Today was tough. I'll be doing this for a while.

Comment

• Traveling this week and went to the hotel gym. Good news is that I planned this to be a de-load week.

The gym didn't have any barbells, but I was able to use a combination of machines and dumbbells to get a decent, de-load workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyDamage View Post

Rich, this is such a great lift. You could have quit and failed but pushed through and got the big number. I tip my cap to you sir.
                          Thanks, Jimmy. No offense intended towards anyone, but like Eden, your praise means quite a bit.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Thanks, Jimmy. No offense intended towards anyone, but like Eden, your praise means quite a bit.
                            Not sure if this may have been directed at me, but no offense taken if it was. I've been fairly lazy about strength training since I started. If I can live the rest of my life with no pain in my back, knees, or shoulders, anything above that would just be gravy, as far as I'm concerned.
                            In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jefferson1775 View Post
                              Not sure if this may have been directed at me, but no offense taken if it was. I've been fairly lazy about strength training since I started. If I can live the rest of my life with no pain in my back, knees, or shoulders, anything above that would just be gravy, as far as I'm concerned.
                              Whoa whoa whoa, no way dude. It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but you're one of the ones around here who understand what it takes to get strong. Jeeze man. Don't be cray cray!
                              Last edited by RichMahogany; 10-29-2014, 08:30 PM.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Crap, Jefferson, I follow your log and have "watched" you go from not-so-strong to quite-friggin-strong. You're one of the dudes whose lifting motivates me to push through when a set or 3 of squats feels too heavy. It's weighing heavy (see what I did there) on me that you think I don't respect your opinion, dude. We may disagree on some geo-socio-political-philosophical sorts of things, but hell, man. You're one of the dudes around here who "gets it" when it comes to training, in my eyes.
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X