Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    Yesterday...

10 days off from training, letting my banged-up knee heal up, and just doing a general deload. Went in today and got back at it.

3x5 long jump

Squat: was supposed to do 7x5 at 235 lbs, with a minute between sets, but felt like I was babying the sore knee a little so I dialed it down. I did something like 5, 3, 3, 2, 2 with the 235. Didn't push anything.

Paused Bench: 170x5, 200x5, 225x5, 265x1. Wanted two or three on that last set, but was a bit off from not training.

Chinups +25 lbs: 5x5

2x25 side bends with 45 lbs

100 triceps pushdowns with 85 lbs

Felt ok considering the time off. I'm finally smart enough to not push injuries too much.
    That's always a hard line to toe, wanting to not be a pussy vs wanting to not be a dumbass. Ego and drive can be a hindrance more than a help there in so many ways.

Solid work on the bench, man. Jealous of the 265 paused.

Comment

• Squat: 365 x 4 (f)
      Press: 165 x 3, 165 x 4 (PR - for Neckhammer's benefit)
      Deadlift: 470 x 2
      Hole 3 Rack Pulls: 495 x 5 (RPE eleventy billion)
      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• started incorporating more body weight and movement/mobility type work (think gymnastics or ido portal-ish) into my training between big deadlift, squat, or clean days for active recovery and.. well.. fun!

today:
        Press: 40 kilo (88lb) 3x8 sets. my presses have always been my worst lifts. weak, weak shoulders, but im improving
        strict ring muscle up: 3x5 sets
        tucked front lever pullups: 5x5
        skin the cat: 3x3
        lizard crawls
        deep squat "rabbit leaps"
        ape lateral sidesteps in a deep squat
        bear crawls
        handstand practice
        20 minute bike ride (total to and from gym)

Comment

• Did 6 rounds of 5/3/1 and now I'm just putzing around for the past few weeks...still hitting it 3-4x/week, but more autoregulation style. So PRs in my last couple weeks are:

325x5 deadlift
          245x5 squat
          165x2 overhead press
          155x3 clean and press

Focker Out!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            Squat: 365 x 4 (f)
            Press: 165 x 3, 165 x 4 (PR - for Neckhammer's benefit)
            Deadlift: 470 x 2
            Hole 3 Rack Pulls: 495 x 5 (RPE eleventy billion)
            very nice man....165 is freaking heavy as hell. I cant see why it feels the world shifts between 155 and 165.

Comment

• BBS Big 5. Progression all the way around, except for overhead press, which was just about the same as last week (same weight/same TUL). Total workout was 8m 30s
              “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Originally posted by Neckhammer View Post
                very nice man....165 is freaking heavy as hell. I cant see why it feels the world shifts between 155 and 165.
                I'm competing in a meet that goes squat-press-deadlift. Hoping to get it up to 180+ by 10/25!
                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Undecided! Yesterday I did 3 miles, and a bit surprised at the relative ease since I haven't done much cardio since march. Instead electing to concentrate on bodyweight exercises, pullups and carrying heavy stuff around the house...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 4, week 2 (3/3/3), Workout B

Added "big but boring" for Trap Bar dead lift. Not bad. Rows were too easy, so will pad that by 10 additional pounds going forward.

The only scary part is that I failed on the 4th rep on the last set for both squats and trap bar dead lifts.

"5/3/1 programmed exercises (3/3/3 this week):"

• Hammer Strength chest press 3x120 3x140 4x155 - first set last rest/pause 10/5/2
                    • Hammer Strength rows 3x155 3x180 12x200 - first set last rest/pause 20/8/8
                    • Trap bar dead lift 3x245 3x280 3x315 + (Big but Boring) 10x135 10x145 3x10x155

Assistance exercises

• Dumbbell incline press 5x15x50
                    • RDL with trap bar 10x135
                    • Trap bar shrugs 2x10x205
                    Last edited by miata; 09-13-2014, 08:43 AM.

Comment

• Squat: 330 x 5 x 3
                      Swiss Bar Bench (widest grips): 205 x 4, 185 x 8, 6
                      Chin-ups: +105 x 2 (PR), +75 x 5, +50 x 8
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Squat: 330 x 5 x 3
                        Swiss Bar Bench (widest grips): 205 x 4, 185 x 8, 6
                        Chin-ups: +105 x 2 (PR), +75 x 5, +50 x 8
                        Phew, thought that said Swiss ball for a sec.
                        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                          Phew, thought that said Swiss ball for a sec.
                          And I will be calling it "neutral grip bench press" from now on. ha ha.
                          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

And I will be calling it "neutral grip bench press" from now on. ha ha.
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 4, week 2 (5/3/1), Workout A

Still on track. I did 'big and boring" on both squats and press. I felt good that I was able to do 3 reps on the squats, but felt a little guilty for not going all the way down on that last set -- below parallel, but but not all the way down:-(

I really nailed the pull-downs, so will need in increase my set-point by about 10 pounds next cycle.

The volume is really starting to pick up -- especially for legs with with 8 working sets of squats and 6 working sets of various leg machines. I'm seriously considering splitting into 3 routines staggered across a week and a half -- and then skipping the standard, 4th de-load week. That would give me shorter workouts and more recovery time.

"5/3/1 programmed exercises (5/3/1 this week):"

• Squats 5x180 3x205 3x230
                              • Hammer Strength pull-downs 5x175 3x200 10x220
                              • Overhead press 35x95 3x110 3x120

Assistance exercises:

• Squats 5x10x135 (big & boring)
                              • Overhead press 5x10x70 (big & boring)
                              • Arnold press 2x15 20x20
                              • Hamstring curls 2x10x140
                              • Leg extension machine 2x10x170
                              • Calf raises machine 2x15x250

Comment