No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy crap those are some big squats. I went 315x2 yesterday before my 5x5. And that was freaking heavy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
      Holy crap those are some big squats. I went 315x2 yesterday before my 5x5. And that was freaking heavy.
      Once you're over your own bodyweight, it's all effing heavy. I just keep trying to think "Well, it's only 5lb more than last time."

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
        Once you're over your own bodyweight, it's all effing heavy. I just keep trying to think "Well, it's only 5lb more than last time."
        I've had many one-sided conversations with a 5-lb plate. They go like this "Your tiny little ass isn't going to stop me from getting my reps." I literally pick it up and feel it and ask myself if this little thing can stop me. Sometimes it does, but less so when I'm convinced it won't.
        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• What is your workout today?

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          I've had many one-sided conversations with a 5-lb plate. They go like this "Your tiny little ass isn't going to stop me from getting my reps." I literally pick it up and feel it and ask myself if this little thing can stop me. Sometimes it does, but less so when I'm convinced it won't.
          You need to change your idiom, bro.

"I command your tiny little ass to rise, muthaf**ka!!!"

Comment

• My problems seem to stem from when the 5 lb. dude brings his twin along.

Little bastards!

Comment

• Originally posted by onthepath View Post
              My problems seem to stem from when the 5 lb. dude brings his twin along.

Little bastards!
              So get 2.5's. Or 1.25's. Or 0.675's. Progress is progress. If you can add 1 lb a week to a lift, that's 52 lbs in a year. I'd kick a puppy and promise never to eat ice cream again if I could put 50 lbs on any of my core lifts in a year. Even if the puppy was cute, and ever chocolate peanut butter cup ice cream.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                Same here. It helps put things in perspective.
                In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

• Just come of a block of 12hr night shifts and only had a few hours sleep today so decided to do volume over weight. Still managed some 540lb leg presses though so felt pretty pleased.

Comment

• Squats: 300: 5x5; AB/ADduction work; Stretching/Mobility

Comment

• Pulldowns- 110x 10, 130 x 8, 150 x 7, 160 x Drop set.
                      Hammer Rows- 130 x 8, 240 x 5, 220 x 5.
                      T Bar Row- 45 x 10, 90 x 8
                      Low Pulley Row- 150 x 8, 130 x 7, 100 x 10, 809 x 14.
                      Shrugs with 4 sec hold on each rep- 65lb DB's x 1 set
                      Hammer Pullover with static holds in stretch position- 90 x 1 set.

Biceps.

Comment

• Clay pigeon shooting with 12 ga., 2 boxes of shells
                        Taking dog for walk, working on quartering for pheasant season

Comment

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
                          Low Pulley Row- 150 x 8, 130 x 7, 100 x 10, 809 x 14.
                          That last set is pretty impressive.

Must be the good, healthy BC living.

Comment

• Press:
                            65x5
                            75x5
                            85x8
                            75x5
                            65x10

Romanian deadlift:
                            140x5
                            170x5
                            190x8
                            (grip was definitely the limiting factor here. Old gym had chalk, no chalk at the new gym so grip strength is lagging a bit)

Dips: BW x 10/10/10

Pull-Ups: BW x 10/10/10 had to rest pause the last set

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Squat:

380 x 2
                              365 x 2
                              365 x 2
                              365 x 2

Bench:

225 x 5 x 3 (not a PR per se, but best 3 x 5 I've ever done by a long shot)

Deadlift:

465 x 4 (PR!)
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Flat DB press- 95's x 6, 95's x 2 ( Couldn't believe how quickly my strength dropped off !), 80's x 5
                                Hammer decline- 90 x 15, 180 x 8, 230 x 6, 230 x 4
                                Seated Hammer- 230 x partials, 180 x partials, 90 x 10 + 2 partials, 90 x 8
                                Crossovers- 60 x 10, 60 x 7
                                Cable squeeze ins- super-setted with assisted dips x 3 sets

Lots of forearm work.

Comment

Working...
                                X