No announcement yet.

What is your workout today?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met with coach today for the first time in 2 weeks. After running tight cycles for the past 6 months, I started school on Monday of last week (Exercise Science major) and my entire schedule has been turned on it's head. Today after training chest coach prescribed 1 full week of rest. He's allowing cardio on the bike, but no running.

Haven't attended school in decades. Suffering from performance anxiety, lack of sleep and cortisol over-amp. Hopefully by next week I can regain a sense of equilibrium and begin adapting to my new routine & programming.
    Ht: 5'8"
    Wt: 166
    BF: 9%

Everybody wanna be big, but don't nobody wanna lift no heavy-ass weights! - Ronnie Coleman

Comment

• Pathetic moderate volume/ moderate intensity crap for me !

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 4, week 1 (5/5/5), Workout B

Another good workout using "first-set--last-rest-pause" on the chest press and rows. Was able to hit all of my program reps and exceeded 5 on chest press with 6 reps, rows with 10 reps -- and yahoo -- trap bar dead lift with 8 reps.

Exercise Sets Reps Weight

"5/3/1 programmed exercises(5/5/5 this week):"

• Hammer Strength chest press 5x115 5x130 6x145 (first set last - rest/pause with 8/5/3 reps)
        • Hammer Strength rows 5x145 5x165 10x190 (first set last - rest/pause with 20/10/5 reps)
        • Trap bar dead lift 5x225 5x260 8x295

Assistance exercises

• Dumbbell incline press 4x15x50, 15x45 (drop set)
        • Dumbbell front raises 15x30 15x25
        • RDL with trap bar 2x10x135
        • Trap bar shrugs 2x10x205

Comment

• Slaughtered 46 chickens. Scalded, plucked, gutted, cleaned, bagged and frozen. My back is more tired than my heaviest deadlift day.....

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Just presses and pulldowns today.

Several sets of 10 on standing presses, highest was 135.
            Pulldowns were also several sets of 10, highest was the 10th pin (whatever that weighs lol).
            Last edited by Jothra; 09-08-2014, 02:09 PM.
            Things worth eating are rarely sold in stores.
            [ Paleo // Weston A. Price // Intermittent Fasting ]
            *** School of Medicine class of 2017

Comment

• Jumprope day: 4 x 60:60, 4 x 30:30, 8 x 20:10
              “If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” -- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

• Deadlift: 295x13
                Burnout: straight leg raises from a dip position. Think I got about 20.

I was all around tired. I spent about 2 hours yesterday on grappling. I'm still lousy about it but the physical effort was real.

Taking that into account, I'll use my own discretion next deadlift session as to whether I want to repeat 295 or just skip to 315.
                Things worth eating are rarely sold in stores.
                [ Paleo // Weston A. Price // Intermittent Fasting ]
                *** School of Medicine class of 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  Slaughtered 46 chickens. Scalded, plucked, gutted, cleaned, bagged and frozen. My back is more tired than my heaviest deadlift day.....
                  Yikes. Rocky got tired and out of breath just trying to catch 1.

Last night:
                  Squat: 325 x 5 x 5
                  Dip: 75 x 5, 100 x 5, 125 x 5
                  Chin-up: 60 x 6 x 3, 0 x 16

Solid night in the loft, but nothing particularly heroic for me. Maybe skipping bench was heroic. Damn shoulder.
                  The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post

Last night:

Solid night in the loft, but nothing particularly heroic for me. Maybe skipping bench was heroic. Damn shoulder.
                    But he did get greasy fast speed because of it.
                    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Richardmac View Post
                      But he did get greasy fast speed because of it.
                      There is no tomorrow!
                      The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Bastardized 5/3/1 cycle 4, week 2 (3/3/3), Workout A

Bad timing. I got queued up behind 4 folks using/waiting on two power racks. I ended up doing my presses by cleaning from from the floor to save time and interestingly enough that way seemed easier. I've always struggled with the barbell press as I'm on the adaptation curve. For the first time I exceeded reps on last working set . I also ended up ditching my usual leg assistance exercises as I just ran out of time.

I'm rally starting to like the first set last rest pause routine. I don't think it is recommended for the squat, but do it anyway.

Exercise Sets Reps Weight

"5/3/1 programmed exercises(5/5/5 this week):"

• Squats 3x170 3x195 3x220 followed by "first set last -- rest/pause " (170#) 5/5/3 reps
                        • Hammer Strength pull-downs 3x165 3x185 5x210 followed by "first set last -- rest/pause " (165#) 9/6/4 reps
                        • Overhead press 3x85 3x95 5x110 followed by "first set last -- rest/pause " (85#) 10/5/1 reps (

Assistance exercises

• Arnold press 3x15x20
                        Last edited by miata; 09-09-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• 4 hours of walking for the third time last seven days. (+ 2 times in the gym and one sprint session during this time)
                          My primary goal is losing weight atm and these really long walks combined with the gym and sprints should
                          be pretty effective, right? Im not eating more than usual on these walk-days.

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post

Last night:

It's much easier to pick them up at night when they are asleep..... chickens have horrible night vision, and I gathered them just before first light, AND they were in an 14x24 ft house, so they couldn't run far... AND these were fat, sluggish meat birds.... I dont chase the laying hens... they quick like greased lightnin

Comment

• Workout A of SS 5x5 for the first time in around 9 months! Just over half of my PB on the bar. Felt good, but I'll be sore tomorrow

Comment

• Yesterday...

10 days off from training, letting my banged-up knee heal up, and just doing a general deload. Went in today and got back at it.

3x5 long jump

Squat: was supposed to do 7x5 at 235 lbs, with a minute between sets, but felt like I was babying the sore knee a little so I dialed it down. I did something like 5, 3, 3, 2, 2 with the 235. Didn't push anything.

Paused Bench: 170x5, 200x5, 225x5, 265x1. Wanted two or three on that last set, but was a bit off from not training.

Chinups +25 lbs: 5x5

2x25 side bends with 45 lbs

100 triceps pushdowns with 85 lbs

Felt ok considering the time off. I'm finally smart enough to not push injuries too much.

Comment

Working...
                                X