• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by OldSchhool View Post
    Have a great time on the cruise !
    No doubt .... Thanks

Comment

• I was interested in the article that Mark posted this past week on Heart Rate Variability. Looking around for heart rate moitors, I stumbled on this iPhone app that seems to work quite well for recording HRV (it's only my first day with it). Check out this four-dollar HRV app that uses the iPhone’s camera and flash LED to perform the readings. No expensive heart rate monitor required! I found this after searching the web. It looks to be complete enough to achieve what Mark is talking about in the article above. I have no affiliation or relationship with the creator of the app.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/came...0316?ls=1&mt=8
      Began Primal Living: 25 Sep 2012
      Starting Weight: 82kg (180 lbs) - Lost 30 lbs since going Primal!

"I do not eat enough carbs to justify eating low-fat."
      "Have some bread with your bread, pasta, bread, and HFCS." - Unicorn
      "I also walk my dog twice a day now instead of paying someone else to do it." - IronGirl
      "Tell me you're not weak minded enough to be outsmarted by a donut?" - not on the rug

Comment

• Started back to 5/3/1 today. I am going to try the pyramid set up and I picked 3 assistance exercises for each day. Also combining press and deadlift day to fit it all in 3 days a week. Today:

Squat:
        140x5
        165x5
        185x8
        165x5
        140x12

Leg Press Machine:
        180 x 10/10/10

Back Extensions:
        BW x 12/12/12

Leg Raises:
        BW x 12/12/12

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by ColeTrain View Post
          Started back to 5/3/1 today. I am going to try the pyramid set up and I picked 3 assistance exercises for each day. Also combining press and deadlift day to fit it all in 3 days a week. Today:

Squat:
          140x5
          165x5
          185x8
          165x5
          140x12

I'm really liking 5/3/1 with pyramids. BTW, looking pretty strong on the squats with those reps. How much do you rest between the squat sets?

Comment

• Today was bench press day, volume week, on the Periodization Bible. OMG, upper body, I said I was sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by miata View Post
              I'm really liking 5/3/1 with pyramids. BTW, looking pretty strong on the squats with those reps. How much do you rest between the squat sets?
              Thanks man. I really liked the pyramid set up too, I think I'll enjoy it. I wanted a few more reps but im happy with it considering monday and tuesday I had some stomach bug and barely ate or moved either day, and lost a couple of pounds. Wednesday wasn't much better either. Feeling better today though.

I don't time rests, I rest as long as it takes to take off my weights, put on my wife's, let her do her set then put mine back on. I would guess around 3 minutes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Jump rope intervals: 4 x 60:60, 4 x 30:30, 8 x 20:20

HR at completion: 151 bpm
                HR at +2 min: 115 bpm
                HR at +5 min: 84 bpm
                HR at +10 min: 77 bpm
                “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Bench:
                  105 x 5
                  120 x 5
                  135 x 9
                  120 x 5
                  105 x 13

Incline dumbbell bench: 40s x 10/10/6

1 Arm dumbbell row: 40 x 20/20 (had to rest pause the second set to get 20)

tricep pushdown: 65 x 10/10/10

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 5, week 3 (repeat 5/5/5), Workout A

Bummer. Started feeling pain where I cracked a couple of ribs a year ago starting about 24 hours after my dead lift routine last Thursday. This has happened before and usually goes away in a few days. Anyway, this kept me back -- especially on the bench and dumbbell inclines, but I was able to squeak out the minimum reps and even did pyramids for squats and bench.

I was supposed to do 5/3/1 this week, but modified my schedule so that I de-load week in two weeks when I am traveling on business.

I introduced 8/6/3 for the Hammer rows today, so 8/8/8/this week with a first-set-last-rest-pause to finish off.

5/3/1 programmed exercises (repeat 5/5/5 this week):

• Squats - pyramid 5x165 5x190 5x215 5x190 5x165
                    • Bench press - pyramid 5x125 5x140 5x160 5x140 11x125

8/6/3 programmed assistance exercises (8/8/8 week):

• Hammer rows - 8x160 8x180 12x195 Rest/pause 12,7,6 reps x 160#

Other assistance exercises

• Dumbbell incline press drop sets - 10x55/10x35 10x50
                    • Hamstring curls - 2x10x140
                    Last edited by miata; 10-13-2014, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• What is your workout today?

Been too damn gassed after my last few workouts to post them. Today was almost the same.

Squats

172.5 kg (380 lb) x 5 x 3

Bench

92.5 kg (203 lb) x 5 x 3

Power Cleans

85 kg (187 lb) x 3 x 3

Modified "Diane"

Deadlift 120 kg (264 lb appr 107% bodyweight, weighed in at 112 kg/246 lb tonight) 21, 15, 9

Behind the neck press short ROM 50 kg (110 lb) 21, 15, 9

Squats went great. Bench was solid. Cleans were taxing, after the first set it was all rest pause.

The Mini Diane killed me. Shouldn't have loaded above bodyweight, but I was too lazy to walk to the smaller plates and too prideful to drop down once I started making reps. All of the deadlift sets were rest pause in various sequences. The presses were done in continuous fashion. Didn't time it, but I wasn't gonna win any races. My form was good though, so I can live with that.

So hungry.
                      Last edited by Reventon; 10-14-2014, 03:16 AM.

Comment

• I'm on the last week of the program I've been following for the past 12 weeks (actually 13 counting my one deload week). I'm going for a new squat max later today. Somewhere between 330 and 350 hopefully. Last week I got 325 for two singles.

I'm not sure what program I will start next week. I'm thinking of shifting to a slightly higher volume/more hypertrophy oriented program. I also want to add my weighted pullups/chinups back in more regularly.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                          I'm on the last week of the program I've been following for the past 12 weeks (actually 13 counting my one deload week). I'm going for a new squat max later today. Somewhere between 330 and 350 hopefully. Last week I got 325 for two singles.
                          Well, I only got 335x1. I tried 350 and failed. Tried 345 and failed. Then went for 335. After coming out of the bottom, I'm pretty sure I was stopped for a good 2-3 seconds, but I gritted my teeth (I think I almost cracked them, lol) and finally stood up.

Comment

• Rode bicycle to gym and various places

Squats with safety bar. Wasnt paying attention to the weight, #of sets or reps. To busy talking during rest phase. I am sure my pt was though.

Kettlebell swings 4x15 weight unknown.

Timed interval boxing (for conditioning) 4 @ 30 sec

Comment

• Originally posted by Reventon View Post
                              Squats

172.5 kg (380 lb) x 5 x 3
                              Have I ever told you how much I hate you? Seething rage. That is my workout today.
                              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                                Have I ever told you how much I hate you? Seething rage. That is my workout today.
                                Dude, you're so far ahead of me in the chin up and dip stakes it's not even funny.

Let my chunky legs have their moment of glory

Comment

Working...
                                X